A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fest 11!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Woo. No Trigger is playing inbetween MDAM and PBC on Friday, they just were skipped by some glitch but up now. That is going to be a good show, even though I'll probably skip PBC to try and get into High Dive for Restorations.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:50 am

If anyone here is going to Fest, I would be eternally grateful if you could pick me up a limited /100 Frank Turner 7" that will be sold there. Please PM me if you can hook me up!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Wonder if it'll be at the Flea Market or exclusively at his set. Most likely gonna be a one per person deal and I know Drew is crazy about that dude...haha. I'll ask around for you Shrews.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm not a big fan of 7"s though... still don't wanna make any promises. If its limited to 100 its gonna go super fast. What songs are gonna be on it?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:49 am

Pre-fest shows are announced. Both the ones at High Dive and Loosey's look amazing. Can't decide which one I wanna go to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:57 am

god damn I wish I was going again this year!!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:00 pm

So they mixed the whole schedule up and now I have no idea which shows I'll go to anymore... there are some good changes like Fake Problems and Front Bottoms no longer overlapping, but now Mixtapes overlaps with both BTMI! and Menzingers...

Plus there is stuff like, do I go to Restorations / Stay Ahead of the Weather, and risk not being able to make it into Latterman and hope I can at least head back to high dive for Into It Over It, or do I just see PBC, skip the high dive, and leave plenty of time to get into 8 seconds for Latterman

So many choices. should probably just wait until fest actually arrives incase they change everything again =P

current plan though. certainly going to change but so pumped... Sunday is going to be incredible. Friday is going to be amazing too. Saturday pretty solid as well.

thursday: prefest show at Loosey's feat Restorations, Junior Battles, BLR, Comadre and more.

12:40am - 1:30am Latterman
12:00am - 12:30am Stay Ahead of the Weather High Dive
11:10pm - 11:40pm Restorations High Dive
10:30pm - 11:10pm No Trigger
9:30pm - 10:10pm Make Do and Mend
8:30pm - 9:10pm The Swellers
????? (probably just head over to the venue. don't like the dopamines)
6:00pm - 6:30pm The Holy Mess 8 Seconds
5:10pm - 5:40pm Elway 8 Seconds

12:20am - 1:00am Red City Radio High Dive
11:20pm - 11:50pm Direct Hit! Bar 1982 (maybe, might decide to make sure I get into high dive for RCR)
10:30pm - 11:00pm Luther Loosey's
9:20pm - 10:00pm Broadway Calls 8 Seconds OR 9:10pm - 9:50pm The Flatliners Florida Theater of Gainesville (toughest call. Honestly prefer Broadway Calls, but they are a portland band so I get to see them more often than Flatliners...)
8:30pm - 9:00pm Junior Battles The Atlantic (hopefully. But don't wanna miss Banner Pilot and seeing their pre-fest show so won't be the end of the world if it doesn't pan out)
7:20pm - 8:00pm Banner Pilot 8 Seconds
6:10pm - 6:40pm Blacklist Royals High Dive
??????
3:40pm - 4:10pm Mixtapes (acoustic)

11:00pm - 12:00am Frank Turner 8 Seconds
10:30pm - 11:30pm Smoke or Fire Stereo (maybe)
9:30pm - 10:10pm Fake Problems Stereo
8:30pm - 9:10pm Underground Railroad to Candyland Stereo (maybe. no idea if they are any good but they win the Best Band Name award and I can't miss fake problems))
8:00pm - 8:40pm The Menzingers Florida Theater of Gainesville
7:30pm - 8:10pm Mixtapes Stereo (will actually probably just skip this... but it doing so will make me sad. might run over for a few songs)
7:00pm - 7:40pm Bomb The Music Industry 8 Seconds
6:00pm - 6:40pm The Front Bottoms 8 Seconds
4:00pm - 4:40pm Dear Landlord Florida Theater of Gainesville (maybe Cheap Girls instead)
3:00pm - 3:40pm Joyce Manor Florida Theater of Gainesville
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:30 pm

CluckyB wrote:
I'm not a big fan of 7"s though... still don't wanna make any promises. If its limited to 100 its gonna go super fast. What songs are gonna be on it?

Just noticed your response. Here's the details:

Franz Nicolay (of World Inferno/Friendship Society, The Hold Steady, Against Me! etc) and Frank Turner will cover songs by the English Playwrite/Composer/Singer Sir NoŽl Peirce Coward.

pressing info:

Black - /1000
Blue - /300
Red - /100
Clear - /100 (FEST EXCLUSIVE)

I agree this will probably go super fast.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:01 am

I've got only one recommendation for you: go see the Dutch band Antillectual. Real cool punktrio from a town nearby me. They're playing at Loosey's (120 SW 1st Avenue) on October 26 at 7:40 pm. Check them out at http://www.facebook.com/antillectual/app_204974879526524 or http://www.antillectual.com/media_/
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:05 pm

People going to this to see Arliss Nancy and have their minds blown in my opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:31 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
People going to this to see Arliss Nancy and have their minds blown in my opinion

I back this. cheers
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:

I back this. cheers

Simple Machines easy run in for album of the year in my books
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:

I back this. cheers

Their set starts right after the front bottoms ends, and its in the Atlantic so possible wouldn't even get in... might considering running over and catching the end of it and if I don't get in I head back and catch BTMI but it would make things tight.

