A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 other covers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6680
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Thu May 10, 2012 6:43 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Well, Like I said, It was just a preview of the actual cover I plan to do soon.
Why would you release a preview that will be different from the end result?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 5597
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Pennsylvania-The land of the Three Rivers.

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Thu May 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Well, Like I said, It was just a preview of the actual cover I plan to do soon.
Why would you release a preview that will be different from the end result?
People wanted to hear it, and I have not had time to sit down and perfect the bridge okay? It was a little something to "Wet their whistles"
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 29
Location : England ,Wigan

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Thu May 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Well the reaction to Left of the Dial made me feel like sharing another:

Atlantic City

http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/atlantic-city-shaun-holland
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6680
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Holland wrote:
Well the reaction to Left of the Dial made me feel like sharing another:

Atlantic City

http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/atlantic-city-shaun-holland
Awesome. I'd suggest some more vocal ornaments towards the end, more climbing the high register.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 29
Location : England ,Wigan

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Thu May 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
Well the reaction to Left of the Dial made me feel like sharing another:

Atlantic City

http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/atlantic-city-shaun-holland
Awesome. I'd suggest some more vocal ornaments towards the end, more climbing the high register.

yeh I kinda know what you mean. I was tempted to put the background woo hoos in there too but wasn't sure they would fit in this version.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 439
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : Edmonton, AB

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Fri May 11, 2012 8:22 pm

not a cover but im doing some originals and im not sure if theres a thread for those so i'm gonna post this here

it's a WIP i just have a few lyrics written down but this is what i'm working on. i guess this would be a verse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugl0mH01gT8

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6680
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Sat May 12, 2012 2:10 am

Holland wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
Well the reaction to Left of the Dial made me feel like sharing another:

Atlantic City

http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/atlantic-city-shaun-holland
Awesome. I'd suggest some more vocal ornaments towards the end, more climbing the high register.

yeh I kinda know what you mean. I was tempted to put the background woo hoos in there too but wasn't sure they would fit in this version.
I meant the main melody though!

Backing vocals could have lifted it to some extent, but with some good old rock star howling towards the end it woulda been amazing.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 677
Join date : 2010-09-26
Location : Pittsburgh/State College

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue May 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Holland wrote:
Well seeing as I just finished Uni, here is one of the covers I submitted, thought maybe some of you guys would enjoy it :

Left of the Dial

http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/left-of-the-dial-shaun-holland

truly an incredible cover, seriously.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 29
Location : England ,Wigan

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue May 15, 2012 7:32 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Holland wrote:
Well seeing as I just finished Uni, here is one of the covers I submitted, thought maybe some of you guys would enjoy it :

Left of the Dial

http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/left-of-the-dial-shaun-holland

truly an incredible cover, seriously.

Thanks a lot. I must admit I am pretty proud of this one.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 5597
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Pennsylvania-The land of the Three Rivers.

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue May 15, 2012 8:40 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151130467349778 Okay...My Greenday cover of Bolevard of Broken dreams.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue May 15, 2012 8:52 pm

That last couple seconds of you staring angrily into the camera kinda frighten me.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 29
Location : England ,Wigan

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Looks like my Dancing in the Dark cover is getting played on a local radio station soon!!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Nice one Shaun it's definitely good enough Clap
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6680
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 pm

JimmyB wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151130467349778 Okay...My Greenday cover of Bolevard of Broken dreams.
Watching this is making me uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Holland wrote:
Looks like my Dancing in the Dark cover is getting played on a local radio station soon!!

Whoa, that's awesome! Congratulations! Clap
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: other covers   Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Holland wrote:
Looks like my Dancing in the Dark cover is getting played on a local radio station soon!!

Nice! Congrats, dude!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6680
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:02 am

That's seriously awesome Holland, how'd you land that?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 29
Location : England ,Wigan

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 am

Its a radio station that my band got on a few months ago, they some how found my soundcloud and thought that song would work on a covers segment of a show. Its only a small station but I am pretty happy about it as I wasn't exactly trying to get it on the radio or anything.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 am

I wish my recording equipment were better, but here goes nothing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 am

MattL wrote:
I wish my recording equipment were better, but here goes nothing

I like it! You're voice is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:01 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
MattL wrote:
I wish my recording equipment were better, but here goes nothing

I like it! You're voice is fantastic.

Thanks! Hug

Are you Letters Attached?

Because if so, you have the sweetest voice I think I've ever heard. Shocked
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:37 am

MattL wrote:
I wish my recording equipment were better, but here goes nothing

Matt, your Johnny Cash cover was fantastic! You have a really good voice. Smile And I love your cover of Maggie May, especially where you went in to Go Tell Everybody at the end. That was a really cool idea and it turned out great! Clap
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 27
Location : Stockholm, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:46 am

MattL wrote:
I wish my recording equipment were better, but here goes nothing

Really dig the Johnny Cash cover! Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
And I love your cover of Maggie May, especially where you went in to Go Tell Everybody at the end. That was a really cool idea and it turned out great! Clap

Okay, I'm going to be completely honest and say I have no idea how that happened.

It was 3:30 in the morning. I had to go check the recording to see what you meant. I'm completely confused at what happened. Shocked Thanks, though!

And thanks ThisMachineKillsFascists!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: other covers   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:00 pm

MattL wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
And I love your cover of Maggie May, especially where you went in to Go Tell Everybody at the end. That was a really cool idea and it turned out great! Clap

Okay, I'm going to be completely honest and say I have no idea how that happened.

It was 3:30 in the morning. I had to go check the recording to see what you meant. I'm completely confused at what happened. Shocked Thanks, though!

And thanks ThisMachineKillsFascists!

Are you kidding me?! It was a happy accident then, because it worked out brilliantly! The whole "I was a man of great sympathy when I loved you, baby, but tonight all my sympathy is gone" was like what Rod Stewart's character should have said when he left Maggie after she used him like that. You should leave it just how it is, because it totally works! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: other covers   

Back to top Go down
 
other covers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Art of the Book Cover
» Urgent- decor chaircovers for sale?
» U2 - Ordinary Love
» Pith Helmet Khaki Cover?
» Some new covers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: