A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:03 pm

DaleCooper wrote:
Can't get it to play. The site is in German and it tries to get me to login to something every time I try to play the video.

Log in with your facebook. Then when it takes oyu to the enxt page just create a username.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:03 pm

just connect your facebook or somethin to it and it should work.

here comes my man sounds so powerful, sheeit
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:16 pm

Hm.

I... I... don't know. If I liked that. I think this album will require me to learn to like it. And I don't know if I like that. Or something.

I need sleep.
Back to top Go down
DaleCooper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Haha I like how that video was posted almost immediately after my worrisome comment. Mind eased; I really like the sound of "Handwritten."
Back to top Go down
http://jonathanhawkins.net
HelloMyNameIsDrBloodborne
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:28 pm

And so it begins .... and by "it" I mean my probably futile attempt to not listen to any of this.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
And so it begins .... and by "it" I mean my probably futile attempt to not listen to any of this.
I am reading all of your posts in Abed's voice. Never change your avatar.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
It's definitely cool.

Cool. cool. cool.
Back to top Go down
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
Haha. It even sounded like an Abed-y thing to say.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Just listened to Handwritten, the song. I'm on the verge of tears.

Brian Fallon, have my babies, my riches, my heart. JUST TAKE IT ALREADY.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:20 pm

So whats goin on here? Theres a link to a stream of some sorts?
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Dang it! Why did I read this?!?!! WHY? WHY? I don't wanna know this yet... I still have to wait 47 days for the album. Mad

...Well, I'm off to go bang my head on a brick wall now.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:41 pm

wow, the snippets of all 3 unreleased songs are all excellent..... chills were running up my spine durring handwritten!
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Harbortown wrote:

THIS!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:48 pm

I just finished watching the making of video and all I can say is...wow. Every single one of those songs sent a chill down my spine. I about lost it on, "Here Comes My Man". That was so beautiful. I wasn't going to listen to any samples but I couldn't help myself and I don't regret hearing some of the album. I think they just gave you the right amount of time for each song. The songs will still be fresh when we hear them fully. One thing I really love is that they do have a different, bigger sound but you can still hear Gaslight in it. Wow, I can not wait till July 24. PLEASE COME NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Like seriously, if this isn't the album that brings them a helluva lot of fame then I have lost hope in humanity.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 pm

All these clips are great, but "Handwritten" fucking owns. My favorite off that video.

I think "too much blood" was the one Brian said he wrote after seeing Cornell, because there is some serious Soundgarden influence in that riff.

FUCK, this album needs to be out.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm

im holding out. you wouldnt read a few chapters of a book from the middle of it before reading it right? at least thats what im telling myself. ive heard the opener, gots to wait it out.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 pm

The riff is very Soundgarden for sure, but I was surprised (and elated) to hear Brian slip in some distinctly Cornellian vocal tics.

Oh yeah, and CAN'T WAIT for Handwritten!
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 am

JohnnyC wrote:
The riff is very Soundgarden for sure, but I was surprised (and elated) to hear Brian slip in some distinctly Cornellian vocal tics.

What were the vocal tics, like the growling?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 am

crutchfield wrote:
im holding out. you wouldnt read a few chapters of a book from the middle of it before reading it right? at least thats what im telling myself. ive heard the opener, gots to wait it out.

I am glad you have the strength to hold out. As soon as I saw there were samples of songs, i HAD to listen to them. Just so you know, you aren't going to be disappointed at all. You are gonna drop to your knees and scream in joy when you hear these songs when the album comes out.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 am

crutchfield wrote:

A (man? woman?) from my own heart

Let's Hold Steady. High Five
Back to top Go down
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
crutchfield wrote:

I am glad you have the strength to hold out. As soon as I saw there were samples of songs, i HAD to listen to them. Just so you know, you aren't going to be disappointed at all. You are gonna drop to your knees and scream in joy when you hear these songs when the album comes out.
I'm finding it surprisingly easy to stay away so far. I've prepared myself somewhat by making a list of bands I haven't listened to enough of, and I've been saving them for when stuff from the album starts leaking out (now, basically). So from now until the release I'll just pick an album from the list whenever I'm tempted to listen to something from Handwritten. We'll see how it works.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:54 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

What were the vocal tics, like the growling?

That as well as the way he sings "stay the same" is similar to Cornell's croon.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:00 am

Harry Lime wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
crutchfield wrote:

I'm finding it surprisingly easy to stay away so far. I've prepared myself somewhat by making a list of bands I haven't listened to enough of, and I've been saving them for when stuff from the album starts leaking out (now, basically). So from now until the release I'll just pick an album from the list whenever I'm tempted to listen to something from Handwritten. We'll see how it works.

Haha, that sounds like a great idea actually. I hope you are able to stay strong, I am slowly regretting watching that video. Though, at least I know for sure this album won't leave my car cd player for quite a few months. Seems like one of those albums that is great to drive around to during the evening in the summer and fall.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:38 am

oh god that video!!!! so beautiful. need. album. now.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next