A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 1:12 am

Realized today at work that I could trade hours w/ a co-worker and and cut out early on Wednesday if wanted to.

Then thought, "Nah...probably too late."

Then thought, "WTH, try it." So I did. Email, that is. First one. I didn't even try over the weekend. Didn't even hit "send" until about 1:45 p.m. today.

Not five minutes later -- I get a new message in my in-box. O.K., so that was quick --expected the automated response you guys posted. "Will contact w/ details."

Instead, got the second one confirming the details.

In. Five. Minutes.

So ...I'm thinking, either:

1.) This is a low-security event.

OR

2.) I'm a V.I.P. !!! Razz

OR

3.) Girls' names get responses faster than boys' names. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 am

Well someone posted the second email a few posts back. Is that what you received?
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 1:26 am

Yes.

ETA: It's been so long since I was at the Stone Pony I can hardly remember what bands played. Maybe...Blue Oyster Cult? Purple Haze? Oh wait...that wasn't the band's name!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 am

Stone Pony's a pretty cool place Smile
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 10:49 am

Mary Ann wrote:
Realized today at work that I could trade hours w/ a co-worker and and cut out early on Wednesday if wanted to.

Then thought, "Nah...probably too late."

Then thought, "WTH, try it." So I did. Email, that is. First one. I didn't even try over the weekend. Didn't even hit "send" until about 1:45 p.m. today.

Not five minutes later -- I get a new message in my in-box. O.K., so that was quick --expected the automated response you guys posted. "Will contact w/ details."

Instead, got the second one confirming the details.

In. Five. Minutes.

So ...I'm thinking, either:

1.) This is a low-security event.

OR

2.) I'm a V.I.P. !!! Razz

OR

3.) Girls' names get responses faster than boys' names. Laughing

Pretty cool. Let's all be honest with ourselves, it's not Bruce Springsteen who's filing a video tomorrow at The Stone Pony.

I'm really curious though to see the turnout - I think we'll all be surprised (one way or the other Laughing )
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 1:57 pm

I think the Convention Hall turnout freaked me out in that I had no idea they were even big enough to fill that place. I think that 5pm is a weird time for some people since not everyone can rearrange their work schedule last minute and 4 hours is a big commitment during the week if you've got kids or whatever. Plus the fact it's 18+ will deter some of the crazier younger fans from coming down super early. Anyway, here's hoping it's a manageable crowd situation!
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 5:19 pm

I wish we had more information about how this is gonna go. I'm debating making the trip but I also don't want I make the trip and be turned away.
Back to top Go down
http://sugarheartx.tumblr.com
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 6:51 pm

prettyontheinsidex wrote:
I wish we had more information about how this is gonna go. I'm debating making the trip but I also don't want I make the trip and be turned away.

That's exactly my thought. Gonna try anyway. We could have a Dimestore Rejects party on the boardwalk if we all get bumped LOL
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Hahaha yes! I wanted to go and had posted about it on twitter and by chance one of my friends who only knows gaslight because of me actually wants to go. For some reason none of my friends like gaslight as much as I do lol. Now that I have someone to go with I'm thinking this through a little more. I mean it's not like I have anywhere else I need to be and it could be really cool if it all works out. It's like a 2 hour drive for me. I don't know, I'm kinda just thinking I'll take the chance. I don't really have anything to lose. And I'm still pissed about the Brooklyn show so this could be cool in its place lol
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 pm

I'll give you my favorite quote from Henry Rollins when he was trying to decide what his next move was going to be.

"On the other hand, I can always go back to L.A. and sit...or I can go to fucking Madagascar."

At best you get to be part of it all. At worst, you at least tried and it was a night out of the house. If you don't do anything tomorrow night, what would you be doing instead? I'd be watching American Idol and Modern Family while checking here to see if anyone is posting about the video shoot LOL

Maybe if others badger the band on the Facebook page they'll give some more details about what to expect. They seem to acknowledge fan questions if it becomes a big enough issue (like about tickets, etc.).
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 7:12 pm

Lol my thoughts exactly. if my friends still willing to go it may just be worth the risk.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Quote :
It's like a 2 hour drive for me. I don't know, I'm kinda just thinking I'll take the chance. I don't really have anything to lose. And I'm still pissed about the Brooklyn show so this could be cool in its place lol

Ditto. Ditto. And DITTO about the Brooklyn show!

