A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Koens
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:25 am

El Jefe mentioned the number on his facebook, but it isn't clear if he is talking about the amount of blue vinyl being pressed, or or how many of those bundles are being made (it could be the poster is limited to 200, and not the vinyl).
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:26 am

Koens wrote:
El Jefe mentioned the number on his facebook, but it isn't clear if he is talking about the amount of blue vinyl being pressed, or or how many of those bundles are being made (it could be the poster is limited to 200, and not the vinyl).

it was clear the blue vinyl was ltd to 200, the poster and t shirt is also in the cd bundle. You would hope it would be first come first served but im not 100% sure that will happen, i ordered the cd package for my wife and the LP package for myself and got order numbers in the 170s and 180s so would say that order numbers on bundles were combined, so anyone in the 300s I would still think will be ok for the blue (fingers crossed).
If not it will be gud old ebay again.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:52 am

[quote="brucesboots"]
Koens wrote:

it was clear the blue vinyl was ltd to 200,

Steve, where did you hear that? The only mention I've seen of 200 was El Jefe's facebook post saying: "This happened and it will only happen for 200 people (as of now). The colored vinyl pre-order with a poster and shirt. I hope I get one." That statement is ambiguous at best as to whether the blue vinyl (as opposed to the entire bundle) will be limited to 200. El Jefe also mentioned that details were being worked out so that the vinyl allotment could be split between the website and retail stores. That all tells me that the blue vinyl is actually unlikely to be limited to 200.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:08 pm

[quote="Shrewsbury_Stars"]
brucesboots wrote:
Koens wrote:

it was clear the blue vinyl was ltd to 200,

Steve, where did you hear that? The only mention I've seen of 200 was El Jefe's facebook post saying: "This happened and it will only happen for 200 people (as of now). The colored vinyl pre-order with a poster and shirt. I hope I get one." That statement is ambiguous at best as to whether the blue vinyl (as opposed to the entire bundle) will be limited to 200. El Jefe also mentioned that details were being worked out so that the vinyl allotment could be split between the website and retail stores. That all tells me that the blue vinyl is actually unlikely to be limited to 200.

i guess i read it differently, this will happen for 200 people as of now bit. the hope I get one bit aswell. What is interesting is shopradio are still not saying anything about colours, I think there is a lot of pre-guess work going on by the way things happened in the past.
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:26 pm

It's unfortunate that El Jefe is the one reporting the #'s on this stuff anyway. Don't get me wrong, we all appreciate El Jefe's updates, but it seems to have only added to the confusion about the vinyl. I'm not trying to criticize El Jefe, as my dissatisfaction is with the label and band for the lack of communication/release of information. If the vinyl bundle is being sold, why can't they post a simple comment about the pressing #'s? Moreso, if there's known confusion about it, why not clear it up with a simple post? I don't know about you guys, but I already miss the Sideonedummy days, especially the options of having 4 vinyl varients (splatter included) for a TGA album release (like AS did). I know it's merely a fans perspective, but I guess I haven't witnessed the positives since the move to Mercury.

Regardless, hopefully we soon get some info. about the vinyl. I'd like to know if there's several variants for the first pressing (like AS had), how many blue were pressed, if there will be anymore bundles, etc.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:21 am

holdsteady82 wrote:
It's unfortunate that El Jefe is the one reporting the #'s on this stuff anyway. Don't get me wrong, we all appreciate El Jefe's updates, but it seems to have only added to the confusion about the vinyl. I'm not trying to criticize El Jefe, as my dissatisfaction is with the label and band for the lack of communication/release of information. If the vinyl bundle is being sold, why can't they post a simple comment about the pressing #'s? Moreso, if there's known confusion about it, why not clear it up with a simple post? I don't know about you guys, but I already miss the Sideonedummy days, especially the options of having 4 vinyl varients (splatter included) for a TGA album release (like AS did). I know it's merely a fans perspective, but I guess I haven't witnessed the positives since the move to Mercury.

Regardless, hopefully we soon get some info. about the vinyl. I'd like to know if there's several variants for the first pressing (like AS had), how many blue were pressed, if there will be anymore bundles, etc.

isnt the El Jefe bundle pretty much what we got with THC bundle (without the single), nothing has been said yet if there will be a European varient, Banquets one says import.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:29 am

holdsteady82 wrote:

I think the biggest positives we're seeing are radio airplay, more promotion with weight behind it. It appears two singles before the record even comes out (with the filming of the "Handwritten" music video to be coming up in a week).... The positives are increased exposure of the band, which means the band has a greater chance to attract more fans...

The negative is that because there are so many other artists for the label to concentrate on, we as fans, do not get the same attention and quick responses to all of our queries like we did with S1D....

It may have been easier to be a hardcore Gaslight fan with S1D, but I think they've got a better shot at truly making it with Mercury...
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:06 am

Just asked the guys at infintemerch if there is any more bundles/album merch expected to come. That's what they told me:

Quote :

These are generally going to be all that we will offer. If you want the
color vinyl from the first pressing you better order quickly. There's not
that many left.
Might be interesting for some of us that haven't ordered anything so far.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:09 am

holdsteady82 wrote:
I already miss the Sideonedummy days, especially the options of having 4 vinyl varients (splatter included) for a TGA album release (like AS did).

I'm pleased I have all the AS colours, as that was really great release at just 500 each (EU 1,000), and as the colours were so well chosen to go with the artwork. I don't think we'll see the like again from Mercury.

