A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 pm

simo wrote:
We got American Slang (the song) on a weekday I think because I remember trying to listen to it in the school library. But the album may have leaked on Easter, that sounds about right.

I was referring to the song itself, not the leak. I remember it was Easter weekend when I listened to the stream on myspace! (it has been a long time lol) maybe I'm mixing up when I first heard it with when it first came out lol, my bad! Anyway, I'm sure we'll get SOMETHING soon in the next week or two, something...

On an unrelated note, I loved how Brian mentioned his love for Metallica in the most recent post. That and along with that video of them on the tumblr page playing Iron maiden, it's so cool when your favorite musicians are (surprisingly) fans of your other favorite bands! Not to mention it sounds like Tom Petty is a big influence on this record which is AWESOME. But hey, that's coming from the guy whos favorite song of all time is "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues," and ya'll know how the chorus goes to that one! Smile
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:26 am

I do think that the new album will be quite a new direction for the band. That is what it sounds like from the interviews that have come out. I think the last song on American Slang - We Did It When We Were Young is really a symbol of them leaving their previous work behind. It has a definite end of an era quality about it. I just hope they haven't departed too much from the style they are so good at. At the end of the day though it is The Gaslight Anthem, my favourite band and it makes anticipating the album even more exciting not really knowing what to expect. If the other songs are half as good as Biloxi Parish it will be a phenomenal album Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 am

Christophe wrote:
I do think that the new album will be quite a new direction for the band. That is what it sounds like from the interviews that have come out. I think the last song on American Slang - We Did It When We Were Young is really a symbol of them leaving their previous work behind. It has a definite end of an era quality about it. I just hope they haven't departed too much from the style they are so good at. At the end of the day though it is The Gaslight Anthem, my favourite band and it makes anticipating the album even more exciting not really knowing what to expect. If the other songs are half as good as Biloxi Parish it will be a phenomenal album Smile

I think you're completely right, Christophe. We Did It When We Were Young was definitely a departure from the rest of the AS record, and I think it was the band's way of saying that all of the other songs are from the youth of their career, and now it's time to grow up and do something a little different. And I think it's going to be fantastic! I mean, we already know that Biloxi Parish is absolutely incredible, and going off of that, I think this is going to be an outstanding album.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:14 pm

So pissed off I missed seeing them before this change in direction (however subtle it turns out to be).

Need this album now!
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Everyone desperate to hear new Gaslight material. Watch the single be Biloxi Parish, and us being made to wait even longer for "new" material.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:25 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Everyone desperate to hear new Gaslight material. Watch the single be Biloxi Parish, and us being made to wait even longer for "new" material.

I thought of that too, but I'd actually be okay with Biloxi Parish being the single. It's such a great song and I'm looking forward to hearing the studio version, and the sooner the better!
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

I thought of that too, but I'd actually be okay with Biloxi Parish being the single. It's such a great song and I'm looking forward to hearing the studio version, and the sooner the better!

Yeah it's a decent song but I feel that would be such a tease for the band to do. I'm desperate to hear some other new stuff too.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:32 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

Yeah it's a decent song but I feel that would be such a tease for the band to do. I'm desperate to hear some other new stuff too.

Haha, I think Brian loves to tease us! It wouldn't surprise me at all if we got Biloxi first. I hope he does read some of these posts and gets a kick out of how crazy we all are about his music. Razz
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Well they are supposed to be "Tom Petty songs played by Pearl Jam" ...so maybe Fallon just wants to be like "The Joker."

Although, that would be "Steve Miller Band played by Pearl Jam" ....Rolling Eyes

But, I do agree Shannon. I hope he does actually read some of these posts. haha
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Well they are supposed to be "Tom Petty songs played by Pearl Jam" ...so maybe Fallon just wants to be like "The Joker."

Although, that would be "Steve Miller Band played by Pearl Jam" ....Rolling Eyes

But, I do agree Shannon. I hope he does actually read some of these posts. haha

"I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker..." I love that song! I love you Gaslight could rock some Steve Miller songs. That would be fun!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:50 pm

If they ever busted out Abracadabra live I would literally do this:

scratch

Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 pm

haha, that would be hilarious. i used to listen to Sugar Ray's cover of that on some soundtrack Razz

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Brian does give good tease though. "Nighttime music" ended up being a pretty good description of what was to come on the Horrible Crowes album.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Brian does give good tease though. "Nighttime music" ended up being a pretty good description of what was to come on the Horrible Crowes album.

he gives good tease Razz

yeah, that is a pretty good description!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:08 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
If they ever busted out Abracadabra live I would literally do this:

scratch

Ew, not Abracadabra! That song is kind of creepy. I was thinking 70s Steve Miller, not 80s. Razz
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:25 am

He can sing it like Joey!

"Aaaaaabra.........ca-dah-brah........ wanna reach out........and grab ya..."
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:40 am

PS: if Brian mentions Abracadabra then we know for sure that he's lurking!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 am

njguy99 wrote:
He can sing it like Joey!

"Aaaaaabra.........ca-dah-brah........ wanna reach out........and grab ya..."

njguy99 wrote:
PS: if Brian mentions Abracadabra then we know for sure that he's lurking!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Alright, I haven't been paying any attention to news on the new album. Can somebody maybe sum up everything we know about it in a sentence or two? It would save me from wading through 55 pages of this thread lol. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Jay wrote:
Alright, I haven't been paying any attention to news on the new album. Can somebody maybe sum up everything we know about it in a sentence or two? It would save me from wading through 55 pages of this thread lol. Thanks in advance.

Expected to come out in June, Handwritten has been described by Brian as being Tom Petty songs played by Pearl Jam or Foo Fighters. The guys are extremely excited about this record and all of the songs are very personal and very literal, no characters or hidden meanings.

The track names we know so far are Biloxi Parish, Mae, Here Comes My Man, Too Much Blood, 45, and Handwritten. That leaves five unknown titles.

Hope this helps! Very Happy

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh, and they are doing a show for the new material in may or June. It is mentioned in this thread somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Any news on the single?
I remember hearing American Slang a couple weeks before the leak.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Casey wrote:
Any news on the single?
I remember hearing American Slang a couple weeks before the leak.

Still no news. It can't be long surely.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:27 pm

That's right, and don't call me Shirley.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 pm

theBasemen wrote:
That's right, and don't call me Shirley.

Clap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next