A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Perhaps it will be a giant tour of Asbury Park: ride the carousel! Eat a burger at the Wonder Bar! Bowl a strike at the Lanes! Get your palms read! The Chamber of Commerce would be so happy.
What am I talking about.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Another possibility is the shoot isn't actually taking place at the Stone Pony. That could just be their headquarters where they check people in or something.

Good point. I call dibs on the shot where the band and extras ride horses on the carousel.

Dibs on the horse next to you. Or maybe we can sit together while the band rides the horses that pull the carriage hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:01 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Another possibility is the shoot isn't actually taking place at the Stone Pony. That could just be their headquarters where they check people in or something.

Good point. I call dibs on the shot where the band and extras ride horses on the carousel.

Dibs on the horse next to you. Or maybe we can sit together while the band rides the horses that pull the carriage hahaha.

I get to be in front.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:05 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
: I posted something on their Facebook wall in case someone on their end feels like answering.

Getting us back on track. L, if you don't hear back from anyone maybe someone going early can post on here if it looks like it's getting crowded?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:07 pm

It'll be the DSS CNN.

"Just got here. Looks good. Come down."

or

"HOLY CRAP STAY AWAY."

Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 pm

is it gonna be a total free-for-all? is it only for the people who emailed?? Did EVERYBODY who emailed get a response?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Maybe they're shooting on the beach or a scenario that can accommodate a big crowd. I mean, it might not be as chaotic as we're imagining it could get. But that's why I wondered if anyone who e-mailed got a response with instructions or if they had a cutoff point.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

[quote="yankeefan6493"]is it gonna be a total free-for-all? quote]

That depends if Morningside Lane is going to make an appearance.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:39 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
is it gonna be a total free-for-all? is it only for the people who emailed?? Did EVERYBODY who emailed get a response?

Who knows. I imagine mass confusion. Have you ever tried to buy tickets at the window at the Stone Pony? Place takes forever to get you through the doors. I've waited in lined 10 deep before and it takes 15 minutes to get your will call ticket and get in.

What if you RSVP'd but decide to bring a guest not on the list...will they turn them away?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Velocity
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:45 pm

My professor's letting me take the final early, so I'm definitely going! Thank God. I'm so happy right now.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Who knows. Imagine the worst case scenario, think about whether or not that's something you can deal with, and then make a decision? Hopefully they'll provide a little bit more detail. I doubt they're looking for a mass of confusion to add to whatever other problems come with a video shoot, so there may be a method to their madness.
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm

[quote="Shrewsbury_Stars"]
yankeefan6493 wrote:
is it gonna be a total free-for-all? quote]

That depends if Morningside Lane is going to make an appearance.

Haha what's that supposed to mean??
I know I'll be there... maybe the rest of the band too?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't know what Morningside Lane is.

I emailed the video people. No auto-response yet. Let ya know if I find anything out!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I don't know what Morningside Lane is.

I emailed the video people. No auto-response yet. Let ya know if I find anything out!

That was just a joke from the backstreets.com message board. They're a band that yankeesfan manages and I was just giving him a hard time.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 4:03 pm

How dare you act as though other message boards exist besides this one.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

I get to be in front.

You do have more posts then me. I guess I have to respect that. Sad
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Folks...folks... relax.

Notice that no one asked for names in the original email, or in the reply, so there likely is no "guest list"

You show up at 5, they'll let some amount of people in, and that will be that. Just don't be late and don't wear any logoed clothing.

Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 4:44 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Folks...folks... relax.

Notice that no one asked for names in the original email, or in the reply, so there likely is no "guest list"

You show up at 5, they'll let some amount of people in, and that will be that. Just don't be late and don't wear any logoed clothing.

And 2 forms of ID. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 4:51 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Folks...folks... relax.

ugh, I gave my name because I thought it was implied... this has clusterfuck written all over it.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 4:52 pm

SirBrad wrote:
And 2 forms of ID. Very Happy

Clap Clap Clap Clap geek

Just to show how much of a geek I am, I wonder who's directing this video.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Got some tips from a friend who was in a video shoot situation similar to this. She mentioned to wear comfortable clothing/shoes and expect to fight with camera whores Sad Also, don't expect to chat it up with the band (which we probably all assumed anyway). She said her day went around 16 hours :O I can't imagine this 4 hour estimation being THAT far off. But her video's concept heavily revolved around a concert scene.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Wow 16 hours...lol we can all go to Frank's Deli in the AM for cheap breakfast.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Again, her video had a lot of complicated stuff going on- it was a concert scene, there were circus performers, aerialists.. it was a whole scene. But it is something to consider that it could go longer than 4 hours, but maybe not by that huge of an amount!
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 6:44 pm

STOKED!!!!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Mon May 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Another tip- don't bring a ton of crap with you because it's probably not going to be safe to leave it somewhere on set without being able to look after it.

It's probably worth the attempt even if it's chaos. If something extreme happens and people are turned away, it's Asbury Park. Can always grab something to eat on the boardwalk or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   

Back to top Go down

TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next