A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 44
Location : Lincolnshire

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Surely Benny will tell us on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Brooklyn Vegan claims the Brooklyn show is being used to preview new material even though they read the same announcement we all did. Though obviously it'd make sense a couple new ones will be played.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/04/the_gaslight_an_4.html


Of course I was joking! Abracadabra's lyrics are a little bit graphic compared to how Gaslight/Brian usually express themselves. Though who doesn't want to hear Brian sing about black panties with an angel's face (?) Wink That'd just be weird.


Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Brooklyn Vegan claims the Brooklyn show is being used to preview new material even though they read the same announcement we all did. Though obviously it'd make sense a couple new ones will be played.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/04/the_gaslight_an_4.html


Of course I was joking! Abracadabra's lyrics are a little bit graphic compared to how Gaslight/Brian usually express themselves. Though who doesn't want to hear Brian sing about black panties with an angel's face (?) Wink That'd just be weird.



Haha, I knew you had to be joking. That would be the weirdest thing ever, but then again I never thought Brian would cover a Katy Perry song...so I guess you never know! Razz
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:27 am

Casey wrote:
Any news on the single?
I remember hearing American Slang a couple weeks before the leak.

AS the single came out sometime in April if I believe. I hope they put out a single soon, the waiting is killing me. And I know leaks usually get stuff out a couple weeks ahead of time. I suspect in May we will be seeing a single.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 950
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 37
Location : Union, NJ

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:


Haha, I knew you had to be joking. That would be the weirdest thing ever, but then again I never thought Brian would cover a Katy Perry song...so I guess you never know! Razz

I was picking up a pizza yesterday and this song came on the radio. I had to think for a moment - "this sounds familiar...hmmm..." - before I realized it was the original Katy Perry version of Teenage Dream!

Darn you Brian! Darn you!

geek
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:55 am

I hope Katy Perry thanked them for making her song interesting enough to listen to.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 pm

njguy99 wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:


Haha, I knew you had to be joking. That would be the weirdest thing ever, but then again I never thought Brian would cover a Katy Perry song...so I guess you never know! Razz

I was picking up a pizza yesterday and this song came on the radio. I had to think for a moment - "this sounds familiar...hmmm..." - before I realized it was the original Katy Perry version of Teenage Dream!

Darn you Brian! Darn you!

geek

haha, you're like "who ruined this song?! ohhh...wait"
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 710
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:10 pm

With each day I get more and more restless checking back and finding no news about the album...That "June release date" that Rolling Stone claimed just seems kinda weird to me, like we should have gotten more official statements by now if it were true.


Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
With each day I get more and more restless checking back and finding no news about the album...That "June release date" that Rolling Stone claimed just seems kinda weird to me, like we should have gotten more official statements by now if it were true.



Yep I feel the same. They are leaving announcements late if the June release date is true.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Christophe wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
With each day I get more and more restless checking back and finding no news about the album...That "June release date" that Rolling Stone claimed just seems kinda weird to me, like we should have gotten more official statements by now if it were true.



Yep I feel the same. They are leaving announcements late if the June release date is true.

I'm beginning to think this too. I am driving myself crazy checking for updates...and nothing. I'm still hoping for June, but that's only like, 8 weeks away, and I would think we would have had some news by now.
Back to top Go down
holdonnow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:51 pm

I've been thinking that for the last few weeks! I don't see how this is a June release. American Slang was a July release (I believe) and I'm pretty sure I already had a leaked version of the album at this time. I'm expecting an Aug./Sept. release but I hope I am very wrong and Rolling Stones is correct.

The only thing I could think of is that Brian seems to HATE leaks so much that maybe the band is purposely waiting to avoid leakage of the album, but to be honest I doubt it, considering it's a major label and they probably have more to do with the release date and stuff than what TGA does. Plus, it seems like with major label releases that stuff is announced even earlier than independent records, so if this were a June release I think we should already have a single (or very very soon) and should've had the tracklisting 2-3 weeks ago.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 25
Location : Columbia, Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:06 pm

American Slang was a June release. It leaked super early though, you're right. When they tweeted about sending the masters off they mentioned a "warm release day" so that would imply summer.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 26
Location : Winnipeg, Manitoba

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:21 am

I am also getting a little worried about this June release date... Can't believe nothing has really surfaced yet, officially. Craving some summer Gaslight!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:39 am

I still can't see this being a 'festivals & support dates' release, despite the odd headline gigs in Europe.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:33 am

steady now steady now wrote:
I still can't see this being a 'festivals & support dates' release, despite the odd headline gigs in Europe.

