A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anders Osborne

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thebar1963
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Anders Osborne   Tue May 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Anyone see similarities between Brian's and Anders' writing style?
If you haven't heard of Anders Osborne give him a google search and check out reviews of Black Eye Galaxy. A very interesting life.
http://blindedbysound.com/post/viewPost/review_anders_osborne_-_black_eye_galaxy/265d3ea0293fd6469d449e223c9455b0
they even sport similar anchor tattoos
http://somethingelsereviews.com/2012/05/04/anders-osbourne-black-eye-galaxy-2012/
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Anders Osborne   Thu May 10, 2012 11:39 pm

I"ve never listened to any of Anders' records but I saw him live last year at a blues fest and he was very good. I never thought of Brian/TGA though during the set...
Back to top Go down
thebar1963
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anders Osborne   Fri May 11, 2012 11:02 am

I was thinking more in terms of lyrics covering real life experiences. AO really wears his heart on his sleeves (or jeans) when singing about his struggles with addiction. I'd recommend giving a listen to his American Patchwork album, or better yet, just "When Will I See You Again," from his latest CD.

I've never seen him live, but I heard he puts on a good show. Many critics claim he deserves more recognition. I could picture AO and BF having a long conversation over coffees.

"One Step At A Time" is another good song he did with Mike Zito - YouTube it - it's a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anders Osborne   

Back to top Go down

Anders Osborne
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1