A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:37 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I'm weak. I said I wouldn't listen to any previews and I did. Screw it, we're so close and yet 2 weeks feels like 2 years! Please Mr. Postman, deliver the album early.

It is coming one week early. I have that feeling. My bones are telling me that this is true. It has to be!!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:39 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I'm weak. I said I wouldn't listen to any previews and I did. Screw it, we're so close and yet 2 weeks feels like 2 years! Please Mr. Postman, deliver the album early.

Shelby! Shocked I'm shocked that you listened to the previews! I am still holding out for the 24th (OR EARLIER if Interpunk and the post office are speedy!)...but what did you think of the clips? The waiting is killing me and I need info without actually listening, haha. Very Happy

I had a moment of panic where I was like "what if on the first listen I hate the album? What if it takes me as long as it took me to like Here Comes My Man to like the entire album?" I needed to do something to get my fears and expectations in check.

No spoilers don't worry...

You're not missing anything (don't panic, when I say that I mean the previews are too short to tell anything). Basically it was enough to know that Here Comes My Man is a good indication of what the album will sound like. It sounds like Mae and Mulholland Drive belong on the same album as HCMM wheras I think 45 and Biloxi are more like outliers. They definitely have not lost what makes them TGA. Idk it's hard to describe because they were soooo short. Like with the fade in and out, it's probably around 20 second long clips and I only listened once.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 pm

I think what Shelby is saying is......that Mulholland Drive is Heaven.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 pm

oh boy more weaklings coming out.

As soon as I knew the clips were out there I had to listen to them and get it over with or else I would have been fighting a battle with myself for 3 weeks. The clips defintiely don't give too much away. You can a general idea of the sound of the album and that's about it.

So just how slow will the next two weeks go?

PS for anyone that lives in NJ I know a record store that sometimes puts out merch a lot earlier than the release date. I know they put out Elsie the Friday before - so I am definitely going to hit them up next Friday to see if they put this out. This is a pretty big release for them though, so I have some doubts they would.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Listened to the Mae clip because I'm a damn fool and my dream last night about a fake Handwritten leak was too heartbreaking.

Sounds like the best song on the album and Brian's vocals impressed me more than anything's I've heard before. Realllyyyy heavy stuff.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Shelby! Shocked I'm shocked that you listened to the previews! I am still holding out for the 24th (OR EARLIER if Interpunk and the post office are speedy!)...but what did you think of the clips? The waiting is killing me and I need info without actually listening, haha. Very Happy

I had a moment of panic where I was like "what if on the first listen I hate the album? What if it takes me as long as it took me to like Here Comes My Man to like the entire album?" I needed to do something to get my fears and expectations in check.

You're not missing anything (don't panic, when I say that I mean the previews are too short to tell anything). Basically it was enough to know that Here Comes My Man is a good indication of what the album will sound like. It sounds like Mae and Mulholland Drive belong on the same album as HCMM wheras I think 45 and Biloxi are more like outliers. They definitely have not lost what makes them TGA. Idk it's hard to describe because they were soooo short. Like with the fade in and out, it's probably around 20 second long clips and I only listened once.

Thank, Shelby! I do feel better knowing that I'm not missing much because the clips are so short.

And Chris, I really hope you're right about the album arriving early! That would be so great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm

SirBrad wrote:

PS for anyone that lives in NJ I know a record store that sometimes puts out merch a lot earlier than the release date. I know they put out Elsie the Friday before - so I am definitely going to hit them up next Friday to see if they put this out. This is a pretty big release for them though, so I have some doubts they would.

Where's this store?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Listened to the Mae clip because I'm a damn fool and my dream last night about a fake Handwritten leak was too heartbreaking.

Sounds like the best song on the album and Brian's vocals impressed me more than anything's I've heard before. Realllyyyy heavy stuff.

That's a cruel dream!

but yeah "heavy" is a good word to use. I agree about the vocals too.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank, Shelby! I do feel better knowing that I'm not missing much because the clips are so short.

And Chris, I really hope you're right about the album arriving early! That would be so great!

The UPS man drove by and I jumped up from my chair. Sadly, he continued driving by. Sad
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:28 pm

It's apparently on Deezer right now, in full. I can't get in due to country restrictions but maybe some of you can?

I'm guessing that's how Handwritten is going to leak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:29 pm

It's loaded up but you can't play them until the 23rd.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Got it. Nevermind then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Vibes wrote:
It's apparently on Deezer right now, in full. I can't get in due to country restrictions but maybe some of you can?

What is Deezer?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:33 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

The UPS man drove by and I jumped up from my chair. Sadly, he continued driving by. Sad

It's just cruel of him to tease you like that! In the last few days, boxes have come in the mail and I get so excited thinking that maybe, just maybe, the album has arrived, and it's constant disappointment. Sigh...
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:35 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

It's just cruel of him to tease you like that! In the last few days, boxes have come in the mail and I get so excited thinking that maybe, just maybe, the album has arrived, and it's constant disappointment. Sigh...

Ugh, Chuck Ragan got my hopes up with this. The new Hot Water Music album came in the mail 6 days early. I was hoping this would happen with this album but I doubt it will. I'll never forget opening that package and seeing the new hwm album and the shirt wrapped up nicely. Ugh, DO THE SAME FOR ME MR.FALLON!!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:41 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Vibes wrote:

What is Deezer?

Music streaming site
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:43 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Ugh, Chuck Ragan got my hopes up with this. The new Hot Water Music album came in the mail 6 days early. I was hoping this would happen with this album but I doubt it will. I'll never forget opening that package and seeing the new hwm album and the shirt wrapped up nicely. Ugh, DO THE SAME FOR ME MR.FALLON!!

Wow, six days early?! That must have been so exciting! I think the same thing should happen with Handwritten. I NEED THIS ALBUM SO BADLY!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Camus wrote:

Apparently some people are able to download it to their phones and play it on there, online and offline.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Vibes wrote:
Camus wrote:

Apparently some people are able to download it to their phones and play it on there, online and offline.

Maybe I need to sign in to do that. I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 pm

It seems like the only way to sign up is through Facebook, which I hate doing, so maybe someone else can check this out.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Camus wrote:
It seems like the only way to sign up is through Facebook, which I hate doing, so maybe someone else can check this out.

We gotta figure it out!!! Eh, but i dont want to listen to it till i have a copy in my hands. Ugh, what do i do!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:54 pm

I dont understand.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Camus wrote:

We gotta figure it out!!! Eh, but i dont want to listen to it till i have a copy in my hands. Ugh, what do i do!!!!!!!!!

Still nothing, comes up as July 23rd.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Vibes wrote:
Camus wrote:

Who said this?
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Someone on the Diamond Church Street Fb group
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next