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:39 am

I think I might just order the Import Banquet are getting in, and probably the duluxe CD. Will hold out a bit longer though in the hope of some more concrete information.
Back to top Go down
oh_megan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:51 am

I got order #185 from infinite for the vinyl bundle but I'm pretty sure those numbers don't mean a hell of a lot. I'm pretty excited about the signed handwritten tbh. Will it be the whole bans signatures ect? I don't know how that can even work considering there will be a hell of a lot to sign...
Back to top Go down
http://ohmeganfallon.tumblr.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:26 am

oh_megan wrote:
I got order #185 from infinite for the vinyl bundle but I'm pretty sure those numbers don't mean a hell of a lot. I'm pretty excited about the signed handwritten tbh. Will it be the whole bans signatures ect? I don't know how that can even work considering there will be a hell of a lot to sign...

HMV had a stall at Hammersmith in 2010 selling all-band-signed CDs and vinyl of American Slang and they had quite a lot, so it can be done. Some books are published in special signed editions of up to 1,000 copies.

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 am

The Play.com pre-order of the deluxe says 'Play.com exclusive signed copies'. I doubt these are individually hand signed do you reckon they will just have printed their signatures on to these copies?
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:49 am

steady now steady now wrote:
holdsteady82 wrote:
I already miss the Sideonedummy days, especially the options of having 4 vinyl varients (splatter included) for a TGA album release (like AS did).

I'm pleased I have all the AS colours, as that was really great release at just 500 each (EU 1,000), and as the colours were so well chosen to go with the artwork. I don't think we'll see the like again from Mercury.

I don't understand why a major label couldn't just as easy press varients. I would think it would only benefit sales, which we all know is the only damn thing a major label is concerned with. For example, just as "steady now" said above, I personally bought 5 copies of American Slang (solely for the vinyl varients); however, for "Handwritten" it appears that I will only be puchasing one copy. I don't know about you but my logic says that is a loss for the label, band, and myself. It's not like the varients wouldn't get purchased. Hell, even if a label is not going to press mutliple varients, most majors will at least do a standard black vinyl for an album release and what I don't understand is, if you're already going to do at least one vinyl option, why not just avoid the standard black and go with a cool color or splatter option that correlates with the album cover. I'm just not a fan of major labels at all, everything is about numbers, not quality, and I don't respect that.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:21 am

Christophe wrote:
The Play.com pre-order of the deluxe says 'Play.com exclusive signed copies'. I doubt these are individually hand signed do you reckon they will just have printed their signatures on to these copies?

I think they'll be hand signed, would be interesting to know (I'm really interested in those too)....eventhough it is quite weird that they are still available, I mean Gaslight won't have signed a 3000 cds or so....

Somebody here wrote that he/she has ordered a Frank Turner exclusive signed copy from Play.com some time ago..how was it there?
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:50 pm

So, I've ordered the deluxe edition, but does anybody know if any of the cd/shirt/vinyl/poster bundles are on a european site? I not in a position to order a massive postage cost bundle form the USA...
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:32 am

The Boxer wrote:
So, I've ordered the deluxe edition, but does anybody know if any of the cd/shirt/vinyl/poster bundles are on a european site? I not in a position to order a massive postage cost bundle form the USA...

not as yet , and doubt there will be.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:43 am

I didn't think postage was all that bad to be honest, considering it will be at least 2 different packages, then it seems fair enough really. I can't see if there was ever a UK/Euro offer (which I can't see to be honest) that it would work out much cheaper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:28 am

Klown wrote:
I didn't think postage was all that bad to be honest, considering it will be at least 2 different packages, then it seems fair enough really. I can't see if there was ever a UK/Euro offer (which I can't see to be honest) that it would work out much cheaper.

if you think back postage on past offers with S1D which inc a poster was the same.
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 am

Update On The Gaslight Anthem Vinyl Preorders
Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/13/12)
After posting about some vinyl preorders for The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten and discovering a boatload of confusion about the preorder situation, I reached out to Infinite Merch to get some clarification. After I ordered the El Jefe preorder with the blue vinyl advertised (they note that they can't guarantee what color you'll get), they informed me that "The blue was put up because we were informed that the first pressing will be blue. That doesn't mean that our allotment in the second pressing won't be a color." They also confirmed that this is the official preorder from the band.

From Infinite Merch This is an official pre-order. We are representing The Gaslight Anthem as their official store. The click through from the band's webpage and Facebook page hasn't changed yet, but Infinite Merch is absolutely official.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2786292
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:29 pm

I wonder if the Vinyl will arrive with download codes or if they make you buy the cd or i tunes version too. Time will tell
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
I wonder if the Vinyl will arrive with download codes or if they make you buy the cd or i tunes version too. Time will tell

My guess is that there will be no download card since "45" didn't come with one. Sad
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:20 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

My guess is that there will be no download card since "45" didn't come with one. Sad

Yeah mercury will most likely milk all the money they can Sad

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 pm

blue vinyl up on interpunk now
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:51 pm

brucesboots wrote:
blue vinyl up on interpunk now

Thanks for the heads up. Not too surprised to see this available outside of the bundle and am glad I held off on ordering that.

It sure would be nice to know if the blue is actually going to be limited or if it's the entire first pressing as mentioned before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   

Back to top Go down

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next