A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:20 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:
Yeah I'm waiting. I haven't had a problem getting tickets and I don't particularly need another shirt right now.

Only problem waiting is they specifically mention a membership number. If Gaslight becomes big enough to routinely play large, seated venues, seniority will matter.

IDK Brian was pretty adiment about no seniority system. I think the number is more like a code. I just hope with this lottery thing that it works out as fairly as possible. If someone gets tickets 3 times in a row and someone else misses out all 3 times just due to a computerized lottery then that'd be terrible. My biggest concern though is where the "seats" will be located and the waiting in line for a good shot. I almost wish this was a post sale rather than a presale for like if you don't get the tickets you want. Watch us all get tickets in seats for a show and the band be like wtf the pit is so passive & the people in the back are nuts. Wups.

I think the "pick up only" ticket thing is solely to prevent the re-selling of tickets by touts and the like. So as much as it bothers (and worries me) picking up tickets at the venue on the day, I guess it serves a good purpose.

But even then, if someone really wants to scalp tickets, they will. Even if it's a completely paperless system. Buy a ticket for yourself, sell the other spot, and choose to either stay for the show or just leave. Making people show up with their +1 doesn't really do anything at all. I don't think there's a way around it, really.

If anything, the 2 ticket requirement encourages this, if someone really has nobody else to go with them.

I doubt many touts would be prepared to go to those lengths. They'd have to pay to sign up to start with...

Right now it probably wouldn't be worth it, but it's a definite possibility if the band gets bigger. What's most likely to happen is it will be people who want to go to the show themselves and sell the other "ticket." The fact is, requiring someone to show up at a venue with whoever their +1 is will NOT eliminate scalping. If there's a profit to be made, nobody cares about whether or not they interact with the buyer.

WIll call pickup, while not infallible, is still the single best way to discourage scalping.

Aside from the NYC area, no scalper will have any interest in joining Gaslight's fan club to turn a profit. And they won't unless Gaslight gets much, much bigger.

Last edited by bakerfall on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:21 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:
Yeah I'm waiting. I haven't had a problem getting tickets and I don't particularly need another shirt right now.

Only problem waiting is they specifically mention a membership number. If Gaslight becomes big enough to routinely play large, seated venues, seniority will matter.

IDK Brian was pretty adiment about no seniority system. I think the number is more like a code. I just hope with this lottery thing that it works out as fairly as possible. If someone gets tickets 3 times in a row and someone else misses out all 3 times just due to a computerized lottery then that'd be terrible. My biggest concern though is where the "seats" will be located and the waiting in line for a good shot. I almost wish this was a post sale rather than a presale for like if you don't get the tickets you want. Watch us all get tickets in seats for a show and the band be like wtf the pit is so passive & the people in the back are nuts. Wups.

I think the "pick up only" ticket thing is solely to prevent the re-selling of tickets by touts and the like. So as much as it bothers (and worries me) picking up tickets at the venue on the day, I guess it serves a good purpose.

But even then, if someone really wants to scalp tickets, they will. Even if it's a completely paperless system. Buy a ticket for yourself, sell the other spot, and choose to either stay for the show or just leave. Making people show up with their +1 doesn't really do anything at all. I don't think there's a way around it, really.

If anything, the 2 ticket requirement encourages this, if someone really has nobody else to go with them.

I doubt many touts would be prepared to go to those lengths. They'd have to pay to sign up to start with...

Right now it probably wouldn't be worth it, but it's a definite possibility if the band gets bigger. What's most likely to happen is it will be people who want to go to the show themselves and sell the other "ticket." The fact is, requiring someone to show up at a venue with whoever their +1 is will NOT eliminate scalping. If there's a profit to be made, nobody cares about whether or not they interact with the buyer.

I agree. But I think it will limit the amount of touts prepared to go to such lengths as actually ATTENDING the show just to make a few quid. As for someone selling their +1, I can't blame them, the 2 tickets minimum is a bit wrong in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks that the 2 tickets minimum is a stupid idea.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:24 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks that the 2 tickets minimum is a stupid idea.

