A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Jason Mraz has a few fun songs on his first album (yes I own it). I would have preferred he stuck to the genre of white boy banjo rap rather than whatever the heck he does now, though.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:36 pm

I don't hate jazon mraz because he seems like a nice guy but I do hate bruno mars and james blunt. Don't ask why.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Oh I hate Bruno Mars so much. The first time I heard the Lazy Song I thought it was an extremely unfunny parody until I was informed that it was real.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:44 pm

plugga wrote:
I don't hate jazon mraz because he seems like a nice guy but I do hate bruno mars and james blunt. Don't ask why.

Eww, Bruno Mars. I can't stand him either. Mad
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am

Harbortown wrote:
I posted a rant on my Facebook wall. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Jason Mraz represents everything I hate about mainstream popular culture. Not because he's a bad singer or a bad songwriter per se, the problem is that his music is about as stale as a dead fish.
It doesn't bleed, it doesn't crumble by the threads of its soul, it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't grab you by the balls, it doesn't delve deeply into anything remotely uncomfortable and neither does it manage to encapsulate any type of euphoria. It's just there, a careful combination of chords and melodies that sound perfect in theory but to me, when I hear it, it's soulless garbage.

Whereas good music is written by people who have gone through hardships or great thrills of joy, Jason Mraz just sounds like some random idiot with a fedora sitting in a tree loft strumming chords with his hippie friends. I am so mad.

i've heard that jason mraz is pretty pro gay rights, so in my book that counts for a fuck load, however...i understand what you are saying about his music. it's almost more insulting for someone to create mediocre music/art than something that is really awful. i agree on that count wholeheartedly...and i also i really like the way you described it, haha.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:18 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
plugga wrote:

Eww, Bruno Mars. I can't stand him either. Mad

he is just so annoying with his wannabe MJ attitude, duh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so fucking tired of hearing nothing but Christmas music all the time at work. If I hear Jingle Bells one more time my brain's gonna explode.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:24 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I am so fucking tired of hearing nothing but Christmas music all the time at work. If I hear Jingle Bells one more time my brain's gonna explode.

christmas music makes me feel so depressed. god.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Same here.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 pm

I hate dances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:42 pm

I hate dancers.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:44 pm

It is the just everyone on my facebook is posting about a christmas dance...and brings up still rough memories of Highschool (Never went to a dance...not even my senior prom)
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:08 pm

JimmyB wrote:
It is the just everyone on my facebook is posting about a christmas dance...and brings up still rough memories of Highschool (Never went to a dance...not even my senior prom)
Neither did I, but you don't find me sulking about it. Stop being a little girl, brah.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:15 pm

JimmyB wrote:

If it's makes you feel better I'm not going to the dance next week...

Although that's because I'm going to a TGA gig on the same night Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:09 am

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Neither did I, but you don't find me sulking about it. Stop being a little girl, brah.

I never did either, but I did high school on the internet, so.... I probably would have had a terrible time if I ever went to one anyways, since I was awkward as fuck. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:10 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

If it's makes you feel better I'm not going to the dance next week...

Although that's because I'm going to a TGA gig on the same night Cool

I'd say that's a pretty legit reason to skip a dance... or any other event in life.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:25 am

simo wrote:
Oh I hate Bruno Mars so much. The first time I heard the Lazy Song I thought it was an extremely unfunny parody until I was informed that it was real.

I have been stressed out all night and this was the first laugh I've had in hours. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

In high school, the only dance I went to was junior prom (and only because my friends begged me to go). I doubt you missed anything, Jimmy. High school was just a waste of time in my opinion, so I don't sit around worrying if I missed out on something, and you shouldn't either. You're past that now and have your whole life to look forward to, so carpe diem!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:46 pm

plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

What are you guys talking about?! I love Christmas music! As Will Ferrell said in Elf, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." This is the best time of the year! santa Do you Scrooges need a visit from the ghosts of Christmases past, present, and yet to come?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:20 pm

plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

What are you guys talking about?! I love Christmas music! As Will Ferrell said in Elf, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." This is the best time of the year! santa Do you Scrooges need a visit from the ghosts of Christmases past, present, and yet to come?

ahahah maybe it's because I don't have a really big family but I really look forward for this part of the year to end!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Plugga, that makes me so sad. I have a really huge extended family spread out all over the U.S., but I just spend Christmas with my parents and sister. You don't need a lot of people around you to get into the holiday spirit. Just hearing "Silent Night" or watching "A Christmas Story" will do it for me any day of the year. I guess I'm still a five year old at heart during the holidays. I still feel the magic. rendeer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:32 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

ahahah maybe it's because I don't have a really big family but I really look forward for this part of the year to end!

hahaa, I can't stand Christmas! The past few years have been so drama filled and uncomfortable for me. I'm just gonna be like the Grinch and live alone on a mountain and shun all the happy people.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Just remember, the Grinch's heart grew three sizes at the end of the book/movie and he ended up celebrating right along with the Whos down in Whoville. There's hope for you yet! Wink
Back to top Go down
waltzingse˝ora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Christmas makes me sad. Maybe because it's close to my birthday and I don't like inviting 25 people and ending up eating the cake alone. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Jeez, am I the only one around here who loves Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next