A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe Jack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:32 am

steady now steady now wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
The item you pre-ordered, iTunes Session by The Gaslight Anthem, is now available. To download this item, click the link below or open iTunes and select Check for Available Downloads from the Store menu. If you have set your iTunes preferences to automatically download prepurchased content, this item may already be in your library.

not in the UK
Not in Canada either..still says Dec 13
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:15 pm

This is okay...I like all the orginals better! Didn't really make the songs their own! I do love The Navesink Banks tho! Sounds great...glad I pre-ordered for this alone!
Back to top Go down
Vreni0506
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Not in germany either! Sad
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Harbortown wrote:
riversedge wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
I just downloaded it too.

I'm slightly drunk as I just came back from a party, I put on Baba O'Reily and I fucking danced in my room. I never dance, but I danced around in my room, I had a pure rock moment. Then I had a sailor voice moment where I sang and played House of the rising sun (Brian fucking killed it) holy shit I might be a bit off in my writing cus I'm drunkg but DAMN this is a good bunch of songs.

house of the rising sun vocals are insane
Brian is outta this world.

Seriously, where did this voice come from?! Brian sounds like a fucking rock god all of the sudden. I hate to build expectations for albums, but I'm pretty sure the new Gaslight's gonna be the most epic thing ever created
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:47 pm

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
riversedge wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I'm slightly drunk as I just came back from a party, I put on Baba O'Reily and I fucking danced in my room. I never dance, but I danced around in my room, I had a pure rock moment. Then I had a sailor voice moment where I sang and played House of the rising sun (Brian fucking killed it) holy shit I might be a bit off in my writing cus I'm drunkg but DAMN this is a good bunch of songs.

Seriously, where did this voice come from?! Brian sounds like a fucking rock god all of the sudden. I hate to build expectations for albums, but I'm pretty sure the new Gaslight's gonna be the most epic thing ever created
I think there's definitely a whole fucking shitton of potential for sure. New producer, new record label, new times.

I showed the cover to my brother who doesn't even like Gaslight Anthem, but here's what he said:
"Holy fuck that's a nice version", and "God DAMN that man's got a voice".

YOU DA MAN BRIAN
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:33 pm

if this album is any indication, i'm sensing a lot more intensity and guitar solos on the next album. i think the guys are interesting in really rocking it up for the new one.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:35 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
if this album is any indication, i'm sensing a lot more intensity and guitar solos on the next album. i think the guys are interesting in really rocking it up for the new one.
Yesss, which is exactly what we want.

NO MORE SOFT GUITARS.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:42 pm

House of rising is amazing man! When did Brian get that rock and roll voice going for him?
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:47 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

That's what I'm expecting. I loved American Slang, but it definitely had a restrained feel to it. I'm betting they take the wraps off and make something gigantic this time around.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:48 pm

I think the guys were also influenced by this cover of the song. You can hear it in the solo's
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Harbortown wrote:
riversedge wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Had a dance party by myself last night after downloading these too.
Seriously - House of the Rising Sun cover might be the quickest way to get some ladies out of their clothing. Just Sayin'
That voice.

All the tracks are excellent and well worth buying, but man oh man...

Also really digging this version of Navesink Bank(s) too!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Heck yes. Self dancing sessions is where it's at.
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:13 pm

CutToRibbons wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
riversedge wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Had a dance party by myself last night after downloading these too.
Seriously - House of the Rising Sun cover might be the quickest way to get some ladies out of their clothing. Just Sayin'
That voice.

All the tracks are excellent and well worth buying, but man oh man...

Also really digging this version of Navesink Bank(s) too!

2:45 to 3:20 is unreal. It's like Robert Plant and Darkness era Bruce had a love child.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:15 pm

I like it, but I feel like the vocals are mixed a little too loud on the quieter tracks.
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
riversedge wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I think there's definitely a whole fucking shitton of potential for sure. New producer, new record label, new times.

I showed the cover to my brother who doesn't even like Gaslight Anthem, but here's what he said:

YOU DA MAN BRIAN

Their first record on Mercury might just be their Killers/Kings of Leon type breakout hit. The Itunes session was epic and that was just a few covers and old songs redone. Imagine a full 10-12 song record with fully original songs with that type of production values Mercury can provide?

It seems like its all coming together at the right time for Gaslight. The band is really hitting their stride just as they are on a label that can package it and support it on a grander scale.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:55 pm

gaslightfan89 wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
riversedge wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

YOU DA MAN BRIAN

Their first record on Mercury might just be their Killers/Kings of Leon type breakout hit. The Itunes session was epic and that was just a few covers and old songs redone. Imagine a full 10-12 song record with fully original songs with that type of production values Mercury can provide?

It seems like its all coming together at the right time for Gaslight. The band is really hitting their stride just as they are on a label that can package it and support it on a grander scale.
I agree with you.

I am so excited for this record.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:16 pm

seriously, nothing gets me more than brian going balls out on vocals. first diamond church street choir, then go tell everybody, now house of the rising sun.
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:34 pm

"Baby O'Riley" and "House Of The Rising Sun" sound REALLY amazing. Holy shit.

I really love that you can hear the guitars really well too.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:09 pm

A little disappointed by the songs they picked -- nothing we hadn't seen from them before and missing some other covers they've done for radio stations/live that would be nice to get studio copies of. The short clip of the Boxer version made it sound completely different from the Christmas one, but after listening to the full thing it just feels like a weaker version.

That being said, The House of the Rising Sun cover is beyond fantastic. Brian was born to sing that song.

The Navesink rework is pretty cool. The "SoS was their only good album" punx would probably see it as sacrilege, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing what happened if they redid some of their other earlier songs as well.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:56 pm

All the tracks are so good. No one seems to be talking about Refugee! I was ECSTATIC that they recorded it and was not disappointed. I was rocking out hardcore last night at first hearing it. Holy sweet-sounds, Batman!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:08 pm

I wish they would have covered U2's "Refugee."
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:39 pm

AngryJohnnyN1930 wrote:
All the tracks are so good. No one seems to be talking about Refugee! I was ECSTATIC that they recorded it and was not disappointed. I was rocking out hardcore last night at first hearing it. Holy sweet-sounds, Batman!

lol! I love their version of Refugee too. I bet Tom would be proud because they did an awesome job with this one!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Refugee is becoming my favorite.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:38 am

Nice addition to Our Fathers' Sons from Cheap Trick

"Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender..."
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:50 am

JJW319 wrote:
Nice addition to Our Fathers' Sons from Cheap Trick

"Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender..."

They also throw a Jefferson's(tv) quote

"Were moving on up to the east side, we've finally got a piece of the pie"

I don't know how I feel about this song, I kinda don't like it (compared to their other stuff), it sounds to much like blue jeans and white TS (to me) guitar wise in the intro/ through out. Also it sounds like he wasn't sure lyric wise what he wanted to say. It kinda feels like he was rambling trying to figure out the lyrics, and never got around to figuring it out fully.definetly can see why it got cut from 59 sound

To be fair haven't listened to it as much as alot of their stuff, so maybe I'll feel different after awhile

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"   

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next