A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Bruce Springsteen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 47
Location : Jacksonville, Fla

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:55 am

markbarlow wrote:
sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
jerseyrain wrote:
One song Ive never been able to get into is Kittys Back anyone else found the same?

It'd be weird anywhere else in his catalog, but that album is just all over the place genre-wise. It took me a while to get into, but now it just kind of adds to the freewheeling nature of Wild, the Innocent to me.
The second side of WIESS is the best side of music that has been released imo. Saw him perform the album in full at Madison Square Garden a couple of years back - was great.

Great to see younger people get this.

1972-75 was Bruce's best period ever--IMHO
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:45 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
jerseyrain wrote:
One song Ive never been able to get into is Kittys Back anyone else found the same?

It'd be weird anywhere else in his catalog, but that album is just all over the place genre-wise. It took me a while to get into, but now it just kind of adds to the freewheeling nature of Wild, the Innocent to me.
The second side of WIESS is the best side of music that has been released imo. Saw him perform the album in full at Madison Square Garden a couple of years back - was great.

Great to see younger people get this.

1972-75 was Bruce's best period ever--IMHO

Do you have the Tracks collection? How some of those songs on the first disc got thrown away just blows my mind. Pretty much every song Bruce wrote with a beard was the greatest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 406
Join date : 2010-09-19
Age : 30
Location : Preston, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:08 pm

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
jerseyrain wrote:
One song Ive never been able to get into is Kittys Back anyone else found the same?

It'd be weird anywhere else in his catalog, but that album is just all over the place genre-wise. It took me a while to get into, but now it just kind of adds to the freewheeling nature of Wild, the Innocent to me.
The second side of WIESS is the best side of music that has been released imo. Saw him perform the album in full at Madison Square Garden a couple of years back - was great.

Great to see younger people get this.

1972-75 was Bruce's best period ever--IMHO

Do you have the Tracks collection? How some of those songs on the first disc got thrown away just blows my mind. Pretty much every song Bruce wrote with a beard was the greatest thing ever.
Tracks Disc 1 is better than any album most other artists will put out. He opened with Thundercrack at the show I mentioned above!
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:38 pm

markbarlow wrote:
sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
jerseyrain wrote:
One song Ive never been able to get into is Kittys Back anyone else found the same?

It'd be weird anywhere else in his catalog, but that album is just all over the place genre-wise. It took me a while to get into, but now it just kind of adds to the freewheeling nature of Wild, the Innocent to me.
The second side of WIESS is the best side of music that has been released imo. Saw him perform the album in full at Madison Square Garden a couple of years back - was great.

Great to see younger people get this.

1972-75 was Bruce's best period ever--IMHO

Do you have the Tracks collection? How some of those songs on the first disc got thrown away just blows my mind. Pretty much every song Bruce wrote with a beard was the greatest thing ever.
Tracks Disc 1 is better than any album most other artists will put out. He opened with Thundercrack at the show I mentioned above!

That's sounds like the best show ever! If he did Zero & Blind Terry or Santa Ana, I feel completely deprived
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 29
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:46 am

Well, ive always known how good Born to run is, but now I bought Darkness and damn! It. Is. Great. I feel like im going to collapse or something when Racing in the streets starts. And want to just yell when Badlands is on. And what great last song. Maybe not better than Jungleland, but close. Good autumn record...theres always next summer when you can listen BTR. Maybe Bruce really is The Boss...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:21 am

Sami wrote:
Well, ive always known how good Born to run is, but now I bought Darkness and damn! It. Is. Great. I feel like im going to collapse or something when Racing in the streets starts. And want to just yell when Badlands is on. And what great last song. Maybe not better than Jungleland, but close. Good autumn record...theres always next summer when you can listen BTR. Maybe Bruce really is The Boss...

Racing in the Street is one of my very favorite Bruce songs. I'm glad to see that someone else mentioned it! Drag racing is in my blood (dad, grandpa, uncles, etc.), so that song just feels like home to me. Plus it's really, really cool! I also like the reference to Dancing in the Street. Now if TGA would do a song that referenced Racing in the Street, I might not be able to contain myself! Laughing
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 406
Join date : 2010-09-19
Age : 30
Location : Preston, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:22 am

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
That's sounds like the best show ever! If he did Zero & Blind Terry or Santa Ana, I feel completely deprived
Don't worry, he didn't. Did play Does This Bus Stop... at that show though!
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 29
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:37 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Sami wrote:
Well, ive always known how good Born to run is, but now I bought Darkness and damn! It. Is. Great. I feel like im going to collapse or something when Racing in the streets starts. And want to just yell when Badlands is on. And what great last song. Maybe not better than Jungleland, but close. Good autumn record...theres always next summer when you can listen BTR. Maybe Bruce really is The Boss...

Racing in the Street is one of my very favorite Bruce songs. I'm glad to see that someone else mentioned it! Drag racing is in my blood (dad, grandpa, uncles, etc.), so that song just feels like home to me. Plus it's really, really cool! I also like the reference to Dancing in the Street. Now if TGA would do a song that referenced Racing in the Street, I might not be able to contain myself! Laughing

Haha cool. My knowledge of cars is pretty much nothing and I dont even have driverlicence but that song really makes me wanna go Racing in the street after a hard day at work. Now i just race with different way its really better that i dont have car Smile. And pianointro is somehow very mindstopping...especially after an intense song like Candys room.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:20 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Sami wrote:
Well, ive always known how good Born to run is, but now I bought Darkness and damn! It. Is. Great. I feel like im going to collapse or something when Racing in the streets starts. And want to just yell when Badlands is on. And what great last song. Maybe not better than Jungleland, but close. Good autumn record...theres always next summer when you can listen BTR. Maybe Bruce really is The Boss...

