A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Thu May 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey, I'm newish here as well, and I'm still trying to work out how I've got so many posts so far scratch

Enjoy, it's a fun board Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 3:24 am

Hi I'm Shelby! I'm also pretty new but everyone's really cool. That's awesome that you got go to NME. I feel better about having missed it when I know that at least the people who went were real fans! Welcome!

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 4:44 am

Welcome! I'm Mac. Smile
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 1:56 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hello! I'm Sarah. Welcome to the forum!

Hi, Sarah! I'm Laura, thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hummingasongfrom1962.tumblr.com
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Klown wrote:
Hey, I'm newish here as well, and I'm still trying to work out how I've got so many posts so far scratch

Enjoy, it's a fun board Very Happy

Haha, I'm sure it'll be pretty easy to rack up a fair few posts!

Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi Laura Smile I believe you know my mate Rob who told me you had gone to the NME session?
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:07 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Hi I'm Shelby! I'm also pretty new but everyone's really cool. That's awesome that you got go to NME. I feel better about having missed it when I know that at least the people who went were real fans! Welcome!

Hey, ah good! I'm Laura, by the way Smile Yeah, it was such a rad experience, best day of my life. Yeah, it would have been annoying if the people weren't really into them, but everyone was.
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:07 pm

redskynight wrote:
Welcome! I'm Mac. Smile

Thanks! Nice to meet you, Mac, I'm Laura Smile
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Christophe wrote:
Hi Laura Smile I believe you know my mate Rob who told me you had gone to the NME session?

Hello! Rob Ludgate? Yeah, I know him! He was pretty jealous, aha.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:11 pm

hummingasongfrom1962 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

No sorry Rob Shillcock haha Laughing I am very jealous by the way!
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Oh, whoops! I thought it may have been Rob Shillcock, but it didn't seem as likely. Ah, well, apologies! Hahah, I would be, it was an absolutely brilliant experience.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Oh, whoops! I thought it may have been Rob Shillcock, but it didn't seem as likely. Ah, well, apologies! Hahah, I would be, it was an absolutely brilliant experience.

Yeah he said you were really into Gaslight so I thought you must have already been a DSS member. Can't believe you've only just discovered us Shocked haha. I go to uni with Rob and was gonna go to Koko show with him but he's off travelling I think. I cannot wait for 11 June it's gonna be the best show ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:20 pm

redskynight wrote:
Welcome! I'm Mac. Smile

Hi Laura, i'm Matty.
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Yeah he said you were really into Gaslight so I thought you must have already been a DSS member. Can't believe you've only just discovered us Shocked haha. I go to uni with Rob and was gonna go to Koko show with him but he's off travelling I think. I cannot wait for 11 June it's gonna be the best show ever Very Happy

No, I had no clue about it. I think I just found out all of my gaslight news from tumblr/twitter because I seem to be up to date with everything. Ah, yeah, he's going to America, isn't he? I'm so glad the gig is in June because I'm going travelling July-August so I would have missed it had it been later. Hopefully I'll catch a few European gigs! Koko is going to be insane. Really hope they play some songs from Handwritten!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Hahaha, I saw that they surfaced on tumblr and Abi sent me one of my and Brian that someone had taken. I still think it's weird that there are pictures of up on the internet that we didn't take... but whatever, it's so cool! I reckon I'm gonna be a lurker too.

hi and welcome; I wish a picture would surface of me at the NME gig

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
redskynight wrote:
Welcome! I'm Mac. Smile

Hi Laura, i'm Matty.

Hi, Matty! wave
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:29 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Hahaha, I saw that they surfaced on tumblr and Abi sent me one of my and Brian that someone had taken. I still think it's weird that there are pictures of up on the internet that we didn't take... but whatever, it's so cool! I reckon I'm gonna be a lurker too.

Hello, thank you! The pictures of me are mainly the top of my head, aha. Did you have a good time?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

No, I had no clue about it. I think I just found out all of my gaslight news from tumblr/twitter because I seem to be up to date with everything. Ah, yeah, he's going to America, isn't he? I'm so glad the gig is in June because I'm going travelling July-August so I would have missed it had it been later. Hopefully I'll catch a few European gigs! Koko is going to be insane. Really hope they play some songs from Handwritten!

Yeah he is going to America and that's handy that it's happening before you go away. One of the reasons I haven't sorted out any kind of travelling yet is because I really didn't want to miss Gaslight at Koko! I'm sure they will play a few new ones at Koko I reckon three or four. Have you found somewhere to stay in London?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Hello, thank you! The pictures of me are mainly the top of my head, aha. Did you have a good time?

I sure did Very Happy

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Yeah he is going to America and that's handy that it's happening before you go away. One of the reasons I haven't sorted out any kind of travelling yet is because I really didn't want to miss Gaslight at Koko! I'm sure they will play a few new ones at Koko I reckon three or four. Have you found somewhere to stay in London?

Hopefully they don't do any more shows in the UK whilst I'm away. By the sounds of it, once the summer is over, Gaslight are planning on doing a world wide tour. Brian said they're gonna tour until thanksgiving then have time off until Feb then literally do everywhere until no stone is unturned. Yeah, I've convinced my friends to go down for a few days, so we're staying in a travelodge in Covent Garden, which is pretty sweet. I was gonna just hang out in the station and get a 4am train home, but this works out better. How about you?
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 pm

I sure did Very Happy

Ah, great! I'm glad Smile
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Hopefully they don't do any more shows in the UK whilst I'm away. By the sounds of it, once the summer is over, Gaslight are planning on doing a world wide tour. Brian said they're gonna tour until thanksgiving then have time off until Feb then literally do everywhere until no stone is unturned. Yeah, I've convinced my friends to go down for a few days, so we're staying in a travelodge in Covent Garden, which is pretty sweet. I was gonna just hang out in the station and get a 4am train home, but this works out better. How about you?

Yeah as soon as they announce UK tour dates I'm gonna be straight on it. That's good that you have convinced people to go. I had basically two friends who are into them and both couldn't go but I managed to persuade my housemate to come and he really likes them now and we've hopefully found a decent hotel in Camden that's not too far from the venue to stay in.
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Yeah as soon as they announce UK tour dates I'm gonna be straight on it. That's good that you have convinced people to go. I had basically two friends who are into them and both couldn't go but I managed to persuade my housemate to come and he really likes them now and we've hopefully found a decent hotel in Camden that's not too far from the venue to stay in.

I've convinced them to come to London, but they aren't coming the gig. I'm trying to get my friend from Scotland to come down but I don't think she can afford it as she came to the NME show the other day with me and had to pay ridiculous amounts for her train. Oh that's really good! I'll just have to get a taxi back. I reckon I'm gonna hang about after the gig for a bit anyway though so I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting back home.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

I've convinced them to come to London, but they aren't coming the gig. I'm trying to get my friend from Scotland to come down but I don't think she can afford it as she came to the NME show the other day with me and had to pay ridiculous amounts for her train. Oh that's really good! I'll just have to get a taxi back. I reckon I'm gonna hang about after the gig for a bit anyway though so I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting back home.

Yeah same here I really want to meet Brian after the show if possible so it's good to be able to stay somewhere without worrying about having to get back. What's he like?
Back to top Go down
hummingasongfrom1962
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Fri May 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Yeah same here I really want to meet Brian after the show if possible so it's good to be able to stay somewhere without worrying about having to get back. What's he like?

He's great. I've met him four times now and each time it's been a pleasure. He's just totally into music and talks about the randomest shit. He's really down to Earth and lovely, not to mention absolutely hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   

Back to top Go down

Hello :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: