A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Logo Idea/revisions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : Philadelphia, PA

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:30 am

I'm still looking for the actually box
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:41 am

I love the diamond pendant design, Andrew! That was a great idea. I totally get what Steady Now was saying about how something lighter and/or brighter could be tough on the eyes, but I like the lighter grey you chose better than the current background.

Good revisions on the banner too. I hadn't noticed that the E was unclear before, but now that you fixed it I realize how much better it is now.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4155
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:35 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I love the diamond pendant design, Andrew! That was a great idea. I totally get what Steady Now was saying about how something lighter and/or brighter could be tough on the eyes, but I like the lighter grey you chose better than the current background.

Good revisions on the banner too. I hadn't noticed that the E was unclear before, but now that you fixed it I realize how much better it is now.


Appreciate the compliment, I think the pendant idea is Ok, I need to work on other designs, I guess ,cause people don't seem to thrilled about it. But I'm most likely going to take at least today off from working on stuff - maybe tomorrow also. I just can't think of anything to try, just have a huge mental block.

I also tried a redesign of the queen of lower chelsea- it was OK, but I wasn't convinced. I'm trying to add a brighter feel.

If people could recommend something (background colors, images ect.) Even, a background image from a different website, i could try and replicate a similar feeling. Any of That would be awesome. Very Happy

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:18 pm

For the background color, do you think a subtle shade of blue would work? Even if it was really dark, like a blackish blue, it would still seem a little more vibrant than the current colors. Just a thought.

When you get a mental block like that, the best thing to do is just walk away from the project for a little while like you were saying. Then when you come back to it in a couple of days you might have some new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4155
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:35 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
For the background color, do you think a subtle shade of blue would work? Even if it was really dark, like a blackish blue, it would still seem a little more vibrant than the current colors. Just a thought.

When you get a mental block like that, the best thing to do is just walk away from the project for a little while like you were saying. Then when you come back to it in a couple of days you might have some new ideas.

Colors like that would be possible, my only problem is I have very limited access to the code of this site. As such, my designs are going to be more simple. Basically i need to make something thats, "heres the image, and change this color". But I'll see if i can design something like that. Who knows maybe if it looks really good, it will happen Very Happy

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:09 am

do people want the whole colour scheme to change, or stick with the white text on black, etc?

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6668
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:10 am

steady now steady now wrote:
do people want the whole colour scheme to change, or stick with the white text on black, etc?
All we want is JUSTICE, OPRESSOR!!!!

All kidding aside, personally I'm actually perfectly fine with everything right now. I only ever wanted the banner to change.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 8156
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 27
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:12 am

We could also wait for the new album's graphic and use the same, hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:16 am

Why is everything white and weird all of a sudden? I am confused.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 am

Okay, nevermind. Now it's back to normal!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Why is everything white and weird all of a sudden? I am confused.

'cos I was playing around with the settings

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 am

I see, I figured that must've been what was going on.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:22 am

steady now steady now wrote:
do people want the whole colour scheme to change, or stick with the white text on black, etc?

Hey Steady Now! Personally, I'm fine with the white text in the dark box, but I was thinking maybe the background image could be updated a bit. Debonair was working on some ideas that looked promising.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 22
Location : The Ferris Wheel

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:13 pm

How about, making it look abit like the Elsie album?
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 22
Location : The Ferris Wheel

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:15 pm

My worst idea ever.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4155
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:05 pm

haha that idea is actually possible :p but seriously there is so many different things that can been done to this place to brighten it up, unfortunately i dont believe (currently) you can change the table color. because thread sections like "the horrible crowes" gaslight anthem interviews" appear to have images under the text. and even thee navigation button " home portal ect" have images , so if you mess with the color - youll throw off the rest of the look. Now how do you fix this might you ask? well its quite simple. you redesigin those images to match with a new color scheme. - all of which is fairly simple and ive done before. Smile

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Background updated as a trial, using the cover art for '45'. Comments?

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 8156
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 27
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:06 pm

I like it!!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : Philadelphia, PA

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:11 pm

Looks awesome, I like that both faces are so prominent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Looks awesome, I like that both faces are so prominent.

We could use the colour version, but I think it is too bright.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm

I like it too! This album art is fantastic. But I can only see the face on the left side of the record. The right one is cut off. Maybe it's just my computer... scratch
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:19 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I like it too! This album art is fantastic. But I can only see the face on the left side of the record. The right one is cut off. Maybe it's just my computer... scratch

It depends on your screen size.

So, is the colour version too hard on the eyes because of all the cream?

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:22 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I like it too! This album art is fantastic. But I can only see the face on the left side of the record. The right one is cut off. Maybe it's just my computer... scratch

It depends on your screen size.

So, is the colour version too hard on the eyes because of all the cream?


My laptop has a 15.6" screen, but now the image looks perfect. It's no big deal either way though, I can just adjust the page size if need be. I think it really looks great! Clap

I think the cream color is fine. What's the alternative?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:24 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I like it too! This album art is fantastic. But I can only see the face on the left side of the record. The right one is cut off. Maybe it's just my computer... scratch

It depends on your screen size.

So, is the colour version too hard on the eyes because of all the cream?


My laptop has a 15.6" screen, but now the image looks perfect. It's no big deal either way though, I can just adjust the page size if need be. I think it really looks great! Clap

I think the cream color is fine. What's the alternative?

the dark, greyish version from earlier, but I think I actually prefer this

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : Philadelphia, PA

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Tue May 01, 2012 12:25 pm

I prefer this one as well. Like that I can see a little bit of the label on the record too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   

Back to top Go down
 
Logo Idea/revisions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» I require a logo
» Picture showing up where logo should be
» Change the logo of Brown & Brown theme?
» How do i stretch my logo? And fix title bars.
» How to install a Banner/Logo

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Forum Updates & News-
Jump to: