A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30
AuthorMessage
LoboJones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:13 pm

subconscious ritual wrote:
blugel wrote:
maybe its more expensive because of a low-production run?
That's probably a factor, and printing color photos can be really expensive, depending on how they did it. I publish books and usually have to price them insanely high (much more than I think they're worth), because of color and low print runs. It probably cost way more than we'd guess for them to have made these.

The paper quality is a step above a a cd booklet. Sounds like we have similar backgrounds in regards to publishing. Its not equivalent stock to an actual "photo book" so I don't think there was an exuberant cost of production on their end as far as the photos...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lobojones.com
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I just got it. I'm debating on opening it. Anyone know who/how to contact about returning it?

I'm on my phone but looking at the email notifying us it shipped there is a customer support page if you want to check it out.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:13 pm

After having almost 24 hours to digest just what $60 plus $8 shipping gets you these days, I've came to this conclusion:

While I am obviously upset with how much I paid, I am not upset with the product itself if I don't think about what I spent for it. The money is already spent, out of my checking account, and I am still able to put food on the table. With that said, I will look at it as about a $40 loss since I consider about $30 for this fair market value. And if I were to sell it or return it, with only 300 produced, I think this might be an item I look at in 5 years and say "damn, I wish I held onto that cool little autographed book". So I'll just suck up that small "loss" now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:56 pm

moreblue wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
anyone got there LP/T shirt bundle yet, got the poster last week ?

Yeah I'm still waiting for the Tshirt and the vinyl to show up but I got the poster last week.

I think I saw that Klown had received his, but the record was beaten up and damaged Sad

I ordered 2 el jefe bundles. I got the oster then two days later the cd and t shirt.I ordered this bundle second of the two.

My vinyl bundle still hasnt arrived at all. Not a good first impression from infinite merch
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:57 pm

I've emailed them 3 times this week about the damaged package I got from them...still no reply. I'm starting to think that SRC use the same computer as them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Klown wrote:
I've emailed them 3 times this week about the damaged package I got from them...still no reply. I'm starting to think that SRC use the same computer as them.

which address did you use? I received prompt replies from customerservice@infinitemerch.com
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 pm

subconscious ritual wrote:
blugel wrote:
maybe its more expensive because of a low-production run?
That's probably a factor, and printing color photos can be really expensive, depending on how they did it. I publish books and usually have to price them insanely high (much more than I think they're worth), because of color and low print runs. It probably cost way more than we'd guess for them to have made these.

It was probably Danny Clinch's fee ... he is so full of himself I am sure he charges a lot.

I received mine today. I like it and I have no intentions to return but I agree that $60 plus shipping feels high for what it is.
I had also purchased the CD separately so I'll just keep the one that came with the book in the back of the book.
Back to top Go down
LoboJones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:46 am

"It was probably Danny Clinch's fee ... he is so full of himself I am sure he charges a lot."

Danny Clinch is actually a really sweet dude. I went to one of his gallery shows back in the day and the guy talked to me about photography for 20mins giving me advice on the business and my own work. He gave me his email and said to send my portfolio to him for review. Got back to me the same day with even more insight. Seems to be a very cool very talented guy, at least from my experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lobojones.com
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:07 am

I got my super deluxe edition today and I'm happy with it. Was it overpriced? Absolutely. But if I hadn't gotten it, I would have regretted it because with the autographed version being limited to only 300, it's going to be virtually impossible to get later on. The book is cool. The photos are really neat and I like having all the lyrics written out like that. It's a special piece of Gaslight merch and I won't have any buyer's remorse over it, even though I think it should have been half the price.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's weird that the CD is just in a pocket in the book and not in a case or a digipak?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:19 am

Okay, so I'm thinking I should just accept the essentially $40 dollar loss and open it? Yeah, I guess I will.

EDIT: Apparently there are no refunds. All sales are final. Guess I'm keeping it.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:39 am

Couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 am

finally heard back from topspin-- all sales are final.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Got my super delux copy today (thanks Eamonn) , to be honest im happy with it. Bit over priced but then again these things are . I think it looks far more classy than the UK box. As i bought the regular delux cd this one can stay in the book .
Its nice being signed but autographs mean way more when you get them signed for yourself. Just waiting on the Euro LP now, come on Banquet dont let us down.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:07 am

Ive just received my El Jefe bundle from Infinite Merch. Gotta say though Im not happy that for a vinyl and a t shirt I have to pay £11.20 to even get it into the country. Ive had bigger more expensive things from America before and not had to pay import fees. Chuffed with the Mae poster though and the T shirt is ok....
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:49 am

got my CD + T-shirt packet today... finally Evil or Very Mad

€ 8,90 import fees... why??!

but hearing the songs in "super deluxe" audio quality i gotta say they've grown on me by only one listen cheers

also nice artwork on the shirt - if only the 45rpm club-shirt was like this bounce
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:20 am

Japanese cd with obi up on ebay at mo , if anyones interested.
Back to top Go down
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
also nice artwork on the shirt - if only the 45rpm club-shirt was like this bounce
The t-shirt quality really sucks though.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 am

Hirti wrote:
Hanswurst wrote:
The t-shirt quality really sucks though.
Terrible quality tshirt I thought.
My super deluxe book arrived this morning, really nice product, is it a bit over-priced? Sure, but I would only regret not getting it down the line, so I will live with something that could have been a little bit cheaper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Want to know what a great photo book looks like and how to price it?

From Backstreets.com:

"HarperCollins is also producing a larger version of [Eric Meola's 128 page] Streets of Fire in a limited [to 1,000] edition: a 12" x 12" hardcover, signed by Meola, housed -- along with a photographic print, also signed by Meola -- in a foil-stamped box. Limited "collector" editions like this often sell for well into triple-digits; they're keeping this one more reasonable, at $60 (double the price of the standard hardcover)."

Book info at: www.harpercollins.com/books/Streets-of-Fire-Eric-Meola?isbn=9780062133458&HCHP=TB_Streets+of+Fire

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:18 pm

The regular edition is on Amazon for less than $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062133454?ie=UTF8%20&tag=harpercollinsus-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0062133454
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   

Back to top Go down

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 30 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30