A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Mon May 21, 2012 3:32 pm

kirstyt wrote:
Did anyone else order from ShopRadioCast by any chance?

I did and I'm actually pretty annoyed. I wrote them several times to cancel the order since I picked up a copy at the Brooklyn show. I also called customer service and left a message since my emails weren't returned. This was all last week. I just got a shipping confirmation a few mintues ago. Stellar customers service.
Back to top Go down
kirstyt
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Mon May 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
kirstyt wrote:

I did and I'm actually pretty annoyed. I wrote them several times to cancel the order since I picked up a copy at the Brooklyn show. I also called customer service and left a message since my emails weren't returned. This was all last week. I just got a shipping confirmation a few mintues ago. Stellar customers service.

I can't say I'm overly impressed with their customer service - I've also sent them emails but had nothing in return. I just checked my order status and it's changed from "awaiting fulfillment" to "shipped", but I can't say I'll be using them again..
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Mon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm

kirstyt wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
kirstyt wrote:

I can't say I'm overly impressed with their customer service - I've also sent them emails but had nothing in return. I just checked my order status and it's changed from "awaiting fulfillment" to "shipped", but I can't say I'll be using them again..

If you read back further in this thread, I had a lot of problems with Shopcast....after I found out there was no special versions of the single, I cancelled the order asking for a refund(after numerous e-mails), they first of all said I could only have store credit, which was fair enough, but then they wouldn't credit my account with the amount, so I kept emailing them, with no reply. I then took the matter up with PayPal, raised an issue, and 10 minutes later there was the refund from shopcast. Checked my email about 5 minutes later, and there was a sarcastic email from them. They can do one if they think I'm ordering from them again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
kirstyt
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Gordon, thanks for letting us know about that. I won't be making an order with them again, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Mon May 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Watch as Gaslight now announce a deal to release all future vinyl through Shopcast Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Mon May 21, 2012 4:30 pm

home sick today...look what came in the mail.

B side is great...have a hard time imagining it sounding this way live though.

By slotsipxes at 2012-05-21
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
kirstyt
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Mon May 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Klown wrote:
Watch as Gaslight now announce a deal to release all future vinyl through Shopcast Laughing

Oh hell no Razz
I'd be reluctant to the idea.. not that that would EVER happen.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Got my record today. Love it. Wish it had a digital version of ygl. It doesnt seem to be available on itunes yet either.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Is there any way vinyl can be converted to a digital file so it can be listened to on the internet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Someone should record You Got Lucky and post it up on Youtube for the time being... *cough*

And hell, it could be made unlisted so only people with a link (i.e., DSS members) could see it, so as to not take away from sales.

Last edited by MattL on Tue May 22, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Yea theres a bunch of tables that can record it directly to an mp3 file
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 7:52 pm

MattL wrote:
Someone should record You Got Lucky and post it up on Youtube for the time being... *cough*

And hell, it could be made unlisted so only people with a link (i.e., DSS members) could see it, so as to not take away from sales.

Good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 7:54 pm

MattL wrote:

That would still be frowned upon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Camus wrote:
MattL wrote:

That would still be frowned upon.

I suppose so, but I can't imagine waiting for it to show up on iTunes being any better. Either way, the song gets uploaded to YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 pm

I'll refer you to this thread then: http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t4072-do-not-post-rips-of-45-please

I assume the same would go for You Got Lucky.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 8:19 pm

We need to.just be patient. I was just suprised it wasnt on itunes or have a digital download w the record
. No worries
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Camus wrote:
I'll refer you to this thread then: http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t4072-do-not-post-rips-of-45-please

I assume the same would go for You Got Lucky.

The same would go for EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING THATS COPYRIGHTED that isn't through an "official" source.

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Annnnnnnnyways. I sure am eager for the preorder of the lp. Wonder when itll be up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Aye, I understand. Oh well, waiting for that iTunes release!
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Tue May 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Picked up my copy today Smile You Got Lucky ROCKS!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Wed May 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Brian's voice is not gonna last if he sings 45 too much surely. It's the only Gaslight song I can't sing along with, my vocal chords are cut to shreds after trying. My voice is all over the place haha.
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Christophe wrote:
Brian's voice is not gonna last if he sings 45 too much surely. It's the only Gaslight song I can't sing along with, my vocal chords are cut to shreds after trying. My voice is all over the place haha.
I thought the same when I saw the recent web-stream. He sounded like he was struggling with the high parts!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 pm

markbarlow wrote:
Christophe wrote:
I thought the same when I saw the recent web-stream. He sounded like he was struggling with the high parts!

I know yeah I'm not surprised either. My voice goes when I try and sing it. It's physically impossible to sing it without sounding like a strangled cat! Well for me anyway geek
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm

I imagine there'll be a lot of out of tune wailing going on in the crowd.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   Wed May 23, 2012 2:12 pm

I wonder about that too. But maybe it'll have almost an opposite effect. For instance, when they did the video shoot, he had been singing it all day, plus he sang it 6 more times in front of a crowd. Each time sounded great and the other songs he played sounded great. I'd say it was one of the best vocal performances by him that I've heard. Maybe he just needs to exercise his vocal chords more before a show, so that by the time he hits 45, he's comfortable, and everything else is like easy in comparison.

The crowd on the other hand...haha. I like the "strangled cat" comparison.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')   

Back to top Go down

The "45" thread (comb: 'single premiered on BBC Radio' & 'spoiler thread')
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next