A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bruce Springsteen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:12 am

Strength is vanity and time is illusion
I feel you breathing, the rest is confusion
Your skin touches mine, what else to explain
I am the hunter of invisible game

This line is unbelievable. Album might've been worth it just for Hunter of Invisible Game.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:22 am

The_River wrote:
You guys get what I mean anyway. We all tend to agree.

Ehhh not really. Bruce has never really been all that guitar-driven, Darkness excluded. He's always been about that rock and roll orchestra sound. And now that I've listened to High Hopes there's actually a lot of electric guitar on there. I don't think a change in producers will suddenly make Bruce want more guitars on his records. Just my two cents' worth.

As far as the album, it's alright. Tom Morello sure does not know when to stop playing. The songs are a mixed bag. The whole thing's weird and I don't know how to feel, really.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:54 am

Jack wrote:
The_River wrote:
You guys get what I mean anyway. We all tend to agree.

Ehhh not really. Bruce has never really been all that guitar-driven, Darkness excluded. He's always been about that rock and roll orchestra sound. And now that I've listened to High Hopes there's actually a lot of electric guitar on there. I don't think a change in producers will suddenly make Bruce want more guitars on his records. Just my two cents' worth.

As far as the album, it's alright. Tom Morello sure does not know when to stop playing. The songs are a mixed bag. The whole thing's weird and I don't know how to feel, really.

Yeah I got the sense that morello is just jerking off on guitar the first time i listened to it. I notice it less and less with repeated plays
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:41 am

Bruce Springsteen ..Let the CD die a quick death

http://www.thestreet.mobi/story/12241767/1/bruce-springsteen-let-the-cd-die-already.html
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:57 pm

I kinda like the new  record. It's not a masterpiece, not even close (and I'm not a nostalgic since I think Magic it's in his top three), but I enjoy listening to it, which is the main thing in the end for me."The wall" is a clear highlight,Frankie and Hunter two really nice pieces and I've Always liked "Just like fire would" so I'm glad he picked it.
Morello doesn't add much but doesn't bother me neither, fits on the titletrack and on Joad (except for the weak vocals).
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:03 am

New record has had a fair bit of criticism from what Ive seen. I think its actually quite good. Not as good as Wrecking Ball but I still think its worthy of priase. There are a couple of tracks that will end up as skippers but stand outs to me so far are Just like Fire would, Heavens Wall, Frankie fell in love is a fun song and The Wall is hauntingly beautiful. It kinda reminds me of the songs 'Wild Mountain Thyme' and 'Shenandoah'. American Skin is a solid recording but perhaps is a little too drawn out and I enjoy the new version of Tom Joad, I only wish Bruce had sung it all as I don't care for Morello's voice and I think Bruce does a great job during his parts. As for skipper tracks Dream Baby Dream is nice but a little repetitive and I think High Hopes will grow on me once I see it live.

One question I have is... Apart from the Morello tracks, when were the other 5 recorded? Bruces voice sounds younger on some tracks but it could be the production. I know some of these songs have been around since the 90's so its feasible that the odd one may have been recorded back then.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:50 am

I think in general High Hopes is okay, by no means one of his best albums. I like American Skin, Just Like Fire Would, This Is Your Sword and The Wall. I think the rest are a bit average.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:

One question I have is... Apart from the Morello tracks, when were the other 5 recorded? Bruces voice sounds younger on some tracks but it could be the production. I know some of these songs have been around since the 90's so its feasible that the odd one may have been recorded back then.
As you said some of them were written some years ago, but most of the track were recorded between 2003 and 2013.Some were already recorded and then Morello played on the final tracks.
-Hunter, The wall and Dream baby dream don't have a clear recording date.
-Harry's place,Heaven's wall (morello played on both later) and Down in the hole are from The Rising sessions.
-High hopes , Tom Joad,This is your sworld, Just like fire would are new (around the Australian tour)
-Frankie and American Skin were around 2012, when Clarence was still alive.

On the outtake's side:
Rising outtakes:Harry's place,Down in the hole and probably The wall
Magic outtakes: Frankie(not recorded 'till later), Heaven's wall( even if was recorded during Rising era was meant to be on another record from the beginning), Hunter

Hope I cleared a bit, it's all taken from different interviews from Bruce somebody put togheter on backstreets.com
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:51 pm

kappanera wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

As you said some of them were written some years ago, but most of the track were recorded between 2003 and 2013.Some were already recorded and then Morello played on the final tracks.
-Harry's place,Heaven's wall (morello played on both later) and Down in the hole are from The Rising sessions.
-High hopes , Tom Joad,This is your sworld, Just like fire would are new (around the Australian tour)

On the outtake's side:
Magic outtakes: Frankie(not recorded 'till later), Heaven's wall( even if was recorded during Rising era was meant to be on another record from the beginning), Hunter

Hope I cleared a bit, it's all taken from different interviews from Bruce somebody put togheter on backstreets.com

i'm pretty sure The Wall is at least partly from a late 90's session.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:07 am

kappanera wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

On the outtake's side:

Fantastic info. Cheers for clearing up my uncertainty :-)
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:57 pm

I AM GOING TO SEE BRUCE AGAIN IN PITTSBURGH!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 pm

damn you, jimmy. damn you
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Ugh, Bruce, why couldn't you wait like one more month to announce dates and put tickets onsale? I have no money! Guess I'm dipping into savings for this one. Although I guess I'm lucky he's coming to CT. What a weird set of tour dates.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:33 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Ugh, Bruce, why couldn't you wait like one more month to announce dates and put tickets onsale? I have no money! Guess I'm dipping into savings for this one. Although I guess I'm lucky he's coming to CT. What a weird set of tour dates.  

Seriously. You'd think that, since it's Bruce Springsteen and all, he'd have the pull to get some dates that run straight down the coast rather than pinball around like that to the same locations. OH to VA back to OH, then later, NC to PA to NC, from TX to NY, back down to PA, back up to CT...Jesus Christ.

On a side note, IS YOUR PROFILE PICTURE OF YOU AND CHRIS TITUS?? fuhhhh. One of the funniest men alive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:22 pm

jzancan wrote:

Seriously.  You'd think that, since it's Bruce Springsteen and all, he'd have the pull to get some dates that run straight down the coast rather than pinball around like that to the same locations.  OH to VA back to OH, then later, NC to PA to NC, from TX to NY, back down to PA, back up to CT...Jesus Christ.

On a side note, IS YOUR PROFILE PICTURE OF YOU AND CHRIS TITUS?? fuhhhh.  One of the funniest men alive.

Yeah it's weird. I think he was talking about getting back to places he hasn't been in awhile like Texas so this might just be him hitting a few strange places first before a big US tour. Although I think he's only ever skipped CT like once so I don't know about that one. But again, not gonna question it because it works for me  cheers 

And hell yeah that's Titus! I've been lucky enough to meet him twice now and actually, the first time we talked about Bruce! I bought the box set of all his specials and he signed it "Bruuuuuuce!" If you haven't seen his latest special (not the one he's currently on tour with, although that one's great too) then you should, mainly for the Springsteen joke at the end. That part is basically the entire last 40 minutes of the show and it's hilarious.

Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:58 am

jzancan wrote:

Seriously.  You'd think that, since it's Bruce Springsteen and all, he'd have the pull to get some dates that run straight down the coast rather than pinball around like that to the same locations.  OH to VA back to OH, then later, NC to PA to NC, from TX to NY, back down to PA, back up to CT...Jesus Christ.

On a side note, IS YOUR PROFILE PICTURE OF YOU AND CHRIS TITUS?? fuhhhh.  One of the funniest men alive.

Yeah it's weird. I think he was talking about getting back to places he hasn't been in awhile like Texas so this might just be him hitting a few strange places first before a big US tour. Although I think he's only ever skipped CT like once so I don't know about that one. But again, not gonna question it because it works for me  cheers 

And hell yeah that's Titus! I've been lucky enough to meet him twice now and actually, the first time we talked about Bruce! I bought the box set of all his specials and he signed it "Bruuuuuuce!" If you haven't seen his latest special (not the one he's currently on tour with, although that one's great too) then you should, mainly for the Springsteen joke at the end. That part is basically the entire last 40 minutes of the show and it's hilarious.

Is that Neverlution? I was at my parents' house when it aired (my dad and I bond over our mutual love for Titus), but his friends were over and so were their kids, and those little bastards didn't stop running and screaming and smacking the entire night. So I got like, 15 minutes in before I said screw it and haven't caught it since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Well, At least I saw Bruce in 2012.... The tickets cost too much for me.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:17 pm

jzancan wrote:
jzancan wrote:

Is that Neverlution?  I was at my parents' house when it aired (my dad and I bond over our mutual love for Titus), but his friends were over and so were their kids, and those little bastards didn't stop running and screaming and smacking the entire night.  So I got like, 15 minutes in before I said screw it and haven't caught it since.

No but that's a great one too! It was "Voice In My Head" It aired on TV like last summer/fall I think. You used to be able to buy a quicktime file of the whole 90 minutes on his site for 9 bucks. I'm not sure if you still can.

Back to top Go down
Barresi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Words cannot describe how much I hate scalpers. I just want to see him in the pit. I get on to get tickets in Uncasville within five seconds and the best they can do is seated way up.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Barresi wrote:
Words cannot describe how much I hate scalpers. I just want to see him in the pit. I get on to get tickets in Uncasville within five seconds and the best they can do is seated way up.

They're awful. I usually have to go the stub hub route for tickets though and pay around $300 for a decent seat (my parents refuse to do the pit) but I got lucky and got decent tickets for face value for the first time ever! I could go on a small vacation with the money my family saved.

Cheapest ticket in the lower levels right now on stub hub is going for around $650  Shocked

Back to top Go down
Barresi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Barresi wrote:

They're awful. I usually have to go the stub hub route for tickets though and pay around $300 for a decent seat (my parents refuse to do the pit) but I got lucky and got decent tickets for face value for the first time ever! I could go on a small vacation with the money my family saved.

Cheapest ticket in the lower levels right now on stub hub is going for around $650  Shocked

Yeah I saw that. It's horrifying. I'm holding out hope that someone on the Greasy Lake forum will want to sell for a price a little more realistic.

Glad to see you made out with good seats, though! I was offered Section 17 but turned them down because I thought there was a screw-up when I requested GA. Regretting it now, but I'll regret it even more when I see what I end up paying.  pale 
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:44 pm

I just came on here to see if anyone else got tickets this morning and I see a few of you talking already.  I got two sets of three (there's six of us going...I'm not a scalper!) to Mohegan Sun for the Saturday show...one I got in Section 112 and the other 121.  Got shut out of Sunday though.

My cousin and I made an impulse buy for a couple Albany tickets also.  We're behind the stage, near Roy's side, Row L.

So pumped for both!
Back to top Go down
reitzel6570
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Barresi wrote:
You gotta keep trying! I pulled a GA at 10:25 for the first CT show, and I didn't get my GA for the second CT show until 11:00. Sometimes they just pop up. Last tour I didn't get my Philly ticket until three hours into the sale.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:09 pm

He just covered Lorde's song "Royals". affraid 
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:36 pm

totally gratuitous pic of me (arrow) in the same shot as Bruce!

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next