A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
When I have to be at work really early, I usually get up between 4:30-4:45. Normal days I get up around 5:30. Thank goodness I don't need much sleep!

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Laundry is no fun though. I wash the kids' clothes on Mondays and Fridays and folding all of those tiny clothes takes forever. Rolling Eyes

When the kids are in school, I should spend all my time writing. And on good days I do, but lately I've been really lazy and have just been watching TV too much or spending a ridiculous amount of time online. Life has been really stressful and that makes it hard for me to focus on writing. It's getting better though.
Damn. I could never do that. My earliest class is 10.30 and just because it's my earliest class it just seems so early, haha.

Yep I remember having to help out with laundry before my parents got divorced. Socks everywhere.

I know that feeling! But sometimes a little bit of relaxation can be good. When you find that spark again it'll seem all the better.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:15 am

Klown wrote:
When I went to LA, it was 290 direct from Dublin to LA. That's crazy Sad

Is that around $450? I don't know exactly what the exchange rate is. What's crazy is that, after doing a quick search, the cheapest flight travelocity.com has from here to LAX is $485 for travel next month. I guess I won't be going to CA this year! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 am

Klown wrote:

Is that around $450? I don't know exactly what the exchange rate is. What's crazy is that, after doing a quick search, the cheapest flight travelocity.com has from here to LAX is $485 for travel next month. I guess I won't be going to CA this year! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

That sounds about right, crazy, isn't it!? Pricing flights for next year, works out about $750, which I guess after 8 years of flight price rises, isn't the worst in the world, as my flights to Gaslight in London works out about $150, for a 50 minute flight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:17 am

You guys make me want to travel.

I need a job.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:18 am

Harbortown wrote:
When I have to be at work really early, I usually get up between 4:30-4:45. Normal days I get up around 5:30. Thank goodness I don't need much sleep!

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Laundry is no fun though. I wash the kids' clothes on Mondays and Fridays and folding all of those tiny clothes takes forever. Rolling Eyes

When the kids are in school, I should spend all my time writing. And on good days I do, but lately I've been really lazy and have just been watching TV too much or spending a ridiculous amount of time online. Life has been really stressful and that makes it hard for me to focus on writing. It's getting better though.
Damn. I could never do that. My earliest class is 10.30 and just because it's my earliest class it just seems so early, haha.

Yep I remember having to help out with laundry before my parents got divorced. Socks everywhere.

I know that feeling! But sometimes a little bit of relaxation can be good. When you find that spark again it'll seem all the better.

Yeah, I'm getting back into the swing of things with my writing. I have been working on some poetry and am sending out letters to agents again for my first novel, so at least I'm trying to be productive.

I can't imagine not having a class until 10:30! I always had an 8:00 a.m. class when I was in college, and tried to have my classes finished by noon so I could work in the afternoons. The worst is when I had to take classes at night. I hated that! Mad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:26 am

Klown wrote:
Klown wrote:

That sounds about right, crazy, isn't it!? Pricing flights for next year, works out about $750, which I guess after 8 years of flight price rises, isn't the worst in the world, as my flights to Gaslight in London works out about $150, for a 50 minute flight.

$150 I could deal with! You're lucky that those flights are so reasonable. But $750 - YIKES! I'm sure it will be worth it, but that's mucho dinero!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 am

The joys of transatlantic flights. But it's worth it, for Amoeba Records alone. Ohhh boy, I spent so much money in that place, and so much time.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:30 am

Klown wrote:
The joys of transatlantic flights. But it's worth it, for Amoeba Records alone. Ohhh boy, I spent so much money in that place, and so much time.

Was that store in Orlando? I have been buying so many records lately, I need to cut back a little! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:32 am

loazis wrote:

I need a job.

