A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My Twin Brother Finally Staretd Liking Gaslight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: My Twin Brother Finally Staretd Liking Gaslight   Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 pm

I have sent him 100s of songs via email, Spotify, Facebook, YouTube.

NO reaction at all.

I glance over on Spotify to see who is listening to what and it says

Tony is listening to Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts by The Gaslight Anthem on Spotify.--one of my favorite TGA songs.

Finally,. next a show with him in Atlanta (with Zack and Billy of course)

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: My Twin Brother Finally Staretd Liking Gaslight   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Great feeling, when you've got someone to talk to in person about Gaslight Anthem.

If there's one thing I'm thankful to these guys for is not for reinventing music for me, but reinventing music for my younger brother. I fell in love with music at a really young age, and same goes with my younger brother except until I introduced him to The Gaslight Anthem, he was into a small bit of pop-punk and whatever was on the charts. One day I was looking through his Spotify playlist which I named "Hunter's queer ass hippity hoppity shits" And saw that Sink or Swim in it's entirety saved there, was very proud. Was more proud when I checked back in two weeks time and the likes of Kanye West, Bruno Mars, Jay Z, Black Eyed Peas, and Usher etc had been replaced with Motorhead, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Animals, The Clash and The Rolling Stones.

The only thing we have in common is our love of The Gaslight Anthem, ever since the Asbury Park show last month he's almost been more into TGA then me (although not sure if this is possible for anyone to achieve Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: My Twin Brother Finally Staretd Liking Gaslight   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:43 pm

This sounds slightly similar to what happened to one of my brothers, he never liked gaslight, or did pay much attention to them, and then one day we saw on spotify or something like it, that he was listening to them. He still says he doesntt think Their great -yeah right Wink

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: My Twin Brother Finally Staretd Liking Gaslight   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Excellent stories.

I wish my brother was in Asbury Park with me on December 9.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Keeb631
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: My Twin Brother Finally Staretd Liking Gaslight   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:05 am

I'm slowly getting my brother in to TGA as well! He's still in that Bless The Fall/ Bullet For My Valentine scene. He'll learn one day, oh he'll learn..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ItsCoreyBrah
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Twin Brother Finally Staretd Liking Gaslight   

Back to top Go down

My Twin Brother Finally Staretd Liking Gaslight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1