A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:31 pm

vamike wrote:
simo wrote:
stephendgaf wrote:
and i know we can never really trust what brian says things will sound like but tom petty songs played by foo fighters sounds right up my alley.

That sounds not up my alley at all haha but I'm sure I'll like it.

yup, Foo Fighters are BS

I love the bands I love because they don't sound like the Foo Fighters

Wtf man. How can you even say that?! Foo Fighters are incredible.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Camus wrote:
vamike wrote:
simo wrote:
stephendgaf wrote:
and i know we can never really trust what brian says things will sound like but tom petty songs played by foo fighters sounds right up my alley.

yup, Foo Fighters are BS

Ok I am going to be a little controversial again here and say that honestly I find the Foo Fighters boring.
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Christophe wrote:
Camus wrote:
vamike wrote:
simo wrote:
stephendgaf wrote:

yup, Foo Fighters are BS

Ok I am going to be a little controversial again here and say that honestly I find the Foo Fighters boring.

I say that there old stuff like the self titled and the Colour and the Shape are where it is at. Wasting Light... not so much.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:18 pm

I didn't like the last album Brendan O'Brien did so that makes me a little worried, but then again, it's TGA so I'm sure it'll be nothing short of magnificent.

I'm off to America for a bit around June so if the album comes out then it'd be awesome to have when I'm travelling around.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:55 pm

J_Bizness wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Camus wrote:
vamike wrote:
simo wrote:
stephendgaf wrote:

yup, Foo Fighters are BS

I say that there old stuff like the self titled and the Colour and the Shape are where it is at. Wasting Light... not so much.

guess i'm the weird one here, i think wasting light is their best material yet.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 pm

Foo Fighters are one of the bands that got me into music and i still like them now, Brian aint gonna sound like Mr Grohl anytime soon, Alex aint goona sound like Shifflet or Pat Smear in the near future, Benny is no Taylor and Alex isnt a Mendel man, Brian probably just means Petty with a bit more ooomph and some modern production.
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 pm

I can only agree, Holland!

Plus, I don't think it's fair to say FF suck.
Dave Grohl is part of music history and also THE man. And that's about the only thing I slightly dislike. They could also be named Dave Grohl & Band, except if you see the bigger picture they are a band full of great musicians. I would even say Taylor Hawkins has become a better drummer than grohl, which is a fiiiiine drummer hinmself (obviously).

K, got carried away there. FF don't suck. Period!
Sorry for OT-ing
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 am

Handwritten, right?
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:47 am

ANYWAY... lol
If I remember correctly, we first heard American Slang the weekend of Easter.... eh? eh?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 am

We got American Slang (the song) on a weekday I think because I remember trying to listen to it in the school library. But the album may have leaked on Easter, that sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:49 am

I really hope the rumour that it is coming out in June is true and I really hope we get a single before the end of April. It's killing me waiting!
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:51 am

according to wiki...american slang recorded feb 1 - march 1. the single was posted on march 23.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:22 am

stephendgaf wrote:
according to wiki...american slang recorded feb 1 - march 1. the single was posted on march 23.

Yep that sounds about right. So why do we have to wait so much longer this time when they finished recording earlier than they did with American Slang? scratch
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 am

Christophe wrote:
So why do we have to wait so much longer this time when they finished recording earlier than they did with American Slang? scratch

Different label, different rules...
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 am

stephendgaf wrote:
J_Bizness wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Camus wrote:
vamike wrote:
simo wrote:
stephendgaf wrote:

yup, Foo Fighters are BS

guess i'm the weird one here, i think wasting light is their best material yet.

Wasting Light is the best CD since Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:22 pm

New blog is up @ the tumblr!!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:23 pm

He's totally been stalking the comments about his hair Razz
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Haha, again I'm getting crazy... I really need to stop checking this forum and that blog... I just ate my shoe. I have got to evacuate this room, before there will be more casualties...

Give me some antidote Gaslight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:37 pm

i'm excited about this album, and i'm sure there will be great material on it. have you all listened to the cover brian did of INXS's 'never tear us apart'? my god his voice is crazy amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:54 pm

STOP TEASING US! affraid
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Christophe wrote:
Camus wrote:
vamike wrote:
simo wrote:
stephendgaf wrote:

yup, Foo Fighters are BS

I couldn't agree more. Totally boring imho. Like Against Me's new material.
Back to top Go down
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
i'm excited about this album, and i'm sure there will be great material on it. have you all listened to the cover brian did of INXS's 'never tear us apart'? my god his voice is crazy amazing!

agreed. amazing cover!

Quote :
Tell Chris Cornell Iím all over Ed Vedís part if he wants to cover Hunger Strike on any of the dates we do together!

THIS WOULD BRING TEARS TO MY EYES. TEARSSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Kropotkin wrote:

I know! When I first heard that the Ladykiller B Side was an INXS song, I wasn't sure what to think because I have never been a fan of theirs...but Brian blew me away. He made that song sound so cool and so current. And his voice sounded unbelievable! I love you
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:08 pm

With all these references to Tom Petty I think one of the covers they have recorded is American Girl. I would love them to record a faster version of it. I think they have played it live once or twice as well. I think this song would suit Gaslight perfectly.
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 pm

How do you guys think they'll release these cover songs that have been mentioned?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next