Two ticket minimum is common across fan clubs, and has always been the policy with the Ten Club where they got their policies from.

Two ticket min/max (you can't get more either) is logistically essential when dealing with seated venues. The fan club will get some % of seats, in pairs. The pairs are then distributed. Adding singles to the mix is adding unnecessary complications.

Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:24 pm

I can say for certain that the box office at the Williamsburg show did not open up until the doors opened. Maybe they were open earlier in the day, but not within about an hour and a half before 7.

I have to admit I am a tiny disappointed with the ticketing. I was looking for more of a guarantee. In some parts of the world where the band isn't as popular it might work out great, but I still think in the NJ/NYC area there will be a greater fan club membership to ticket availability ratio which will still make it tough to get tix - although you still have that shot at least.

But for $25 you get some vinyls, a shirt and a cool member card to show your pals. Not really much to lose really - it's $2 a month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Debonair wrote:
Bluuu wrote:
Imagine if one of us has membership #1

Most likely one of us does have it because we found it before gaslight even announced the website and fan club. It would most likely be njguy99 because he was the first person to post on here that he bought it.

Oh god I'll poop myself if I'm #1. I promise not to hog all the ticket offers... farao
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:26 pm

bakerfall wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Two ticket minimum is common across fan clubs, and has always been the policy with the Ten Club where they got their policies from.

Two ticket min/max (you can't get more either) is logistically essential when dealing with seated venues. The fan club will get some % of seats, in pairs. The pairs are then distributed. Adding singles to the mix is adding unnecessary complications.

So are standing tickets simply not possible within the fan club structure?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Bluuu wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:

IDK Brian was pretty adiment about no seniority system. I think the number is more like a code. I just hope with this lottery thing that it works out as fairly as possible. If someone gets tickets 3 times in a row and someone else misses out all 3 times just due to a computerized lottery then that'd be terrible. My biggest concern though is where the "seats" will be located and the waiting in line for a good shot. I almost wish this was a post sale rather than a presale for like if you don't get the tickets you want.

Watch us all get tickets in seats for a show and the band be like wtf the pit is so passive & the people in the back are nuts. Wups.

Also did anyone catch the part about it being a place for fans to socialize (the fanclub site). You think they're gonna have a forum like the PJ site does? Can't they just link everybody here?

And I agree about will call being a good thing I just don't wanna end up behind the non fanclub members because of it.

Concerning linking here, not gonna happen. Major Label, label forum.

That's gonna be so weird though. I wonder what's gonna happen with that.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:27 pm

bakerfall wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

For the forseeable future all gaslight fan club tickets are going to be standing because they're only playing GA venues.

Two tickets is a standard fan club practice, this should not shock or surprise anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm

bakerfall wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

For the forseeable future all gaslight fan club tickets are going to be standing because they're only playing GA venues.

Two tickets is a standard fan club practice, this should not shock or surprise anyone.

ahh didn't know it was a standard fan club thing.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm

SirBrad wrote:
I can say for certain that the box office at the Williamsburg show did not open up until the doors opened. Maybe they were open earlier in the day, but not within about an hour and a half before 7.

I have to admit I am a tiny disappointed with the ticketing. I was looking for more of a guarantee. In some parts of the world where the band isn't as popular it might work out great, but I still think in the NJ/NYC area there will be a greater fan club membership to ticket availability ratio which will still make it tough to get tix - although you still have that shot at least.

But for $25 you get some vinyls, a shirt and a cool member card to show your pals. Not really much to lose really - it's $2 a month.

There's never a guarantee. You either do a lottery like this, or you deal with inadequate ticketing websites that crash when they get hit. PJ went to the lottery because of that. Personally, I'd rather have my fate in my own hands, but there would never be a guarantee.

They are not going to get more than 10% of the tickets at any venue, probably less at some.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:30 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

ahh didn't know it was a standard fan club thing.

It's really not a big deal, if Gaslight gets big enough for the Fan Club tix to really be needed, you'll never have a problem selling your extra.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:30 pm

bakerfall wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Well the two tickets thing actually works well for me as my girlfriend will be joining me anyway. It just seems unfair on those who plan on going alone.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 pm

So excited, was bummed for years when I missed out on all the Blood Pact vinyl
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 pm

brucesboots wrote:
the only problem with picking tix up at the venue , in most cases you cant get to the box office to collect tickets untill the doors open, there goes getting to the front.

Easy solution: Get there early, talk with the people in line, ask them to save you a spot at the front if you don't have your tickets in time. Then when the time comes, get your tickets after people have gone in, and politely work your way through the crowd to your spot your new found friends have saved for you.

3 birds with one stone- get your tickets, get a spot in front, AND NEW GASLIGHT FRIENDS!!! (WOOHOO!!! I love gaslight friends Very Happy)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 pm

anyone have any experience with infinite merch??

I kno the ten club is run by PJ's own people as for this...it seems it's a third party company??
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
the only problem with picking tix up at the venue , in most cases you cant get to the box office to collect tickets untill the doors open, there goes getting to the front.

Easy solution: Get there early, talk with the people in line, ask them to save you a spot at the front if you don't have your tickets in time. Then when the time comes, get your tickets after people have gone in, and politely work your way through the crowd to your spot your new found friends have saved for you.

3 birds with one stone- get your tickets, get a spot in front, AND NEW GASLIGHT FRIENDS!!! (WOOHOO!!! I love gaslight friends Very Happy)

Seriously guys, this isn't something to worry about. They're creating this fan club with will call only, there is going to be a separate window and you'll be able to pick up well before doors. I promise Smile
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:35 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

I kno the ten club is run by PJ's own people as for this...it seems it's a third party company??

Isn't Infinite Merch Gaslight Anthems official store? I thought the band had a lot to with the club too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:36 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Isn't Infinite Merch Gaslight Anthems official store? I thought the band had a lot to with the club too.

well looking at their site they do merch for other bands also..so i wonder if it's a merch company that basically contracts bands
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Infinite Merch is selling the memberships, not running the fan club.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

well looking at their site they do merch for other bands also..so i wonder if it's a merch company that basically contracts bands

I think so but I know that they have the official handwritten preorder pack. I think they do contact bands but I have never been let down by that site so I think it is a good choice for merchandise.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

if you only need one ticket and are cool, you won't have a hard time finding one fan on a forum looking for a single ticket at face value. then you meet up before the show and bang, you both get in.

if you need more than 2, well, you better make sure your other friends get in the 45 RPM Club ASAP!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

bakerfall wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Seriously guys, this isn't something to worry about. They're creating this fan club with will call only, there is going to be a separate window and you'll be able to pick up well before doors. I promise Smile

You seem to know a lot about it...*cough*insider*cough*
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

njguy99 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Bluuu wrote:
Imagine if one of us has membership #1

Most likely one of us does have it because we found it before gaslight even announced the website and fan club. It would most likely be njguy99 because he was the first person to post on here that he bought it.

Oh god I'll poop myself if I'm #1. I promise not to hog all the ticket offers... farao

hah. not to burst your bubble but I placed an order right before it was posted here. my email confirmation was sent at 10:47 est.
Back to top Go down
ashleybb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah, I'm not into paying double for shows where I want to go alone. Standard fan club practice? I've never been a member of a fan club where I was required to buy two tickets. Apparently that's a Pearl Jam thing, but I'm not a member of their fan club, sooooo...

I did join the 45RPM club for the other stuff, though. $25 isn't a bad price. The pre-sale just sounds too complicated to be worth it. I probably won't participate in that part unless they add meet and greet or soundcheck opportunities at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next