A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:55 pm

I really hope either of these don't come off as offensive but I was extremely surprised to find out that Brian never had any drug or drinking problem. It just seems almost "standard" for anybody in rock 'n roll to have some sort of problem with something like that. I was also extremely surprised to find out that TGA (or at least one or two people) are quite religious. I just didn't expect any of that. Again, I don't want this to come off as offensive but I was surprised about those things.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:57 pm

I was surprised when I found out how much younger Alex L was than the rest of the band
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:59 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
I was surprised when I found out how much younger Alex L was than the rest of the band
Relevant: I was surprised to find out Brian's age. I don't know if I just related to T59S too much but I felt like he was between 24-26 at the time. he also looks quite younger. Edit: How old is Alex L?
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:00 pm

I was also surprised when I realized that Alex R only had tats to his elbows. Just from seeing Brian so much, you kind of think of everyone else as having full sleeves.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 pm

The lack of swearing in songs. I mean, It seems to come along with being not mainstream, the language sems to be a little more colorful. I am not complaining about it, it just plesantly shocks me.
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 pm

JimmyB wrote:
The lack of swearing in songs. I mean, It seems to come along with being not mainstream, the language sems to be a little more colorful. I am not complaining about it, it just plesantly shocks me.
Wow, I have never realized that. I feel like I know every song by heart and can't remember even a "damn" being said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?   

Back to top Go down

What has surprised you about TGA or anyone in the band?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1