A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:02 am

Hey, I'd celebrate that! A least it's a day off of work and school. America as a whole just isn't a very religious country, which I always thought was kind of weird since it was founded on the principle of religious freedom. Hmm... I love celebrating and acknowledging important days (I am Christian, and religious holidays mean a lot to me personally) and its sad when I have to work instead. At least I have the kind of job where I can bring the party with me. Last December I taught the girls about Saint Nicholas (the actual person) on his feast day (December 6), and this January I taught them all about Epiphany and gave them each three little presents to represent the gifts given to Jesus. It was fun!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 am

we have days off because our constitution says we are a christian country, religious freedom means you don't get a day off because christianity is not your official religion Very Happy

now funny thing: I studied and live near Bari whose patron is St nicholas (long story, there's a BEAUTIFUL church in this city that is also an orthodox church and it's famous because everyone knows st. nicholas'relics are there), I was in london a few weeks ago, this guy at the station asked me where I was from, I said puglia to him (my region yeah Razz) and he asked me where precisely, I told him bari and he yelled at me "OH YEAH, SANTA CLAUS!!" LMAO.
Also my city (not bari, but idk why, things change from city to city here hmmm) celebrates december 6th, we don't get a day off but all kids know that when they wake up they'll get presents from st. nicholas ahahah
When I was a kid I got most presents on december 6th and I couldn't care less about christmas Razz

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:26 am

That's a good point about countries and religion, or lack thereof. I guess that since people celebrate different things here, there are less government holidays because of it. Makes sense, although I would be perfectly happy having days off for Hanukkah, Ramadan, etc.! Razz

Haha, my mom still gives Jenna and me presents "from St. Nicholas" on Dec. 6! Our family is really big on traditions and that one has stuck all these years. We just get a few little presents on that day and Christmas is the BIG celebration. I love hearing how different countries celebrate the holiday season. And I LOVE everything about the holiday season.

I love that church! It's gorgeous! I showed the girls pictures of it last December and they have been wanting to go to Italy ever since. That's hilarious that that guy called your town Santa Claus. Razz There is actually a town in the state of Indiana that is called Santa Claus. Funny stuff!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:42 am

I only get candies or money now haha my parents don't mind!
aw that's so cool, I am not a religious person but that church is just beautiful and the orthodox part is so fascinating, always full of people praying in russian!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 am

Doesn't the Russian language sound neat? I have always thought so, and I love their architecture, like St. Basil's Cathedral. So pretty! I think if I ever get the chance to go to Europe, I would just stare in awe at all of the gorgeous churches and castles and take a million pictures like a stereotypical tourist. America is too new to have buildings that amazing.

Guess what? I ordered a new record player this week! Mine wasn't playing very well and I have a ton of new records I am dying to listen to, so I'm excited. I think it will be here next week. Amazon still hasn't shipped it yet, for some reason... scratch
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 am

it is beautiful, and they have the greatest and weirdest history!

Yeeeah mine doesn't work either, still have to tell my dad he needs to buy a new one Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 am

Haha, that's a good plan! Record players are expensive! I saved over $70 on the one I bought through Amazon, so I'm pretty happy. This is the one I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Technology-Aviator-Wooden-Center/dp/B003WTLAA0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335362213&sr=8-1

I like the old-fashioned look. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 am

aw that look absolutely beautiful!

you're making me want to tell my dad right now hahaha
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:04 am

DO IT! Everybody should have a working record player. Do you collect TGA/THC vinyls? I don't go crazy with all the variants and everything (although I would if I could afford it!), but I try to get one copy of each release, and if it's a more limited color, great. I'm still kicking myself though because I didn't get The Behold the Hurricane 7" and now it's impossible to find. Grr! Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:09 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
DO IT! Everybody should have a working record player. Do you collect TGA/THC vinyls? I don't go crazy with all the variants and everything (although I would if I could afford it!), but I try to get one copy of each release, and if it's a more limited color, great. I'm still kicking myself though because I didn't get The Behold the Hurricane 7" and now it's impossible to find. Grr! Mad Sad

aw no definitely no, I don't have that much money and I tend to use the ones I have on clothes and stuff, duh Sad
record store day was an exception since I could have them sent to m!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 am

plugga wrote:

aw no definitely no, I don't have that much money and I tend to use the ones I have on clothes and stuff, duh Sad
record store day was an exception since I could have them sent to m!

I was wondering since you mentioned RSD. Stop buying clothes and buy more records! Twisted Evil My THC Live at Fingerprints should be here today! cheers
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 am

ahahah I can't!! the only thing that has priority over clothes is concerts!! I have enough money right now to buy all the clothes I want but I am saving them to pay for my gaslight/bruce trips and pearl jam in berlin!
(AND ALSO BON IVER. I AM GOING TO BE SO POOR)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

All those concerts will be worth it! Thank goodness for the tutoring job, right? How did that go?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:29 am

All those concerts will be worth it! Thank goodness for the tutoring job, right? How did that go?

yeah more money are always good High Five
he's coming back on monday, that kid better study Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am

You're a tough teacher, Ilaria! It sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Just focus on the paycheck when you want to hit the kid over the head with a frying pan! Razz
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:35 am

You're a tough teacher, Ilaria! It sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Just focus on the paycheck when you want to hit the kid over the head with a frying pan! Razz

ahahah nooo but I can see when kids don't study (BECAUSE I'VE BEEN THERE) Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

Haha, me too! I think I studied for a total of one hour in my entire life, and that was because I ditched the three classes before the exam (I just didn't want to be there!), so I had to do the work on my own. That was my first year of college. Rolling Eyes I have always been lucky, if I heard something in class I usually remembered it and didn't need to study at all.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:49 pm

yeah I only really started studying at university, I studied nearly 10 hours a day close to exams Sad
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Hey Guys!

10 hours a day? Shocked That's pretty intense... although I'd probably spend at least 10 hours on writing papers sometimes. scratch
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey Konrad! You always get here right before I have to leave. Sad

Ilaria, I can't even imagine studying for ten hours a day. I would lose my mind.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I might just go to the Hultsfred festival in Sweden this year.

-The Gaslight Anthem
-Mumford & Sons
-The XX
-James Blake
-Noah and the whale
-The Cure
-Frank Turner

And some other pretty good bands. Not shabby at all.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:52 pm

That sounds awesome, John! You can't pass up a chance at seeing Gaslight. Definitely go! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:56 pm

ah but it's not about writing papers, we don't do that at university, I literally spent hours revising and talking aloud and stuff ahaha I didn't even feel that tired and at night I was out with my friends!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Hey Konrad! You always get here right before I have to leave. Sad

Ilaria, I can't even imagine studying for ten hours a day. I would lose my mind.

Ah, yeah... I'm terrible (or great) at that. haha

But, I just wanted to complain because the west coast pre-sale must have sold out within like 5 minutes or something. Geesh... I'm just hoping when they do tour, that I'll actually be able to get a ticket to see them! Damn scalpers. Evil or Very Mad

oh, and yeah, that does sound pretty awesome John!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Wow, that's really fast! I hope they figure out something too, like maybe doing will call only, because scalpers are ruining it for the fans. Boo! Evil or Very Mad

I have to leave in a minute for work, but I'll be back in a couple of hours. The girls rest for a little while before gymnastics, so Wednesdays are really easy for me. A quiet day every once in a while is nice. Smile

Adios! wave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next