A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

romance issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:45 pm

steph wrote:
LORRAINE

i'm watching Savage U and one kid asked if oral sex counts as real sex.

am i fucking crazy or is oral sex more intense/personal than intercourse?

OF COURSE IT FUCKING COUNTS AS SEX!!!!!!

...at least, to me.

I pretty much count a whole grouping of activities under the title "Sexytime" which yeah, I consider to all be sex. I think the actual act that can lead to babies is as close to a person as you can get, so to me that's the most intense thing.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
The Poet Jonah wrote:
My girlfriend told me the other night she didn't think I was responsible enough to have a family with. We've been dating 7 months!!!! she thinks this because I don't have a job and can't take her out places like other couples do, I'm interning at a radio station trying to get a job there. I can't get a job because I want to make a good impression on the radio station. things haven't been the same since she told me. It's like, I feel like shit guys, I want to make her happy, i love her. But right now I can't and it kills me. money has never and will never mean anything to me but this internship is important because it's my foot in the door on the radio industry, the other night she called it a "kind of a job". How do you continue to date and love someone who is completely unhappy with you and who you are?

Oh man, Cody, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Your girlfriend should realize that an internship can be a huge stepping stone to breaking into a field, especially one in the entertainment industry (i.e. radio, TV, film, etc.). And if you are enjoying what you are doing and it's part of your plan for what you want to do in the future, don't let anyone talk you into giving it up.

This might sound idealistic or whatever, but I think that when people are in a relationship, they should support each other (goals and dreams included) and not try to change who the other person is. No one should make the person they love feel like crap - ever. I hope this doesn't come across as cold or harsh because that's not how I mean it at all, but maybe if your girlfriend is that concerned about money and jobs and going out and you're not, and she's not accepting you for the person you are, maybe you guys aren't right for each other. Sad

Couldn't have said it better!

Funny cus I was just watching Seinfeld last night and he had a whole bit about how he thinks a man's job can make or break whether a woman will fall for him, so that's why guys lie about what they do for a living (?!)
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 pm

plugga wrote:
she's 21 and she worries about HAVING A FAMILY WITH YOU?
jesus.

And after 7 months of dating! Shocked

EDIT: Also, at 21 you're pretty much supposed to be interning, not earning a full time salary. This chick is thinking way too far ahead!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 pm

This is still confusing, I kinda wish women were a bit more forward if they liked a guy. I would love to be able to read a women's mind....I really don't feel like looking like a fool should I ask her out. I mean, I have two women who have some sort of feelings for me, I mean they want me around, and like my company....Eh, I guess I will see where this goes?
Back to top Go down
The Poet Jonah
Wooderson
Wooderson

Location : Chattanooga, the cousin nobody invites to the family reunion

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:48 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
plugga wrote:
jesus.

EDIT: Also, at 21 you're pretty much supposed to be interning, not earning a full time salary. This chick is thinking way too far ahead!

no kidding I was like, "what do you want from me? you want me to go build you a crib for our babies we'll have in the future?!?!"
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Really? Why does everyone want kids in their 20's? In the 20's we are supposed to just be starting out in life, not settled down with kids/family. I mean really....Like I said before, there is a huge pregnancy spur among the people I graduated with in 2010....about 10 girls are pregnant, have the kid, or plan to have a kid soon. I believe probably late 20's or early 30's are the best time for kids..
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Jimmy, you shouldn't have to look like a fool. You need to stop looking for love and just let it come naturally. No one really asks a girl out. That's sort of high school stuff. Just keep spending time with a girl and if she likes you back she will want to spend time with you and you will know how she feels. These things just happen naturally. It definitely won't happen if you are constantly looking for it....

**Creepily backs out of romance thread I don't deserve to give advice in**
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Rizz1048 wrote:
Jimmy, you shouldn't have to look like a fool. You need to stop looking for love and just let it come naturally. No one really asks a girl out. That's sort of high school stuff. Just keep spending time with a girl and if she likes you back she will want to spend time with you and you will know how she feels. These things just happen naturally. It definitely won't happen if you are constantly looking for it....

You're talking a lot of sense. Come back more often.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Rizz1048 wrote:

I mean, I would love to see more of a sign....something that makes it a bit obvious of her feelings...or if she wants to stay friends...
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:14 pm

The Poet Jonah wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
plugga wrote:
jesus.

no kidding I was like, "what do you want from me? you want me to go build you a crib for our babies we'll have in the future?!?!"

ahahah seriously that is insane!!

also uhm can I just say that I enjoy the company of many of my male friends but THAT DOESN'T MEAN I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM OTHERWISE I'D HAVE A THOUSAND BOYFRIENDS. okay.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:32 pm

The Poet Jonah wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
plugga wrote:
jesus.

She's stirring up trouble when I think she is the one who is the weak link here, not you and your job.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Rizz1048 wrote:

STAY!

My friend said when he and his wife started going out there was no official conversation about "What are we?" They were best friends, they were attracted to each other, they just spent all their time together and knew.

You know the term "unlearn"? That's what happens to you when you go out in the dating world. You realize it's nothing like a John Hughes movie, there are no rules and true love isn't an emotional roller coaster.

Can I say, to anyone in general before Deb yells at me, that it's not good to get your hopes up for a relationship just cus a girl/guy looks at you, hangs out with you, hugs you, kisses you, has sex with you. There are no "signs he/she likes me". It is what it is. Your dynamic with your mate is either right or it isn't.

Can't keep giving this advice...so long... for so long... Sorry. Too much Tim Barry.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:48 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Rizz1048 wrote:

You realize it's nothing like a John Hughes movie, there are no rules and true love isn't an emotional roller coaster.
someone was watching Easy A rescently Wink
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:52 pm

No I went out lived my life, invested myself in losers and came back here to tell the tales! LOL

And I did see Easy A recently, but I don't remember her saying that Razz

Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:27 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
steph wrote:
LORRAINE

i'm watching Savage U and one kid asked if oral sex counts as real sex.

am i fucking crazy or is oral sex more intense/personal than intercourse?

OF COURSE IT FUCKING COUNTS AS SEX!!!!!!

...at least, to me.

I pretty much count a whole grouping of activities under the title "Sexytime" which yeah, I consider to all be sex. I think the actual act that can lead to babies is as close to a person as you can get, so to me that's the most intense thing.

yeah, i agree with the last sentence!
not that i don't also agree with the first sentence. anyways.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:52 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Rizz1048 wrote:

STAY!

My friend said when he and his wife started going out there was no official conversation about "What are we?" They were best friends, they were attracted to each other, they just spent all their time together and knew.
Ding! We have a winner....

I mean it's not common sense
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:13 pm

the cashier at Trader Joe's yesterday was pretty cute.
that's the closest i've come to having anything whatsoever to do with romance in ages Razz
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Rizz1048 wrote:

STAY!

You know the term "unlearn"? That's what happens to you when you go out in the dating world. You realize it's nothing like a John Hughes movie, there are no rules and true love isn't an emotional roller coaster.

Can I say, to anyone in general before Deb yells at me, that it's not good to get your hopes up for a relationship just cus a girl/guy looks at you, hangs out with you, hugs you, kisses you, has sex with you. There are no "signs he/she likes me". It is what it is. Your dynamic with your mate is either right or it isn't.

Can't keep giving this advice...so long... for so long... Sorry. Too much Tim Barry.

RAWR RAWR RAWR "GET OFF OF MY LAWN LONG HAIR!"

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Pridevsprose
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 pm

steph wrote:
that's the closest i've come to having anything whatsoever to do with romance in ages Razz

GO flirt steph
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 pm

[quote="Debonair"]
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

WHAT LOL

About the signs- I just meant that it's not good to evaluate a person's every move and think it means something, cus then every day will be up and down for you. "She answers my calls every day. She likes me!" then the one day she doesn't answer your call, even if cus she was legit busy, you'll think "Oh. She doesn't like me." You gotta see the big picture and for there to even be a big picture, time is necessary to get to know someone to even have a big picture to see. Why am I trying to explain. It will be ignored. I like typing posts for the hell of it wheeeeee!

Steph- I hear ya Sad
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:47 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Debonair wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

WHAT LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bQiIZXC9I

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:38 am

OH duh.

Here's how old I am- I thought of "Get out of the car long hair!" from Poison's "Your Mama Don't Dance" first. Fail.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:20 pm

steph wrote:
ask him out ya sap
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:27 pm

As of last night Brian from Lucero is following me on Instagram. This means his singer Ben Nichols and I are dating now, right?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:28 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
As of last night Brian from Lucero is following me on Instagram. This means his singer Ben Nichols and I are dating now, right?

of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   

Back to top Go down

romance issues
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next