What's your guess on when we'll see the single and album released, Steady Now?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:34 am

I am still hopeful of a June release and one of the reasons is that Amy MacDonald only announced last Friday that her new album would be coming out on 11 June and I believe her record label is Mercury/Vertigo. There's still hope guys.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:40 am

Christophe wrote:
I am still hopeful of a June release and one of the reasons is that Amy MacDonald only announced last Friday that her new album would be coming out on 11 June and I believe her record label is Mercury/Vertigo. There's still hope guys.

Hey, a glimmer of hope for June! Thanks Christophe! Razz
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:43 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
I am still hopeful of a June release and one of the reasons is that Amy MacDonald only announced last Friday that her new album would be coming out on 11 June and I believe her record label is Mercury/Vertigo. There's still hope guys.

Hey, a glimmer of hope for June! Thanks Christophe! Razz

No problem Shannon just trying to keep the torch alight Laughing
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 710
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 pm

I say this is the week we get news if there is indeed a June release date. If there's no news a week from now, I'm giving up on June.


Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:41 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
I say this is the week we get news if there is indeed a June release date. If there's no news a week from now, I'm giving up on June.



A week ago Brian said in the next few weeks exciting news. So I really hope we do hear something this week. Surely even if it's just a track listing!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Christophe wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
I say this is the week we get news if there is indeed a June release date. If there's no news a week from now, I'm giving up on June.



A week ago Brian said in the next few weeks exciting news. So I really hope we do hear something this week. Surely even if it's just a track listing!

I would be thrilled with a track listing at this point! There are five songs we don't know the titles too, right?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:47 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
I say this is the week we get news if there is indeed a June release date. If there's no news a week from now, I'm giving up on June.



A week ago Brian said in the next few weeks exciting news. So I really hope we do hear something this week. Surely even if it's just a track listing!

I would be thrilled with a track listing at this point! There are five songs we don't know the titles too, right?

I think so yeah. One thing I've read said there are 11 tracks but an earlier one I read said 12. I hope there's 12. I was almost certain we would have heard something by the end of last week and it didn't happen! It's got to a point now where I can't eat or sleep!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Christophe wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
I say this is the week we get news if there is indeed a June release date. If there's no news a week from now, I'm giving up on June.



A week ago Brian said in the next few weeks exciting news. So I really hope we do hear something this week. Surely even if it's just a track listing!

I would be thrilled with a track listing at this point! There are five songs we don't know the titles too, right?

I think so yeah. One thing I've read said there are 11 tracks but an earlier one I read said 12. I hope there's 12. I was almost certain we would have heard something by the end of last week and it didn't happen! It's got to a point now where I can't eat or sleep!

Haha, you're funny! I don't sleep much anyway, and this certainly isn't helping! As far as eating goes...for some reason I have been craving brownies and "aged, mature cheddar" ever since yesterday! Wink

I remember reading that there would be 11 tracks recently, but I also think I read 12 at some point, so that's why I asked. I thought maybe I was finally going insane, haha! I hope there's 12 too. It's a better number. 11 seems like an odd number of songs for an album. scratch
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:58 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
I say this is the week we get news if there is indeed a June release date. If there's no news a week from now, I'm giving up on June.



A week ago Brian said in the next few weeks exciting news. So I really hope we do hear something this week. Surely even if it's just a track listing!

I would be thrilled with a track listing at this point! There are five songs we don't know the titles too, right?

I think so yeah. One thing I've read said there are 11 tracks but an earlier one I read said 12. I hope there's 12. I was almost certain we would have heard something by the end of last week and it didn't happen! It's got to a point now where I can't eat or sleep!

Haha, you're funny! I don't sleep much anyway, and this certainly isn't helping! As far as eating goes...for some reason I have been craving brownies and "aged, mature cheddar" ever since yesterday! Wink

I remember reading that there would be 11 tracks recently, but I also think I read 12 at some point, so that's why I asked. I thought maybe I was finally going insane, haha! I hope there's 12 too. It's a better number. 11 seems like an odd number of songs for an album. scratch

Haha aged mature cheddar was funny. I always feel slightly short changed when a band releases a 10 track album. 11 is obviously better than 10 but I think 12 is about the perfect length for an album really. I'm sure they have cut out some really great songs as well that just weren't as great as some of the others. I hope there is a few bonus tracks with the album.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Bonus tracks would be great! And I'm thrilled that Benny said there would still be vinyl variants! I don't collect all of the variants, but I love records and like knowing that I can get at least one vinyl copy of the album. Exciting stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Wayne Rooney [Looks like Mr Potatohead -is a total tosspot)] Thread
» Ryan Giggs (is a twat) thread.
» Amy Fitzpatrick - Main Thread.....................
» New EC Thread
» VIDEO - McCanns on ITV LORRAINE May 2nd 2012

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: