A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 677
Join date : 2010-09-26
Location : Pittsburgh/State College

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 am

I've actually been compiling a playlist on youtube with these Easter Eggs or just special performances with something extra.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC3FB548EF87A4A86&feature=view_all


Still adding a bunch here and there!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:39 am

The part where they replace the end of Backseats with Lost in the Supermark....so good
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:24 pm

nomad677 wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Another one from Old White Lincoln @ 2010 Bonnaroo, Brian sings a lie from Nineteen by Tegan and Sara instead of the "bring a dolloar with you baby" line.

that's a line from 'Cold Cold Ground' by Tom Waits, way before Tegan and Sara.

Yeah, I know. I'm saying he sings a line from a Tegan and Sara song INSTEAD of Cold Cold Ground.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 630
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 24
Location : UK/New York

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:25 pm

JimmyB wrote:
In Biloxi Parish.."And we land in Asbury's arms" Could it be Asbury Park?

I believe so
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6695
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
But you and I have been through this-Bob Dylan Lyric originally.

What Dylan song are these lyrics from?

Oh my gosh, I feel so stupid. I just realized that this is All Along the Watchtower. And I call myself a Dylan fan! I will hang my head in shame... Embarassed

Hey, do not feel bad...It took me a minute even after reading where it was from to place it in All along the watch tower....

Thanks, JimmyB. I hate when I can't place where lyrics are from, and I REALLY should have known that one. Anyway, that was a good find on your part! Very Happy
No you should feel bad. It's All along the watchtower for god's sake!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 32
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:44 pm

JimmyB wrote:
In Biloxi Parish.."And we land in Asbury's arms" Could it be Asbury Park?

Of course. The song is all about being on tour for so long and missing home so when its all over they land back in Asburys arms
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Harbortown wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
But you and I have been through this-Bob Dylan Lyric originally.

What Dylan song are these lyrics from?

Oh my gosh, I feel so stupid. I just realized that this is All Along the Watchtower. And I call myself a Dylan fan! I will hang my head in shame... Embarassed

Hey, do not feel bad...It took me a minute even after reading where it was from to place it in All along the watch tower....

Thanks, JimmyB. I hate when I can't place where lyrics are from, and I REALLY should have known that one. Anyway, that was a good find on your part! Very Happy
No you should feel bad. It's All along the watchtower for god's sake!

I know! Crying or Very sad I am ashamed of myself and may never get over this.
Back to top Go down
cristinaevelyn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-05-18
Age : 32
Location : new jersey

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 pm

at the stone pony last summer during blue jeans & white t-shirts brian says " ill buy you a house on Cookman avenue, if they dont keep raising the rent so high" love that being as i used to live there
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:12 pm

JimmyB wrote:
In Biloxi Parish.."And we land in Asbury's arms" Could it be Asbury Park?

Definitely. I was hoping they would play it Friday because of this.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:13 pm

cristinaevelyn wrote:
at the stone pony last summer during blue jeans & white t-shirts brian says " ill buy you a house on Cookman avenue, if they dont keep raising the rent so high" love that being as i used to live there

Yeah, he said it in Philly as well. I am glad he did it normal the other night. No need...the crowd went ape anyway.
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-12-14
Age : 44
Location : illinois

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28 am

when i saw them in Indianapolis, Brian snuck a little bit of Thin Lizzy (Boys are back in town, if i remember right) into a song... not sure which song though.
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 107
Join date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 pm

there is a line from Cohens "Halleluja" in "Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?"

Cohen sings:
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall,
the major lift

and

It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Brian sings:

Between the minor chord fall
and the fourth and the fifth
It's a broken Hallelujah
and a pain in my fist
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 35
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:35 pm

PPQ wrote:
there is a line from Cohens "Halleluja" in "Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?"

Cohen sings:
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall,
the major lift

and

It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Brian sings:

Between the minor chord fall
and the fourth and the fifth
It's a broken Hallelujah
and a pain in my fist

How did anyone not mention this before?Exclamation Good job, PPQ! Very Happy


Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:38 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
PPQ wrote:
there is a line from Cohens "Halleluja" in "Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?"

Cohen sings:
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall,
the major lift

and

It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Brian sings:

Between the minor chord fall
and the fourth and the fifth
It's a broken Hallelujah
and a pain in my fist

How did anyone not mention this before?Exclamation Good job, PPQ! Very Happy



Its certainly been mentioned in the Complete Gaslight song/artist references list: http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t605-complete-gaslight-song-artist-references-list About 3/4ths the way down on that page. Brian's lyrics are full of references like that (although its honestly one of the more obvious ones)
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 107
Join date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Oh, I donīt know that. But if you know both songs it comes with a bang.
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 27
Location : Hazlet, NJ

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Another one from Old White Lincoln @ 2010 Bonnaroo, Brian sings a lie from Nineteen by Tegan and Sara instead of the "bring a dolloar with you baby" line.

Agreed. Love this!
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 107
Join date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:10 am

I try to merge "Red at Night" & Billy Braggs (Wilcos) "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key" in this vid. Its the same song, but it has - as seen in the booklets - two writers.

Red at night in the minor key
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances   

Back to top Go down
 
Easter Eggs in Gaslight Songs/Performances
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» TAKEN: Small amount of fresh milk available in/near New Braunfels at Easter
» Pavtube ByteCopy Easter Giveaway! Only Apr 19~22th!
» Lām quen v?i quilling
» Happy 2015 Easter Sunday! Pavtube Discount is Always with You
» Easter contests

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: