A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Brian did say they had been singing 45 all day...did they also shoot him on an empty stage? On the beach? In a souped-up muscle car (there was one in the parking lot)?

Guess we have to wait and see!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Fri May 11, 2012 8:43 pm

There were people setting up to shoot something outside before we got let in. I remember they had a camera set up and there were lights illuminating the side of a trailer that looked a bit like the Darkness album cover.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
And I agree about the video thing. Although I kind of wish the one of 45 didn't come out until the official video did because I feel like that kinda ruins the surprise a bit. But it is a nice confirmation that it happened even though I still can't believe it either!

That's assuming the official video will be a performance one only (or do we know?). The performance might just be mixed in with other shots.

Hmm, true. I bet it will be the bulk of it but I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to it.

Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Sat May 12, 2012 8:52 am

njguy99 wrote:
Brian did say they had been singing 45 all day...did they also shoot him on an empty stage? On the beach? In a souped-up muscle car (there was one in the parking lot)?

Guess we have to wait and see!

I was there in line all day, they must have played 45 to an empty venue at least 30 times before doors even opened, with and without backing tracks. Pretty sure this is what Brian ment.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Sat May 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I thought I saw on the #AskBrian that the vid will have the live recording as the track. Or I just interpreted it wrong...

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Sun May 13, 2012 3:25 am

From the shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icat0KbipEM
Blue Jeans (yes of course the crowd went nuts for "Cookman") posted by a girl/guy who seems to be at a lot of shows I'm at and also standing near me at all of them.

The Backseat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6T7UpkvY1w (mostly footage of Brian)

I didn't bring my point & shoot cus I was so nervous they'd confiscate it or not let me in so I only had my cell phone to take a pic:

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Sun May 13, 2012 3:32 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
From the shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icat0KbipEM
Blue Jeans (yes of course the crowd went nuts for "Cookman") posted by a girl/guy who seems to be at a lot of shows I'm at and also standing near me at all of them.

The Backseat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6T7UpkvY1w (mostly footage of Brian)

I didn't bring my point & shoot cus I was so nervous they'd confiscate it or not let me in so I only had my cell phone to take a pic:

Ian looks terrifying in that photo!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Sun May 13, 2012 3:35 am

I KNOW! LOL He looks like he's about to kill someone. Also, it looks like a UFO just landed on Brian's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Sun May 13, 2012 3:38 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I KNOW! LOL He looks like he's about to kill someone. Also, it looks like a UFO just landed on Brian's shoulder.

I knew Brian had to be getting his musical brilliance from somewhere! It's the aliens! They're whispering lyrics in his ear!

(Sorry, this is what sleep deprivation does to me)
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Sun May 13, 2012 3:40 am

It's fine. You can just consider anything I post after 2am a "tired post" which is near equivalent to a drunk post. Deb knows what I'm talking about. Wink
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Sun May 13, 2012 3:43 am

it looks like he's rocking some zany green day-esque eyeliner. what a lovely brit. i'm so glad he's playing with them now the band is gonna whoop even more ass live now. you guys are the best hooking us up with all the live vids and shit elephant
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 pm

The video will be out at 3amET tomorrow!

Quote :
The Gaslight Anthem ‏@gaslightanthem

"45" VIDEO PREMIERE! ON @VEVO 3am EST tomorrow!!!! http://vevo.ly/JHDBNc
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I can't wait - may have to get up in the middle of the night for this Very Happy

Being there for the shoot was such a great experience.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 pm

I wonder how many of us will be visible in the video....
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:22 pm

njguy99 wrote:

Can't wait to hear all the 'Saints point out where they are!
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:39 pm

njguy99 wrote:

Quote :

They really meant 3 AM and not 3 PM?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 pm

njguy99 wrote:

If I am, I hope I'm off in the distance and blurry as all hell! LOL
I can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:15 pm

I definitely won't be in it. Was standing pretty much to the side of the box office...and there wasn't anyone behind me. Don't think they want to show an empty crowd on the video lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:24 pm

My only hope is that they captured that one crowd surfer who almost kicked me in the head. My luck, it'll be a reaction shot of me wincing...
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Considering the lights were turned off where I was, I doubt I'll be visible. If they use that interview, though...not really sure I can escape being seen there haha.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:45 pm

why 3am? haha.

Well I won't be in it but that's okay because I was there at least! Also I'd probably not watch it as much if I was b/c I'd hate seeing myself every time haha.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:34 pm

jdc wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

Quote :

They really meant 3 AM and not 3 PM?

It's probably programmed this way. Maybe they want it to launch in Europe in the morning or there is less web traffic at that hour.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 pm

They are launching it at 3 am because that makes out to about 8 or 9 am in the u.k./ Europe. Gaslight are more popular there - simple as that.

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Debonair wrote:
They are launching it at 3 am because that makes out to about 8 or 9 am in the u.k./ Europe. Gaslight are more popular there - simple as that.

Ha. Did the memo you got from Gaslight's management say that?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Ha. Did the memo you got from Gaslight's management say that?

lol! Razz - I've talked to them after shows, and they are quite aware they are bigger over there. Not to mention interviews basically give that same feel/idea. And pre orders for handwritten are out for there and not here. So I'm pretty certain that's why.

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   

Back to top Go down

TGA shooting video for new single “45” this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next