A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
59chevy396
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-01-27
Location : Perth, Western Australia

PostSubject: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Sat May 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi there guys, I don't usually post here but I thought I'd share with you a band from New Zealand (now residing in Australia). Called King Cannons, I'd like to think they will make it big. They have an album due to be released next month. Until then have a go at this track, Take The Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPSeJc6IUw

Other good tunes are Teenage Dreams, Stand Right Up. All available on YouTube I'm sure!
Let me know, these guys are quite small so they'd love support!
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Yeah New Zealand Represent!

Can't believe I didn't know about these guys, I'm not a huge punk fan, but these gusy are incredible. If Gaslight ever come to Un-Zud, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys were opening. Very similar sounding to The Clash.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:28 am

Listening to King Cannon's debut album. This is the best fucking thing to happen to punk music since The Gaslight Anthem. The perfect balance between Joe Strummer and Bruce Springsteen but with a much more "Fuck You" attitude that Gaslight are too nice good boys to ever deliver.

PLEASE WHOEVER READS THIS CHECK IT OUT, IT IS EVERYTHING YOU LOVE ABOUT THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM FROM THE RESPECTABLE FRONTMAN TO THE COMPLETE VARIATION FROM WHATEVER ELSE IS HAPPENING IN MUSIC RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Stream it here: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/music/news/article.cfm?c_id=264&objectid=10812666&ref=masthead
Back to top Go down
59chevy396
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-01-27
Location : Perth, Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:43 am

Glad you like it mate. Super excited to see them on tour next month!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:03 pm

oh man !! they are sooooooo good cheers

"Too Young" is on rotation in my head since i heard it the first time Clap
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:30 pm

God I hope they come to the US soon. They need to open for a band like TGA or Against Me! They'd be huge over here I think.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 pm

europe they should come again now i know them afro

hell ya, for me they sound like a rockabilly mixture of lucero, springsteen and - of course - TGA .

so opening for one of these groups would fit perfectly Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
europe they should come again now i know them afro

hell ya, for me they sound like a rockabilly mixture of lucero, springsteen and - of course - TGA .

so opening for one of these groups would fit perfectly Laughing

Yeah I could definitely see them taking off in Europe, particularly in places like Germany that are quite accepting of even the most quirky punk bands. Luke Yeoward, the singer, seems like such a cool down to earth guy is well which is half the appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Listened to the album about 10 times in the last 24 hours and I genuinely think this is how Gaslight will sound in 10 years time. Much more rock influenced and more complex muscicianship.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:25 pm

hmm i had a listen on the album at the itunes preview and was a bit disappointed Crying or Very sad

beside their older songs i miss a good chorus - but that's what i say by hearing only 1 minute of each song, i haven't heard the whole album yet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
hmm i had a listen on the album at the itunes preview and was a bit disappointed Crying or Very sad

beside their older songs i miss a good chorus - but that's what i say by hearing only 1 minute of each song, i haven't heard the whole album yet Very Happy

are you not able to stream it here? http://www.nzherald.co.nz/music/news/article.cfm?c_id=264&objectid=10812666&ref=masthead
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm

ehhm .. HA! cool Very Happy haven't found this stream Embarassed

special thanks,
so i'll judge again after hearing the complete album king
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:08 pm

btw:
you're one of the youngest TGA fans, aren't you? scratch Clap
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
btw:
you're one of the youngest TGA fans, aren't you? scratch Clap

Nah that role belongs to my brother who is 12, but I've been listening to them since I was about 10 or 11. I'd like to think I'm the youngest regular user on here.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 pm

hey there this goes to everyone Smile

does someone have tabs/chords for one or more songs of king cannons or is anybody able to write them down by hearing ?

this would be awesome Very Happy affraid

@The Angry Johnny Revue
fuckin love the album cheers
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
hey there this goes to everyone Smile

does someone have tabs/chords for one or more songs of king cannons or is anybody able to write them down by hearing ?

this would be awesome Very Happy affraid

@The Angry Johnny Revue
fuckin love the album cheers

What's your favourite song, mien is Everyman's Tale.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 pm

nah, i'm more of the hymn-boy, so "too young" and "teenage dreams" do it for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Albums officially out today in Oceania and Europe. Those of you in other areas I urge you to stop at nothing to find some other way off listening to this incredible album.
Back to top Go down
xpell_013
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 pm

I wouldn't believe all the 'working class' hype that surrounds this band.

They screwed over a number of bands, promoters and fans in their early days when they moved to Australia. It's a shame that I've come across so many stories about these guys and have seen a few things for myself including breaking promises and things to do with money and so on.

I've even heard from people back in New Zealand before the band was formed about the singer and how he treated other people with his previous bands. It sucks cause when the KC first started they were raw and exciting but now they've watered their sound down to be more accessible and have suddenly appeared in leather jacks and quiffs trying to be the next chuck berry meets springsteen. Of course the whole band isn't at fault, it's more their leader and some other members.

It sucks as you won't find to many people from the early days who will be into them anymore and they've turned their back on the acts they came up with as it may seem that getting bigger and more famous has been their prime agenda and having cool video clips instead of integrity.

As for their music now, it's fine if you want some middle of the road radio rock that is for people who like the idea of classic rock and reggae but don't actually listen to rock and reggae.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 pm

xpell_013 wrote:
I wouldn't believe all the 'working class' hype that surrounds this band.

They screwed over a number of bands, promoters and fans in their early days when they moved to Australia. It's a shame that I've come across so many stories about these guys and have seen a few things for myself including breaking promises and things to do with money and so on.

I've even heard from people back in New Zealand before the band was formed about the singer and how he treated other people with his previous bands. It sucks cause when the KC first started they were raw and exciting but now they've watered their sound down to be more accessible and have suddenly appeared in leather jacks and quiffs trying to be the next chuck berry meets springsteen. Of course the whole band isn't at fault, it's more their leader and some other members.

It sucks as you won't find to many people from the early days who will be into them anymore and they've turned their back on the acts they came up with as it may seem that getting bigger and more famous has been their prime agenda and having cool video clips instead of integrity.

As for their music now, it's fine if you want some middle of the road radio rock that is for people who like the idea of classic rock and reggae but don't actually listen to rock and reggae.

Can you expand on this, what stories do you know? I'm intrigued because I don't think I've fallen for a band so much since I discovered Gaslight themselves.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 pm

New King Cannon's single "The Brightest Light"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AszgXV_YvvE&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:46 am

They announced their break-up today Sad

hits me hard because i have had the 'greatest' expectations for these guys!

"The Brightest Light" was one of the best records in 2012!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 463
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Swansea,Wales

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:00 am

Shocked & Gutted, The Brightest Light was a fantastic record and was waiting for these to get really big Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Rock bus
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 99
Join date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Agreed, only just got in to these this summer, gutted!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:27 pm

So this is the new Single by "The Spirit" - the new project of king cannons singer (and the keyboarder is the same i believe)



kinda boring in my opinion, but former punkrocker going folk(pop)-singer seems to be the way to go nowadays, eh?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie   

Back to top Go down
 
King Cannons - New Zealand/Aussie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Live near King of Prussia, PA and looking to donate milk
» Aussie Open Wetting 2 and 3
» Milk to donate in the king of prussia area
» Ashya King
» Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: