A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hi from the Netherlands!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi y'all!

I'm Nicole and I'm from the Netherlands.
I'm 19 years old and i'm a HUGE TGA fan. Even though I've only know them for about.. almost 2 years now.
I've seen the band once, at Pinkpop and even though it was at a festival, it was awesome.
Couple of months ago I went to The Revival Tour. And it's the most amazing, wonderful gig I've ever been to. I want to go back in time, to that day. Everyday again.
And ever since I've been listening to TGA, The Horrible Crowes and Brian Fallon himself non-stop. Everything Brian does is amazing. Everything. So that makes The Gaslight Anthem my favourite band of all times.

Ehm. Thinks that's all.

Oh! Brian Fallon = legend. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/n1collie
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Welcome Nicole, if you're a huge fan you'll fit perfectly here. This place is alot of fun, even when were not talking about gaslight. Very Happy

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi Nicole! Welcome to the forum! Everyone around here thinks Brian is a legend too, so you definitely came to the right place. You are so lucky that you made it to a Revival show! I have also been a huge fan for a couple of years now, and I still haven't made it to a TGA/THC/Brian concert.

What's your favorite Gaslight song?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:08 pm

welcome nicole!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Nicole!

We have a few Dutch people that are on here every now and then but it's always nice to see a new face : ) Where you from?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Fuck we are a friendly and welcoming bunch.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Hiiiiiii. Avoid spam unless you want to have every last second of spare time taken away from you (it's fun Razz)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Camus wrote:
Hiiiiiii. Avoid spam unless you want to have every last second of spare time taken away from you (it's fun Razz)

Haha, yes, the spam thread is a fun and dangerous place! It's where you want to go to get to know some of the regulars on the forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Hello Nicole! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Wow, thank you all, guys! Smile I really appreciate the welcoming sounds/words. ^^

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Hi Nicole! Welcome to the forum! Everyone around here thinks Brian is a legend too, so you definitely came to the right place. You are so lucky that you made it to a Revival show! I have also been a huge fan for a couple of years now, and I still haven't made it to a TGA/THC/Brian concert.

Oh, that's too bad! I really hope you'll be able to see them soon! You'll have the night of your night. Believe me. Wink
Ooe, tough one. Don't really have a favourite Gaslight song, love all of them. Lately I've been listening a lot to 1930 and American Slang, but I cannot say those are my favourite songs. Do you have a favourite song?

Back to top Go down
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:35 pm

loazis wrote:
Hi Nicole!

We have a few Dutch people that are on here every now and then but it's always nice to see a new face : ) Where you from?

Ah, that's awesome! Very Happy I'm from Krommenie, but I bet you haven't ever heard of it, because it's some small village you cannot even see with an microscope. :') Near Amsterdam, in Zaanstad. Where are you from?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:46 pm

n_nicole wrote:
Wow, thank you all, guys! Smile I really appreciate the welcoming sounds/words. ^^

Oh, that's too bad! I really hope you'll be able to see them soon! You'll have the night of your night. Believe me. Wink
Ooe, tough one. Don't really have a favourite Gaslight song, love all of them. Lately I've been listening a lot to 1930 and American Slang, but I cannot say those are my favourite songs. Do you have a favourite song?

It's hard to pick a favorite, isn't it? I went back and forth until AS came out, then I heard Bring It On and I knew I had found my favorite Gaslight song. I was going through a very horrible time with a member of my family the summer AS was released, and the lines So give me the fevers that just won't break/ And give me the children you don't want to raise hit me really hard. I just love everything about Bring It On. Red At Night is my next favorite because Brian could have written it about me. I have personal connections to so many of these songs, it's just crazy.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:51 pm

n_nicole wrote:
loazis wrote:
Hi Nicole!

Ah, that's awesome! Very Happy I'm from Krommenie, but I bet you haven't ever heard of it, because it's some small village you cannot even see with an microscope. :') Near Amsterdam, in Zaanstad. Where are you from?
I've heard of it Wink I'm from Middelburg (Zeeland) originally but moved to Utrecht last week (op kamer ^^).

Revival Tour in De Duif was so amazing, seeing those guys in that setting truly was religious in a way.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:52 pm

I am jealous of your hair, JUST SAYIN!
Back to top Go down
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:06 pm

plugga wrote:

Ah, thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:08 pm

loazis wrote:
n_nicole wrote:
loazis wrote:
Hi Nicole!

I've heard of it Wink I'm from Middelburg (Zeeland) originally but moved to Utrecht last week (op kamer ^^).

Revival Tour in De Duif was so amazing, seeing those guys in that setting truly was religious in a way.

Oh, okay! Wauw, I'm impressed ^^
Ah, awesome! Utrecht is a wonderful city, don't you think? I've studied there last year, but not anymore:P I really miss the city. It's been a while since last time I've been there. What are you studying? Smile
Back to top Go down
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:17 pm

n_nicole wrote:

It's hard to pick a favorite, isn't it? I went back and forth until AS came out, then I heard Bring It On and I knew I had found my favorite Gaslight song. I was going through a very horrible time with a member of my family the summer AS was released, and the lines So give me the fevers that just won't break/ And give me the children you don't want to raise hit me really hard. I just love everything about Bring It On. Red At Night is my next favorite because Brian could have written it about me. I have personal connections to so many of these songs, it's just crazy.

I could swear I've sent an answer just a minute ago, but can't seem to find it. o_O

Yeah, it really is, they have so many good songs! Oh, that sucks. Sad I hope everything is okay now with you and your family member?
Yeah, Bring It On used to be my favourite song for a while, but then I started listening to their other stuff more. Razz I love those lines (So give me the fevers that just won't break/ And give me the children you don't want to raise ). Wrote them on my door.
Ah, Red At Night, wonderful song. <3 Cool that you have so many personal connections with their songs. ^^ That's the thing I love about them: like they know how you feel. When you listen to their songs, you not feeling alone and sad anymore. The songs make you happy, and calm and peaceful. And not much bands can do that. Smile And that's why they're in my opinion one of the best bands ever.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:39 pm

n_nicole wrote:
That's the thing I love about them: like they know how you feel. When you listen to their songs, you not feeling alone and sad anymore. The songs make you happy, and calm and peaceful. And not much bands can do that. Smile And that's why they're in my opinion one of the best bands ever.

That's exactly how I feel. I am not a calm person, but their music settles my mind down and makes me feel at peace with the world. To quote "Crush", "I've spent my whole life a little less up than my downs", but these songs make me happy. It's like magic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm

plugga wrote:

me too! your hair looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Hey Nicole, welcome to the forum!

Don't be afraid to step into the Spam thread in the General Chat section and say hi, that's how you'll get to know people!
Back to top Go down
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 pm

steph wrote:
plugga wrote:

me too! your hair looks awesome!

Ah thank you! ^^
Back to top Go down
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Don't be afraid to step into the Spam thread in the General Chat section and say hi, that's how you'll get to know people!

Thanks! Smile I won't be afraid, will definitely do that! Wink Always nice to meet new people!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:26 pm

n_nicole wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Thanks! Smile I won't be afraid, will definitely do that! Wink Always nice to meet new people!
Indeed!

Also, feel free to post a picture of yourself that isn't half covered in hair and sunglasses, haha. We've got a thread for it.
Back to top Go down
n_nicole
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Harbortown wrote:
n_nicole wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Indeed!

Also, feel free to post a picture of yourself that isn't half covered in hair and sunglasses, haha. We've got a thread for it.

Haha, I'll see what I can do. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Netherlands!   

Back to top Go down

Hi from the Netherlands!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1