A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

R.I.P Adam Yauch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Adam Yauch   Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I was just watching the episode of Futurama where the whole Beastie Boys were on as a guest star spot. Man, never listened to their music, but it is sad anytime someone dies so young and unexpectedly/

dude had cancer...how is that unexpected?

Come on dude. Many people beat cancer. My cousin has been battling cancer (successfully) since she was 7 years old. If she took a turn for the worse, it would definitely be unexpected to me.

I'm sure you mean no offense but your post definitely comes across as a bit callous.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Adam Yauch   Fri May 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I was just watching the episode of Futurama where the whole Beastie Boys were on as a guest star spot. Man, never listened to their music, but it is sad anytime someone dies so young and unexpectedly/

Come on dude. Many people beat cancer. My cousin has been battling cancer (successfully) since she was 7 years old. If she took a turn for the worse, it would definitely be unexpected to me.

I'm sure you mean no offense but your post definitely comes across as a bit callous.

I totally get where you're coming from. My aunt is battling cancer right now, as are my grandma and grandpa. Your cousin sounds like she must be extremely strong to have successfully battled cancer as such a young child. I really hope she makes a complete recovery.

As far as Sanam's comment goes, I think his tone was a little harsh because of who he was responding to, not because of Adam's death or the way he died. I wouldn't read into it too much, although I can see what you mean.

I was never a fan of the Beastie Boys, but I have always respected them as musicians and feel like Adam's death is a huge loss in the music community. It's a sad day. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Adam Yauch   Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

sorry dude. I totally didn't mean to come off like that.

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Adam Yauch   Sat May 05, 2012 7:22 am

http://mickboogie.com/2012/04/beastie-boys-grand-royal/

Worth a download, excellent little mix-tape of Beasties stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Adam Yauch   Sun May 06, 2012 8:09 am

Wow, that's not actually bad at all!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Adam Yauch   Sun May 06, 2012 2:10 pm

I went to All Points West in 2009. Beastie Boys were supposed to headline but had to pull out like 1 or 2 weeks before cus MCA got sick. Jay-Z came in to replace their headline slot. He opened the show by paying tribute to them and did No Sleep Til Brooklyn. Here's the best quality video I found. It was totally amazing. It was my first day shooting from a photo pit and changed my life! But anyway, the crowd loved the tribute. They freaked for Brooklyn We Go Hard too (which is right after in this video). I always loved the smile on Jay's face right before Go Hard started, like he knew the crowd would go crazy (it was a local show in Liberty State Park).

Edit: they seem to cut it off, but he did all of No Sleep. This video is actually some kind of edit of a bunch of youtube videos that were up. I know this because it took me a long time after the show to find a good one (everyone posts shaky crap). Weird.

Edit 2: Also I meant to say Coldplay did that cover on the Sunday night of the fest, and people loved it then too. Pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Adam Yauch   Mon May 07, 2012 7:01 am

Terrible news, one of the first albums i bought as a kid was licensed to ill.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Adam Yauch   

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Adam Yauch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2