What kind of work do you do? I want to travel too! I never go anywhere. Oh, the joys of a demanding job and very little money. Rolling Eyes It's okay though, I will travel vicariously through the rest of you for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 am

How awesome is this poster? Going to try and get it Very Happy

As for Amoeba, they have a few stores in the California area, the one I spent forever at, was just off Hollywood Blvd. My idea of heaven.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:35 am

Oh, okay, I was thinking you were talking about when you were in Orlando. If I went there, I would probably have to mail the records to myself because I would buy too many to fit in my suitcase. #shopaholic

I love that poster! My mom was just telling me about some Toy Story stuff she got for my nephew and now I want to watch the movie. Aww... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:39 am

I wanted to spend so much money in Park Avenue Records in Orlando, awesome store and awesome staff, plus the site of that Gaslight gig (did I post the photo of the autographs they left behind?) We were worried about the weight in our suitcases after visiting there Laughing

I love the Toy Story films so much, I was near in tears during 2 scenes at the end of the third one. Beautiful end to the first 3 films. Looking forward to the new ones.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:41 am

Hmm...I'm not sure if you posted the photos before or not. That's so cool that they left autographs behind!

I haven't seen the first Toy Story in a few years and I have only seen 2 and 3 once. I need to watch them all again! Maybe have a marathon and watch them all in a row. That would be fun!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:44 am

I'm thinking I might watch the Toy Story movies tonight...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:49 am

That looks familiar, so I bet you did post it before. Thanks for doing it again though. SO AWESOME! Cool

My nieces and nephew are coming over on Saturday, and I think we might have to watch Toy Story while they are here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 am

No probs, I have a picture of the one Chuck did as well Laughing (ahhhh that man haha)

Can't really go too wrong with any of the Pixar movies, it's fair to say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:53 am

loazis wrote:

I need a job.

What kind of work do you do? I want to travel too! I never go anywhere. Oh, the joys of a demanding job and very little money. Rolling Eyes It's okay though, I will travel vicariously through the rest of you for a little while.
I don't have a job at the moment. I know someone who can get me some translation/transcription work (English <--> Dutch) so I really need to get on that asap.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:54 am

I was working at the Disney Store when Monsters Inc. came out, so that's the Pixar movie that tends to stand out the most in my mind. All Disney employees got vouchers to see the movie for free too, so that was pretty cool.

I want to go to that record store!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 11:56 am

loazis wrote:
loazis wrote:

I need a job.

I don't have a job at the moment. I know someone who can get me some translation/transcription work (English <--> Dutch) so I really need to get on that asap.

That sounds like a great job! I think that Plugga does translation stuff too from Italian to English. I wish I knew another language well enough to be able to do that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Hey Shannon, I had a burrito last night!! I went to work craving one after the burrito conversation, and then I found out they were on sale last night at my store so I got one for ONLY A DOLLAR. cheers
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 12:07 pm

No fair! I want a burrito! And only a dollar?! There was no way you could pass that up.

Right now my dog is giving me the evil eye and talking to me. He has been crazy for the last couple of days, just really hyper and goofy. But...this morning he caught a rabbit in the backyard. Thank goodness my dad was in the garage and Scooby brought it to him and didn't try to bring it in the house! pale No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Awww, poor bunny. Sad

Haha, Scooby sounds so goofy! I went to my brother's house the other day and his dog Punky was galloping around like a crazy puppy even though she's an old lady now, and "talking" a ton. Dogs are so wonderful!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 pm

They are, aren't they? I love dogs, especially the goofy ones. You know the Aflac duck on the commercials? Well, Scooby has official Aflac stuffed animals (my mom got one free from a rep at work and gave it to Scooby) that he LOVES. After he eats dinner, he grabs one and runs around the house with it, but if you make eye contact or talk to him, he'll drop the duck and leave the room. He's so weird!

Aw, Punky is a great name! It reminds me of Punky Brewster. Smile How old is she? Scooby is technically an old man, he turned 12 last week, but he still acts like a two year old and hasn't slowed down or mellowed out AT ALL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Haha! Weird dogs are the best! Punky has this weird thing where she won't eat her food unless she's excited. My brother pours it in her dish and she won't eat it unless he messes with her a bit and throws a toy around for her or something.

Punky just turned 13 a few weeks ago, so almost the same age as Scooby! She's slowed down a little bit just in these past couple months and started looking older, but for the most part she's still her happy go lucky self!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu May 10, 2012 12:31 pm

That's great! I'm glad Punky is still spunky. Wink Scooby, being the giant spoiled baby that he is, won't eat his dog food unless someone puts people food on top of it. I did not start this bad behavior!

I think for the Twitter Q&A I'm going to go ahead and ask Brian what his favorite song on Handwritten is. If he doesn't answer it, oh well, but if he does that would be really cool. I think an artist's opinion of their own work is always interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next