Racing in the Street is one of my very favorite Bruce songs. I'm glad to see that someone else mentioned it! Drag racing is in my blood (dad, grandpa, uncles, etc.), so that song just feels like home to me. Plus it's really, really cool! I also like the reference to Dancing in the Street. Now if TGA would do a song that referenced Racing in the Street, I might not be able to contain myself! Laughing

I wouldn't expect Brian Fallon to reference other songs too much from now on, especially not Springsteen. He seems tired of all the Springsteen comments and questions and wants people to like the band for them and not because Bruce likes them. Another Springsteen reference wouldn't really cool the fire that Brian wants to put out if you see what I mean. He said to me in October that he just wants to concentrate on being Brian Fallon now. I would appreciate the odd Springsteen reference to be honest but I doubt he will just to get away from people saying he's the second coming of Bruce.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:45 am

I think you're probably right. It would still be cool to get a Springsteen reference (or any classic rock reference) every so often, but I'm not holding my breath. I also think Brian has proven that he is a strong enough and talented enough musician to not just be pigeonholed as the next Springsteen. He is his own artist and hopefully with this next record the comparisons will die down some for TGA, especially with the media.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 5592
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Pennsylvania-The land of the Three Rivers.

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:53 pm

While I want Fallon to be the man to take over for Springsteen (He is that talented, at least among today's writers), I want him to be known as Brian fallon...not the second coming of Springsteen.
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 406
Join date : 2010-09-19
Age : 30
Location : Preston, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Its interesting, a lot of the media tried to do the same with Bruce early on, saying he was the next Dylan.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:18 pm

markbarlow wrote:
Its interesting, a lot of the media tried to do the same with Bruce early on, saying he was the next Dylan.

That's a good point. Bruce was compared to Dylan which I can kind of see because of their poetic songs and incredible storytelling. Just like Bruce got away from the Dylan comparison, I think Brian will do the same thing, and hopefully be extremely successful because of his own band(s), not just because of who he originally reminded people of. He deserves it, and like JimmyB said, he is that talented.
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 47
Location : Jacksonville, Fla

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:38 am

Did anyone else from this forum go? Unbelievable show

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-plays-three-and-a-half-hour-show-in-pittsburgh-20111105#ixzz1cvNCiQ5m


Bruce Springsteen Plays Three-and-a-Half Hour Show in Pittsburgh


Joined by Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers, he performed a 32-song set

It's been a long two years since Bruce Springsteen
wrapped up his last tour, so when he announced a two-night stand at
Pittsburgh's Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall with longtime friends
Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers, fans traveled from far and wide to
catch the show.

"People have flown to Pittsburgh from all across the world!"
Springsteen said early on in the night. "That's almost as crazy as
flying to Asbury Park! It's insane! People come from perfectly wonderful
places, and they leave them! I met some people from Sweden, and Spain's
here too. Even Italy. It's crazy, and the obligation weighs very heavy
on my head."

On the second night of the stand, Springsteen was clearly determined
to insure that nobody left the house disappointed delivering a
stunning three-and-a-half hour, 32-song set that was every bit as
intense, unpredictable and euphoric as his legendary marathon shows of
the 1970s.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 47
Location : Jacksonville, Fla

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:41 am

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 47
Location : Jacksonville, Fla

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 55
Location : midlands uk

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:54 am

bobbyw24 wrote:


nice to see Bruce is copying Brian in wearing a white t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 47
Location : Jacksonville, Fla

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:57 am

brucesboots wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:


nice to see Bruce is copying Brian in wearing a white t-shirt.

Yeah--he finally took off the flannel in the encores. The female fans loved it.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 47
Location : Jacksonville, Fla

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 am

Never a huge fan of this song till I heard it done this way Friday night

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:02 am

brucesboots wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:


nice to see Bruce is copying Brian in wearing a white t-shirt.

Next thing you know he'll be playing a Telecaster. Get an original idea Bruce!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 55
Location : midlands uk

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:


nice to see Bruce is copying Brian in wearing a white t-shirt.

Next thing you know he'll be playing a Telecaster. Get an original idea Bruce!


his trying to pull in a younger audiance hehe
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:37 pm

On a different note has anyone else noticed that the BTX forum has been removed. Does anyone know if it has re-opened anywhere else?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 406
Join date : 2010-09-19
Age : 30
Location : Preston, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:00 pm

jerseyrain wrote:
On a different note has anyone else noticed that the BTX forum has been removed. Does anyone know if it has re-opened anywhere else?
I guess you mean the mp3 index? The main BTX forum is still around. I think the mp3 forum got removed due to "copyright infringement".
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 pm

yeah the mp3 index. How annoying. How long has it been up without them taking it down before though. why now? Anyway noting we can do i guess
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 406
Join date : 2010-09-19
Age : 30
Location : Preston, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:11 pm

jerseyrain wrote:
yeah the mp3 index. How annoying. How long has it been up without them taking it down before though. why now? Anyway noting we can do i guess
I think the guy who maintained it kept a backup so it might turn up again in a different location.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   

Back to top Go down
 
Bruce Springsteen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Bruce Willis to sell his Idaho Home for $13 million
» Bruce Hall
» Jack Bruce
» The Presidential Inauguration, Brought to You by the Few, the Wealthy
» Arrow

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: