A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hi from the state of WA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 am

Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. I discovered TGA when they were playing T59S on our local radio station a bunch and had to check them out. So, I bought the album and from there it was pretty much history. I'd always been a Flogging Molly fan...into different genres...so from listening to TGA it was like it was "meant to be" I guess you could say. Eventually I picked up SaTQ and SOS and have been hooked on them since.

I just have to say I LOVE this website! Finally, a place where I can express my ridiculous obsession to The Gaslight Anthem AND people will actually UNDERSTAND me!! Smile Much thanks to whoever created this website! Clap

Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:18 am

welcome, officially! wave

you can be as ridiculous as you want here, in fact we tend to prefer that. although we may occasionally smack you in the head with a frying pan Frying Pan

by the way, that is so cool that you got to see them on your birthday! that would be the best birthday present ever.

oh and what is your real name??
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:50 am

Thank ya! Yeah, this is definitely one of my top two favorite sites.

Sweet... yeah, everyone seems pretty friendly here. Much like the good folk ya meet at Gaslight concerts! haha I'll try to watch out for those frying pans!

Yeah...it was definitely the best B-day present ever... ever ever. That's pretty sweet you got to meet Brian...admittedly I'm a bit jealous. I hope to meet him or Alex Rosamilia one day.

Oh, and my real name is Konrad. Thanks for asking. Did you see them when they played at the Marquee last time?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:55 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Thank ya! Yeah, this is definitely one of my top two favorite sites.

Sweet... yeah, everyone seems pretty friendly here. Much like the good folk ya meet at Gaslight concerts! haha I'll try to watch out for those frying pans!

Yeah...it was definitely the best B-day present ever... ever ever. That's pretty sweet you got to meet Brian...admittedly I'm a bit jealous. I hope to meet him or Alex Rosamilia one day.

Oh, and my real name is Konrad. Thanks for asking. Did you see them when they played at the Marquee last time?

Okay, Konrad...are you a Kardashian? Razz

well, yeah, i've met him once or twice, but i don't like small talk, so it's always kind of a weird thing for me to approach someone because i like (love) their music...but yeah, he's always been really nice and friendly, but Benny is the most outgoing i would say! it was probably easier meeting them a couple years ago, but even maybe two years ago? i think, i talked to Brian for a sec and got his photo after a show at The Wiltern in LA, which is a much bigger venue than i first saw them play at, so who knows!

yes of course i did! i'm trying to remember that show specifically, all the shows kind of blend together in my mind!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:05 am

Haha No, pretty sure I'm not a Kardashian...at least last time I checked I wasn't.

Dang...that's awesome. You must have their autographs then? Haha, that's gotta be a stupid question. Yeah, Benny seems like the outgoing type, just from seeing a few interviews. I might have to solicit you on some tips for meeting them... haha

Yeah, their shows do kind of blend together (at least depending on how many drinks you have). haha I just remember Chamberlain was good too, so it made for a good show. Although, all their supporting acts are usually pretty good. Anyway...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:10 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Haha No, pretty sure I'm not a Kardashian...at least last time I checked I wasn't.

Dang...that's awesome. You must have their autographs then? Haha, that's gotta be a stupid question. Yeah, Benny seems like the outgoing type, just from seeing a few interviews. I might have to solicit you on some tips for meeting them... haha

Yeah, their shows do kind of blend together (at least depending on how many drinks you have). haha I just remember Chamberlain was good too, so it made for a good show. Although, all their supporting acts are usually pretty good. Anyway...

okay, phew, that might have been a problem... Razz

i got Brian and Alex L. to autograph a poster i got-- i spoke to Benny and Alex R. later that night, but didn't have them sign my poster for some reason. and then i have another poster that Brian signed. haha, basically, just wait around before/after the show! like i said, i'm sure it changes as the venues they play get larger, they may not hang around front like they did at one of the shows i did, but The Wiltern was a big venue, and Brian came out back afterwards cause he knew there were a few people waiting. they're really nice guys, so...it's not hard. Very Happy

i have to say, i have been pretty impressed with their opening bands, they are almost always awesome, they never suck.

and i should clarify that their shows blending together is not a reflection on them...it's just the way my memory works! and having seen them ten times in the span of about two years.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:28 am

Laughing Ok... glad I make the cut then.

Holy crap! Ten times in about two years??! Shocked That's... just... amazing. They definitely would blend together then.

That's cool you have and autographed poster. Yeah, I figured if I got an autographed vinyl of theirs then I could make a bunch of money on ebay for it. But, then again, I probably wouldn't sell it. I'd frame it. Smile Yeah, I hung out outside the Marquee when I was there for awhile afterwards... but there were some of those black shirt guys that told us that we couldn't stay there. I'm sure if I stayed like a half hour longer I mighta had a chance. They do all seem pretty personable.

I'll just have to be more persistent. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:36 am

eh, it just seems weird that i haven't seen them in so long! when i love a band, it's like impossible for me not to see them somehow, someway. the first time i saw them, here in AZ, no one was into them, so i went alone, then i went home and told my brother he was driving to New Mexico with me the next day to see them. i also called my friend in Texas who i'd gotten into Gaslight, and convinced her to call off work three days, and we met up in LA, flew to Georgia, saw them there, slept in the airport, drove to North Carolina the next morning, saw them there, drove back to Georgia, and headed home. last minute kind of thing. i miss doing that! it's been too long. Gaslight is totally worth it, though.

if you sold an autographed Gaslight vinyl, i would pay out of my own pocket to fly up to where you live and kick you in the balls mercilessly until you begged for mercy. just, so you know, ya know?

the marquee sucks.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:07 am

Ah, yeah... I know what ya mean. I haven't seen them since 9/2010 and it seems like forever. I really wish I coulda gone to a Horrible Crowes show. But, I am definitely seeing them this year!! Even if I have to fly to Arizona again... or Chicago... or Jersey... etc, etc.

That sounds like an awesome Gaslight road trip experience. Yeah, when I was getting into Flogging Molly I drove 8 hours over a mountain pass to see them cause a section of road was closed from flooding.. and my friend and I drove 8 hours back the same night. haha It was definitely worth it tho. (As it would be for Gaslight for sure).

And, okay... I promise, if I ever get an autographed Gaslight record, that I won't ever ever EVER sell it! Laughing (I just saw a THC signed album selling for 300 on ebay...but still...)
I would like to have kids someday.

And, yeah... I think the theater is okay. But, the black t-shirt guys suck. I'd like them a lot better if they wore blue jeans and White t-shirts at the very least. Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:15 am

it feels like forever since i've seen Gaslight Crying or Very sad

yeah it was pretty goddamn awesome. not sure it would have been worth it for Flogging Molly, though Razz

good, glad to see i've scared you into some sense Very Happy

anyways, go post a photo of yourself in the "Post a Photo of Yourself" thread and come join us in Spam as well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ryan!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:24 am

Stop complaining about time taken between seeing Gaslight! I've only had the privilege of seeing them once Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:53 am

Hey Konrad! My name's Sarah. Welcome to the forum!!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 am

Hi Konrad, I'm Shannon. Welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks guys! You all rock...mostly because you're GLA addicts like me... Laughing but, no I'm sure even if you weren't we'd be friends. Smile
...you just might not have stopped someone from beating me up in an alleyway. But now I'm sure you would! Right?!

I promise Not to complain anymore Ryan! And cheer up bud, at least once is better than not at all?
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh, and Steph...no bashing of the Flogging Molly on here. Otherwise...I'll Never See The Likes Of You Again! Laughing
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:10 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Oh, and Steph...no bashing of the Flogging Molly on here. Otherwise...I'll Never See The Likes Of You Again! Laughing
Frying Pan i do what i want! Basketball that's me bouncing your head around after i've smashed it off w/ the frying pan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ryan!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:07 am

Haha that's true! Hopefully they're back in Australia soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 am

Whereabouts of WA? Close enough to Seattle that you'll be going to the Lucero and/or Fakey Ps and/or Menzingers shows at the end of the month?
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:59 pm

WHAT? Lucero is coming?!?! OMG...I hope I can make that! I'll have to see tho. I live in Spokane and unfortunately am dealing with an injured knee. Sad

Oh, and now I have to go look for my head 'cause apparently Steph smashed it off w/a frying pan.
Thanks Steph. Sad
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Cool any time, pal
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Oh great....we're already pals? I should probably fear for my life! Shocked
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 pm

be nice... Hug
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Aww.... Okay. Smile

Just take it easy on the Frying Pan s ....If that's at all possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the state of WA   

Back to top Go down

Hi from the state of WA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1