A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm hoping we get a fan club only El Jefe poster at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 pm

bakerfall wrote:
The information on the 45 RPM Club was taken almost verbatim from the Ten Club. I'm assuming they worked them and didn't just steal it.

http://www.infinitemerch.com/product.php?productid=17771&cat=688&page=1
http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets

I hope they tweak this as they go as the Ten Club model, especially with ticketing, isn't one to emulate in my opinion.

Is it possible that a third-party company is/was used for these?
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:42 pm

JJW319 wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
The information on the 45 RPM Club was taken almost verbatim from the Ten Club. I'm assuming they worked them and didn't just steal it.

I hope they tweak this as they go as the Ten Club model, especially with ticketing, isn't one to emulate in my opinion.

It's possible a third party stole it from the Ten Club, but the Ten Club is 100% in house for this kind of stuff.

I think it's much more likely Gaslight's management spoke with the Ten Club, asked for their advise, and were given permission to use these policies.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 pm

bakerfall wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
bakerfall wrote:

It's possible a third party stole it from the Ten Club, but the Ten Club is 100% in house for this kind of stuff.

I think it's much more likely Gaslight's management spoke with the Ten Club, asked for their advise, and were given permission to use these policies.

Yeah I remember how Brian mentioned that their fan club would be very similar to what PJ was doing
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm

wonder if there will be fan club vinyl varients
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:46 pm

brucesboots wrote:
wonder if there will be fan club vinyl varients

Given what membership #'s will probably be and costs associated, I think it's safe to say no
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm in. For $25? Hell yeah! I definitely would have paid $50 and might have even paid more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Imagine if one of us has membership #1
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Too bad I can't deposit my paycheck til tomorrow -_-
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Bluuu wrote:
Imagine if one of us has membership #1

Most likely one of us does have it because we found it before gaslight even announced the website and fan club. It would most likely be njguy99 because he was the first person to post on here that he bought it.

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
oh_megan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Down by the Mersey wrote:
Signed up for my first membership since I was in the Dennis the Menace Fan Club as a kid!!

I was in the Dennis the Menace Fan club woo!

& I've joined this obviously Wink)
Back to top Go down
http://ohmeganfallon.tumblr.com
Casey
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:55 pm

1. Yes
2. About $50.
3. It would be cool to have a mod-life type feature ,like what Tom DeLonge does, where they go on webcam every week or so and answer questions/play new riffs, or just mess around and have fun.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Casey wrote:
1. Yes
2. About $50.
3. It would be cool to have a mod-life type feature ,like what Tom DeLonge does, where they go on webcam every week or so and answer questions/play new riffs, or just mess around and have fun.

That would be awesome. I reckon Benny is most likely to do something like that, he seems more into the whole fan relationship thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:04 pm

bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:
Yeah I'm waiting. I haven't had a problem getting tickets and I don't particularly need another shirt right now.

Only problem waiting is they specifically mention a membership number. If Gaslight becomes big enough to routinely play large, seated venues, seniority will matter.

IDK Brian was pretty adiment about no seniority system. I think the number is more like a code. I just hope with this lottery thing that it works out as fairly as possible. If someone gets tickets 3 times in a row and someone else misses out all 3 times just due to a computerized lottery then that'd be terrible. My biggest concern though is where the "seats" will be located and the waiting in line for a good shot. I almost wish this was a post sale rather than a presale for like if you don't get the tickets you want.

Watch us all get tickets in seats for a show and the band be like wtf the pit is so passive & the people in the back are nuts. Wups.

Also did anyone catch the part about it being a place for fans to socialize (the fanclub site). You think they're gonna have a forum like the PJ site does? Can't they just link everybody here?

And I agree about will call being a good thing I just don't wanna end up behind the non fanclub members because of it.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:
Yeah I'm waiting. I haven't had a problem getting tickets and I don't particularly need another shirt right now.

Only problem waiting is they specifically mention a membership number. If Gaslight becomes big enough to routinely play large, seated venues, seniority will matter.

IDK Brian was pretty adiment about no seniority system. I think the number is more like a code. I just hope with this lottery thing that it works out as fairly as possible. If someone gets tickets 3 times in a row and someone else misses out all 3 times just due to a computerized lottery then that'd be terrible. My biggest concern though is where the "seats" will be located and the waiting in line for a good shot. I almost wish this was a post sale rather than a presale for like if you don't get the tickets you want. Watch us all get tickets in seats for a show and the band be like wtf the pit is so passive & the people in the back are nuts. Wups.

Other than RCMH, I can't remember Gaslight headlining at a seated venue. We're a ways off from anything other than GA, so no worries there.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:07 pm

bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:

IDK Brian was pretty adiment about no seniority system. I think the number is more like a code. I just hope with this lottery thing that it works out as fairly as possible. If someone gets tickets 3 times in a row and someone else misses out all 3 times just due to a computerized lottery then that'd be terrible. My biggest concern though is where the "seats" will be located and the waiting in line for a good shot. I almost wish this was a post sale rather than a presale for like if you don't get the tickets you want. Watch us all get tickets in seats for a show and the band be like wtf the pit is so passive & the people in the back are nuts. Wups.

I think the "pick up only" ticket thing is solely to prevent the re-selling of tickets by touts and the like. So as much as it bothers (and worries me) picking up tickets at the venue on the day, I guess it serves a good purpose.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:09 pm

the only problem with picking tix up at the venue , in most cases you cant get to the box office to collect tickets untill the doors open, there goes getting to the front.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:10 pm

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:

I think the "pick up only" ticket thing is solely to prevent the re-selling of tickets by touts and the like. So as much as it bothers (and worries me) picking up tickets at the venue on the day, I guess it serves a good purpose.

But even then, if someone really wants to scalp tickets, they will. Even if it's a completely paperless system. Buy a ticket for yourself, sell the other spot, and choose to either stay for the show or just leave. Making people show up with their +1 doesn't really do anything at all. I don't think there's a way around it, really.

If anything, the 2 ticket requirement encourages this, if someone really has nobody else to go with them.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 pm

brucesboots wrote:
the only problem with picking tix up at the venue , in most cases you cant get to the box office to collect tickets untill the doors open, there goes getting to the front.

That's not true at all, box offices almost always open well before doors. There could also be a fan club pickup window that's even earlier (this is true with the Ten Club)
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:12 pm

brucesboots wrote:

Or in some cases, LONG after doors, if the venue/crew is behind on their crap and they don't have whatever guest list at the box office in time. Not that this is likely to happen, but it has happened to me in the past. I simply wouldn't risk it unless I already planned on showing up late and standing in the back.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:13 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:

But even then, if someone really wants to scalp tickets, they will. Even if it's a completely paperless system. Buy a ticket for yourself, sell the other spot, and choose to either stay for the show or just leave. Making people show up with their +1 doesn't really do anything at all. I don't think there's a way around it, really.

If anything, the 2 ticket requirement encourages this, if someone really has nobody else to go with them.

I doubt many touts would be prepared to go to those lengths. They'd have to pay to sign up to start with...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:13 pm

I edited my post above about seating & will call. I hope they're still gonna do that early access for soundcheck thing.

I hope that they do do that (fanclub will call being earlier).

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:14 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Or in some cases, LONG after doors, if the venue/crew is behind on their crap and they don't have whatever guest list at the box office in time. Not that this is likely to happen, but it has happened to me in the past. I simply wouldn't risk it unless I already planned on showing up late and standing in the back.

I could name a good few venues where you cant get to the box office untill the doors open all be it mainly smaller venues
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:15 pm

bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:

IDK Brian was pretty adiment about no seniority system. I think the number is more like a code. I just hope with this lottery thing that it works out as fairly as possible. If someone gets tickets 3 times in a row and someone else misses out all 3 times just due to a computerized lottery then that'd be terrible. My biggest concern though is where the "seats" will be located and the waiting in line for a good shot. I almost wish this was a post sale rather than a presale for like if you don't get the tickets you want.

Watch us all get tickets in seats for a show and the band be like wtf the pit is so passive & the people in the back are nuts. Wups.

Also did anyone catch the part about it being a place for fans to socialize (the fanclub site). You think they're gonna have a forum like the PJ site does? Can't they just link everybody here?

And I agree about will call being a good thing I just don't wanna end up behind the non fanclub members because of it.

Concerning linking here, not gonna happen. Major Label, label forum.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:17 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
simo wrote:

I doubt many touts would be prepared to go to those lengths. They'd have to pay to sign up to start with...

Right now it probably wouldn't be worth it, but it's a definite possibility if the band gets bigger. What's most likely to happen is it will be people who want to go to the show themselves and sell the other "ticket." The fact is, requiring someone to show up at a venue with whoever their +1 is will NOT eliminate scalping. If there's a profit to be made, nobody cares about whether or not they interact with the buyer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next