A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Wed May 23, 2012 4:52 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I wonder about that too. But maybe it'll have almost an opposite effect. For instance, when they did the video shoot, he had been singing it all day, plus he sang it 6 more times in front of a crowd. Each time sounded great and the other songs he played sounded great. I'd say it was one of the best vocal performances by him that I've heard. Maybe he just needs to exercise his vocal chords more before a show, so that by the time he hits 45, he's comfortable, and everything else is like easy in comparison.

The crowd on the other hand...haha. I like the "strangled cat" comparison.

I agree with all of this. He probably just needs to play with it and have a good warmup.

Oh, and quit smoking, because that helps tremendously.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 24, 2012 6:09 am

'You got lucky' is up at the usual places...just saying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 24, 2012 11:46 am

It's not in the usual place I go apparently. lol

I just want to hear it. Why not stream it for those who don't own record players? lol
Back to top Go down
RobG20
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 24, 2012 12:06 pm

there ya go, not amazing quality but still..

if i'm not allowed to post this just delete it.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/atlasdivide
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Debonair wrote:
Camus wrote:
I'll refer you to this thread then: http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t4072-do-not-post-rips-of-45-please

I assume the same would go for You Got Lucky.

The same would go for EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING THATS COPYRIGHTED that isn't through an "official" source.

Probably best to delete the post with the link...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Fri May 25, 2012 12:12 pm

They just played 45 on MLB Network during their top play montage :')
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Fri May 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Breanne wrote:

That's so cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Fri May 25, 2012 2:04 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Breanne wrote:

I think they've been doing it all week at the end of "Quick Pitch." I caught it on Wednesday morning (Tuesday night's highlights).

That's pretty awesome.

(Also, hi - I've been lurking for several years, but hadn't registered before today. First shows were in 2009 and I can't wait to see them again this summer.)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Fri May 25, 2012 2:08 pm

jdc wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Breanne wrote:

I think they've been doing it all week at the end of "Quick Pitch." I caught it on Wednesday morning (Tuesday night's highlights).

That's pretty awesome.

(Also, hi - I've been lurking for several years, but hadn't registered before today. First shows were in 2009 and I can't wait to see them again this summer.)

Welcome to the forum! You've been lurking for several years and you just now joined?! It's about time! Razz You should jump over to the introduce yourself thread and tell us a little bit about yourself. Smile
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Fri May 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Behind the scenes on 45 and Handwritten. Nice teaser video!

http://www.spinner.com/2012/05/25/gaslight-anthem-handrwitten-behind-the-scenes/
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Fri May 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Actually now I'm crazy curious for the lyrics this time around. From the video (paraphrased): "There were just so many things I never wrote about...personal things...I just wasn't ready...But that I'm an adult..it's more reflective"
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 1:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4qvl3hFm6E

45 video from France. This is back in the regular key, but Brian sounds pretty good on the Chorus.

Also, aside from the video the bass being too heavy because of proximity to the stage, the mix on this is great. You can hear every instrument and every vocal. I know this is probably due to Soundgarden's sound crew and equipment, but damn.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 1:36 pm

Sounds like its still a step down or so.
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 1:36 pm

bakerfall wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4qvl3hFm6E

45 video from France. This is back in the regular key, but Brian sounds pretty good on the Chorus.

Also, aside from the video the bass being too heavy because of proximity to the stage, the mix on this is great. You can hear every instrument and every vocal. I know this is probably due to Soundgarden's sound crew and equipment, but damn.
I was about to ask why the hell they had an alloy wheel on the stage and then realised it was a fan Embarassed
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 1:53 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:

Could be, have to check with my guitar tonight.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 1:53 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:

I think the recording and first live versions are in the key of D# major, this live version from france being in D Major. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 pm

JJW319 wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:

I think the recording and first live versions are in the key of D# major, this live version from france being in D Major. Anyone else?

I think so, he had a capo on the early recordings with his guitar tuned to D so it would've been D#. Now he's playing the same chords without the capo Chorus is C#m A E B x2 E B C#m A x2

It sounds good now that they've relearned it and way better than the Williamsburg one vocally.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah it's in D
Back to top Go down
Harry Lime
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Brian's vocals sound better than the New York show. He seems to have the "Heeeeeeeeeey's" down.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
Brian's vocals sound better than the New York show. He seems to have the "Heeeeeeeeeey's" down.
Fuck yeah!

Community avatar!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

This is definitely lower. I kind of love it like this. It'll be easier for me to sing along now too!

Also, holy crap this mixing sounds so much better. TGA needs to get a better sound mixer. I agree, this is probably mixed so well because Soundgarden's people did it. Kind of like it was better at the shoot too because the production crew had someone. I don't feel like I have to strain my ears to hear the vocals.

I sincerely hope it sounds this good when I see them at Middle East!

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 5:50 pm

God damn it. I wish Alex's lead would sound as good on the record as it does live. It's just got this haunting, echoing quality to it when they play it live.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Can anyone make out the line change at the end? It ends in I think "...fast asleep"

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Harbortown wrote:
God damn it. I wish Alex's lead would sound as good on the record as it does live. It's just got this haunting, echoing quality to it when they play it live.

Never too much reverb when Alex R. is playing.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Thu May 31, 2012 6:36 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Never too much reverb when Alex R. is playing.

0:52. If only it could sound that beautiful on the record. So dreamy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   

Back to top Go down

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next