Dammit Tony why do you have so many great bands playing making it impossible to see them all?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:56 am

Hahahaha I am 14 years old living in the north east so chances are I will never get to see them, but if someone could and reports back on how it was, there is little coverage of them to be found on the internet but I just feel like they are amazing and will one day give Lucero a run for their money but just need someone to back this up. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Sorry for the double post but is anyone going to see The Front Bottoms, my friend's band opened for them last month. They were really good, one of my mates even guested and played trumpet on a couple of their songs that night.

Also trying to get into new music, can someone recommend me any of the other Arliss Nancy, Lucero type alt-country/cow punk/southern rock bands that are there?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Sorry for the double post but is anyone going to see The Front Bottoms, my friend's band opened for them last month. They were really good, one of my mates even guested and played trumpet on a couple of their songs that night.

Also trying to get into new music, can someone recommend me any of the other Arliss Nancy, Lucero type alt-country/cow punk/southern rock bands that are there?

Front Butts are one of my most anctipated bands. Actually listening to their album right now =P

Not sure what other cow punk bands are playing. Blacklist Royals certainly have some country elements to them, but are much more punk rock (somewhere in between Gaslight and Lucero, but still wouldn't really classisfy them as "country" just like "country influences")

I've heard good things about Larry and his Flask and I know he's toured with Lucero in the past. Probably that whole Sunday at the Atlantic will be good for alt country. I mean, judging from name only you can tell that "Whiskey & Co" and "Old Man Markley" both play that kind of music too. Greenland is melting is tagged as bluegrass punk on last.fm... so yeah, seems like they put all those bands together so festers only need to replace their PBR with Whiskey the last day =)
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Larry & His Flask are a really good live show though I'm pretty sure no one in the entire band is named Larry.

edit: Angry Johnny, have you listened to Two Cow Garage?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 pm

simo wrote:
Larry & His Flask are a really good live show though I'm pretty sure no one in the entire band is named Larry.

edit: Angry Johnny, have you listened to Two Cow Garage?

Oh okay. Shows how much I know =) Would see them if they weren't playing the same time as Fake Problems. Smile
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

New Timeshares material is poop your pants good. The best band ever. Sorry other bands.

Wish I could have gone this year, just totally undoable given the circumstances. Def next year for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Not to rub it in or anything but that was an awesome weekend and completely blew fest 10 out of the water.

various highlights include:

* Junior Battles doing a flagpole sitta cover
* Making it into to see Arliss Nancy after the Front Bottoms placed. Certainly a good recommendation
* Randomly discovering the awesomeness that is Sam Russo while waiting for the mixtapes acoustic set
* Larry and his Flask, outside on a patio surrounded on all sides by festers. I had to stand on a picnic table
* Fake Problems being as awesome as ever and even playing a new song that sounded awesome because they are awesome
* Frank Turner doing what Frank Turner does best and providing one of the best concert experiences ever. It was end of fest so everyone was drunk and a bunch of us decided to stop giving any fucks and even though it was an acoustic set so we couldn't mosh we spend most of the last half of his set linking arms and brohugging and belting along ever word it was like taking a moshpit and replacing the violence with love and it was a little weird and it was magical and it was everything that makes fest fest.
* Incredible shows from The Swellers, No Trigger, RCR, Banner Pilot, Front Bottoms, Mixtapes, Menzingers just to name a few that I haven't already mentioned.

only real lowlights was missing a bit of the Menzingers because I spent too long at Mixtapes and got stuck in line, and this poser wearing a banana suit that made me think of Colin and get sad he wasn't there. Also my hotel was hilariously awful but I survived it so no complaints there.

Fairly sure in order for next year to top that I'm gonna need Colin and Sanam back though. No excuses for Fest 12!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Where have you been on Sam Russo? This board has been posting about him for like 3 years!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:08 pm

simo wrote:
Where have you been on Sam Russo? This board has been posting about him for like 3 years!

I donno man. Better late than never, right?

Also I forgot to mention all the other bands I checked out and like. Like Elway who I first saw at the prefest show and then went and saw their actual fest show and then saw the acoustic show before Mixtapes and each time was awesome and now i'm listening to Delusions and kicking myself for not listening to it earlier because its so bloody good.
Also Nothington, Tiny Empires, The Holy Mess and Good Luck were all awesome sounding. Oh and Cobra Skulls. That was another band I had at least heard about but never taken the time to check out because I suck at checking out bands and they were great too.

Really the only bands I saw that I didn't like were The Joint Chiefs of Math who were this weird band that didn't seem to have any lyrics and I left after like five minutes (only checked them out in the first place because there were lines everywhere else) and Comadre (sorry Colin...) which were just too screamo for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 pm

What Simo said about Sam Russo haha....agree with him

Where did you stay Drew? Holiday Inn again?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:05 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
What Simo said about Sam Russo haha....agree with him

Where did you stay Drew? Holiday Inn again?

No Holiday Inn sold out in like six hours I got stuck at this shitty ABC motel. Wasn't all bad, there were a few other hotels nearby so got to party there some last night and also wound up talking with this guy who was buds with the guys in Captain We're Sinking. But the hotel itself was pretty nasty, rock hard beds, half the lights didn't work, shower was way too short... gonna try and avoid that place next year Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:58 pm

did you see You Blew It! ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fest 11!   

Back to top Go down

Fest 11!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next