A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:59 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
just listened to the 45 clip on my break. sounding great! cant wait to watch the rest later. feel bad for Brian having to carry those chorus's on his own but he does a great job

Yeah, it'd be good if the Alex's chipped in a bit haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Klown wrote:
No, don't click that link, click the next one down Smile

It will make sense when you see it Smile

Fuck, I hadnt seen that mate I hadnt even scrolled down I thought the first link was it. Thanks for spelling it out for me though Ive got there now. Is there an audio file for the Letterman show? Can I just say you're an absolute legend doing all the video rips lately. Big thanks man!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Klown wrote:
No, don't click that link, click the next one down Smile

It will make sense when you see it Smile

Fuck, I hadnt seen that mate I hadnt even scrolled down I thought the first link was it. Thanks for spelling it out for me though Ive got there now. Is there an audio file for the Letterman show? Can I just say you're an absolute legend doing all the video rips lately. Big thanks man!

mediafire.com ?e98y8vedz6bndr2

No splits in tracks, but there ya go Very Happy Had to fix it this afternoon, but works now Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 pm

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
bringiton_ty wrote:
just listened to the 45 clip on my break. sounding great! cant wait to watch the rest later. feel bad for Brian having to carry those chorus's on his own but he does a great job

Yeah, it'd be good if the Alex's chipped in a bit haha

yeah damn right! seeing how anthemic that chorus is, a boost from the the rest would really lift it and the energy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:17 pm

snakester wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
snakester wrote:
They fucking killed Here Comes My Man though. So much emotion in that performance. I can't wait for Handwritten to come out and get to hear the songs from that live, especially the title track.

Agreed! I started to tear up listening to it.

Elvis did that for me at this show. He actually got all the words right this time, and it's probably a toss up for my most relatable Gaslight song, with the tie going to Here's Looking At You, Kid.

When I hear the "never felt right, never fit in, walking in my own skin" line I usually lose it.

I hear that. Love that song. I thought Blue Jeans was done particularly well too
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Casey wrote:
Great setlist and performance! 45 is steadily getting better every performance. It still sounds like Brian struggles a bit with the "ayyyyyy"s in the chorus, but I can already hear a huge improvement over previous performances.

Just compared the studio version with yesterdays klive version of 45...is here anybody else also thinking the studio version sounds a little better? I missed the dynamic and the energy (especially of Brian's voice) yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:57 pm

The new version of Biloxi Parish is probably my favourite song off the new album so far. Love the other 2 we've heard, but both lyrically and instrumentally Biloxi is my favourite.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:03 pm

I will say that 45 has the biggest differential between the studio version and the live performance of any of their songs so far. Not that Brian isn't doing a good job, it's just a hard song to sing and his voice can't really deliver the same punch as usual.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:24 pm

That new bridge or whatever after the solo in Biloxi is ace
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:07 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
I will say that 45 has the biggest differential between the studio version and the live performance of any of their songs so far. Not that Brian isn't doing a good job, it's just a hard song to sing and his voice can't really deliver the same punch as usual.

Yep. Everyone who saw the Brooklyn show should understand why he's singing it a bit more restrained now.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:19 pm

snakester wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

Yep. Everyone who saw the Brooklyn show should understand why he's singing it a bit more restrained now.

Except anyone who saw the 45 shoot should know he can do it. Its just something that I think he has to really warm up for and he probably can't/shouldn't do that to his voice during a full show.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
snakester wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

Except anyone who saw the 45 shoot should know he can do it. Its just something that I think he has to really warm up for and he probably can't/shouldn't do that to his voice during a full show.

Touring beats the shit out of your voice, playing shows probably just takes too much off his voice.

That youtube video from the 45 shoot is still the best that song has sounded live, especially the vocals.
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:23 pm

snakester wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

Fair enough, I never got to see that performance of it. In a full show though, I'd much rather have him singing it this way, and be great for the rest of the set. When you're singing something to the point your voice gives out halfway through, it's probably gonna affect the rest of the show too.

This is also in no way meant as a bash against Brian either, as I've pointed out before I think he's an amazing musician.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I used to have a jacket just like the one Brian's wearing there.

You are a fool for ever parting with such a spectacular jacket haha. I pointed that out to the person I was watching it with, just how cool that jacket is.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I posted this last night, but Brian's blue guitar is too cool.
Back to top Go down
megan125
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:35 am

That show was fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:40 am

snakester wrote:
snakester wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

Fair enough, I never got to see that performance of it. In a full show though, I'd much rather have him singing it this way, and be great for the rest of the set. When you're singing something to the point your voice gives out halfway through, it's probably gonna affect the rest of the show too.

This is also in no way meant as a bash against Brian either, as I've pointed out before I think he's an amazing musician.

I totally agree. I wouldn't want him to kill his voice for a show or tour over one song. I didn't think you were bashing him Smile I just wanted to make sure people know he can legit do it since not everyone was lucky enough to be there to see/hear it.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:57 am

Anyone notice a difference between the live stream and the one currently on the Letterman site? I remember thinking Brian's voice was off for the first have of the live stream, and then when they played it again immediately after. Then today I watched it again and noticed he sounded muuuch better, like they edited the audio before posting it to stream or somethig. I dunno if it's just me or not though. It might be, haha.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:19 am

NicholasHorror wrote:
Anyone notice a difference between the live stream and the one currently on the Letterman site? I remember thinking Brian's voice was off for the first have of the live stream, and then when they played it again immediately after. Then today I watched it again and noticed he sounded muuuch better, like they edited the audio before posting it to stream or somethig. I dunno if it's just me or not though. It might be, haha.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did edit it. Late night shows always have horrible quality with their bands, I don't get it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:20 am

snakester wrote:
snakester wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

I totally agree. I wouldn't want him to kill his voice for a show or tour over one song. I didn't think you were bashing him Smile I just wanted to make sure people know he can legit do it since not everyone was lucky enough to be there to see/hear it.

Cool just wanted to make sure I didn't come off all like "oh that Brian guy can't sing". I really do hope he winds up finding a happy place for 45 where he can get his voice behind it a little bit more in a full set, but not completely destroy his voice in the process. It really is a song that was meant to be belted out, and I think with how well he did with the high notes on Here Comes My Man it's a definite possibility.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:15 am

Breanne wrote:
NicholasHorror wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they did edit it. Late night shows always have horrible quality with their bands, I don't get it

The audio is weird on the stream versus live. I thought it sounded excellent live and that his vocals sounded great and then when I rewatched it I could barely hear him at the beginning. Glad to hear they fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:22 am

I thought Great Expectations sounded a bit dodgy vocally but afterwards I thought his voice was awesome. Thats the best version of Biloxi Ive seen, topping Glasto 2011!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:30 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

You are a fool for ever parting with such a spectacular jacket haha. I pointed that out to the person I was watching it with, just how cool that jacket is.
Hehe, yeah it was a cool jacket, I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Wore it literally every day from september to december last year, got bored of it!

Ended up selling it for more than I bought it, haha.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Harbortown wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Hehe, yeah it was a cool jacket, I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Wore it literally every day from september to december last year, got bored of it!

Ended up selling it for more than I bought it, haha.

What kind of jacket is it and where can you find it? It is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)   

Back to top Go down

Live on Letterman June 27 (& win tickets!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next