I sooooo wanted to see TGA at a smaller venue, so here it is, I guess.

But really? Lip syncing?

Gawd I am getting old.

ETA: Speaking of old, which vehicle would you drive to this event:

Old crapster not-so-comfy-but-tried-and-true little truck nobody would bother to mess with? Or comfy new model car w/ CD player that somebody might?

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 pm

If you're that nervous, just go with the crapster.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Well, I'm really not 'cept somebody said something about valuables some posts back that made me wonder...

Plus the last time I was at Atlantic City (2 or so years ago) I just could not believe the neighborhood around the venue. A live war zone, really.

just tell me AP today is not even remotely near to that.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

I wouldn't assume they will be lip synching.

Of course I don't know but I'm thinking this will be a pretty straightforward concert type video.
Pearl Jam did a video for the Fixer and while there are definately dubs in the video I know for a fact they actually played live while filming. So it could be something like that.

And who knows maybe if timing goes smooth theyll play a few songs
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 7:56 pm

I don't feel threatened in the Boardwalk area (the actual Boardwalk to the Lanes) and I've totally walked around with a pro camera on a block by myself at night. Maybe I'm stupid. But I haven't had trouble. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in AC.

Yeah that was me- I was just talking about how my friend told me not to bring a bunch of stuff, especially valuables, because you might not be able to have it on you and may have to leave things in a pile somewhere. But I'm really overthinking the details.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 8:12 pm

O.K., thank you.

Good point your friend made, though. And I have appreciated your thinking on the details throughout this thread.

Now I am gonna go and get some things done and maybe even get a good night's sleep for a change.

Have a safe trip, all. C U there!
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 8:56 pm

I don't know, maybe its cause I'm a guy, but I don't see the point in bringing much to something like this. Phone, wallet and keys are all I'm gonna need.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 9:02 pm

It is because you're a guy Smile
I'm bringing the smallest purse I have and I guess my jacket (?) Though if it's indoors then no.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 9:29 pm

what time is everybody getting there tomorrow? I'm trying to figure out what i'm doing. I wish they had given more details.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Assuming you all got the email, but in case you didn't:

Quote :
Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:45 PM
**PLEASE NOTE**

The video shoot tomorrow is FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. RSVP is NOT a guarantee that you'll make it into the venue. Apologies for this!!! But want everyone to be aware.

If you do make it in - you will be in the crowd for the live-performance part of the video.

**ALSO NOTE TIME CHANGE**

1) Please arrive at the venue now at 7PM. Expect to be there for a couple hours

2) Please bring 2 forms of ID. 18+ ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS (sorry - legal reasons)

3) Do not wear anything with logos, band names, etc.

Capacity for the indoor shows is listed at around 600. If for some reason this is an outdoor thing then it's around 1000. I am seeing different figures all over the place.

Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed May 09, 2012 12:02 am

ugh, I don't know why they did this... I guess I'll plan on getting there at the same time that I was before and just spend the extra couple hours waiting - I've got nothing better to do. Maybe I'll see some of you lovely people there as well.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed May 09, 2012 12:07 am

It would be nice to take names but then people are so unreliable that maybe they are covering themselves by leaving it open so they know people will show up or something. I am sure they'll have family/friends down for the shoot too. Not that I know that they will or anything, but it would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 am

Wow, thank you. Glad I checked this before going to bed.

Geeze Louise, 5 pushed to 7 and four hours dropped to a couple.

I'm leaving same time as planned.

RAIN forecast for Asbury Park tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   Wed May 09, 2012 5:13 am

Weird...I never got that email either.

(edited to add: So I sent a question to the mailbox, and it returned that email with the new time.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony   

Back to top Go down

TGA shooting video for new single 45 this Wed. May 9 @ Stone Pony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next