A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I know this is not a big deal since this is an i-Tunes only release but that cover art is awful. The picture is cool but that diagonal banner needs to go.

agreed
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Mcirish wrote:
Leaked!

say what now?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Have only been listening to the previews on itunes, but think this is one of the best things TGA have done. I have always loved how powerful Brian's voice is on the cover of Baba O'Riley at Carnegie Hall NY and am so pleased to finally have a recording of that. I've always wanted TGA to cover Refugee, didn't realise that they have done it live before until seeing this today.

Navesink Banks and Our Fathers Sons are both some of my favourite TGA songs, so needless to say it's great they are on there.

Finally the huge Pearl Jam fan in me is ecstatic about State of Love and Trust. Now all I need is to be able to warm to Boxer.

EDIT: Disregard that last bit. This version of Boxer is phenominal, although Brian sounds about 40 years older Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Mcirish wrote:
Leaked!

If you go to sideones twitter, they had a conversation going back and forth with a guy who uploaded it, and asked them to take it down. Apperaently the guy did from what the conversation ended on, but if i had to guess it probly already got downloaded a bunch of times

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:12 am

Anyone else noticed that on this it is listed as The Navesink Bank without the plural. Nothing major I know, but I look forward to seeing if this means there will be a new twist to the song like they've done with boxer.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:13 am

I found a download. Doesn't have the interview or Navesink Banks. I won't post a link obviously, and I'm still going to buy it seeing as how I've already preordered it. But I'm still excited to hear it.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 am

On a side note I wonder if they are planning to start playing Our Fathers Sons live now that they have released it on a compilation and on this iTunes session, which means that they have at least rehearsed it recently.

EDIT: And on the new recording of the song, Brian references "Surrender" by Cheap Trick. It seems a little out of place but I don't mind it.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:14 am

simo wrote:
I found a download. Doesn't have the interview or Navesink Banks. I won't post a link obviously, and I'm still going to buy it seeing as how I've already preordered it. But I'm still excited to hear it.

This really leaked quite early.

And thanks for observing the rules, Simo. So guys, no posting download links on here.

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:10 am

steady now steady now wrote:
simo wrote:

This really leaked quite early.

And thanks for observing the rules, Simo. So guys, no posting download links on here.

Yep and DSS was all over it from the start!
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 am

I wish they recorded their version of The War by Lucero
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:52 am

simo wrote:

Found it too. It's pretty good. king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:29 pm

simo wrote:
On a side note I wonder if they are planning to start playing Our Fathers Sons live now that they have released it on a compilation and on this iTunes session, which means that they have at least rehearsed it recently.

EDIT: And on the new recording of the song, Brian references "Surrender" by Cheap Trick. It seems a little out of place but I don't mind it.

I sure hope they do. Awesome that he referenced Cheap Trick! Underrated and very overlooked band, and an incredibly talented one.
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 pm

All of the songs except Navesink Banks and the interview are on Youtube.
Not sure if I can legally post a link, but the user name is "GaslightAnthemBlunts"
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Found it, downloading now. I feel dirty.
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Baba O'Reilly is on Youtube now

The Gaslight Anthem - 1. Baba O'Riley - iTunes Session
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm really diggin' the Boxer session...a clean-voiced Brian is always a lot more pleasing than what they released all that time ago.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Oooh I am sooo excited for this now! (Just listened on YT)

Always wanted a good version of Baba and Refugee, and wow wow wow House of the Rising Sun.
100x better than the acoustic version, holy f*#k
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:25 pm

I actually bought this so I'm not going to listen until I can legally download it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I actually bought this so I'm not going to listen until I can legally download it.

Me too. I did listen to the 90 sound clips on iTunes UK, but I won't listen to the leaked songs. It's hard though...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:26 pm

I haven't listened to those either, haha, and heck yes it's damn tough!

I've only listened to the Pearl Jam cover which is included on iTunes, and I don't even like it that much. Can't wait to hear the Gaslight stuff.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:26 am

I'm not into covers, it would be a lot nicer to have some regular TGA live tracks
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:51 pm

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Gaslight-Anthem-s--iTunes-Session--to-be-released-NEXT-TUESDAY-October-18th.html?soid=1011140821368&aid=nFXpz9dXUuM

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM'S ITUNES SESSION RELEASE DATE MOVED TO OCTOBER 18th, 2011

Los Angeles, CA-October 13, 2011-The Gaslight Anthem have announced their exclusive iTunes Session will be available for download via iTunes NEXT TUESDAY October 18, 2011. The iTunes Session was originally set to be released on December 13, 2011, but due to a overzealous member of the press who leaked the album, SideOneDummy Records and iTunes have elected to move the release date to next Tuesday.

The Gaslight Anthem's iTunes Session is comprised of 4 covers, 1 completely unreleased track and 2 re-imagined fan favorites that will leave fans wanting more.

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:00 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Gaslight-Anthem-s--iTunes-Session--to-be-released-NEXT-TUESDAY-October-18th.html?soid=1011140821368&aid=nFXpz9dXUuM

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" to be released NEXT TUESDAY October 18th

Really?! That's great news! I just checked iTunes and it still says December 13, so maybe they just haven't updated yet. I'm glad we won't have to wait another two months for this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:04 pm

damn you for ruining the christmas release date!
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:07 pm

riversedge wrote:
damn you for ruining the christmas release date!

Hopefully we still get a Christmas time show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next