A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hey there

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
908-Billy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Hey there   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:40 pm

What's up you guys?

I'm Billy, 23, from New Jersey. I grew up in Warren County, basically 15 minutes from the Route 22 toll into Pennsylvania, near the bowling alley and Lafayette. I went to White Township elementary, then Belvidere high school. It's all just cows and stuff up there, but I grew a liking to driving into Washington for a cheesesteak and a root beer at Stewart's near the Dairy Queen there with some friends. I also spent a lot of time just aimlessly driving around with them, making memories.

I was big into punk as a teenager, and mid-college I stumbled upon Gaslight through Pandora radio. It was probably 2007, and I remember Great Expectations was the first song I heard. I remember walking across campus drunk from one of the town bars, thinking about a girl that really wanted nothing to do with me, and not being able to sleep; so, I put on my iPod, and since I had just bought The 59 Sound, I played that to try and lull me to sleep. With my mind already thinking too hard, the room pitch black, and my hazy mind, Gaslight literally exploded from some band I found on Pandora to the only music that mattered. Shocked

From that moment, I've been a die-hard TGA fan. Naturally, from my NJ growing up, the lyrics of their songs grabbed me. They have all of it, from the driving around to the diners. I think you'd understand if I say that I can't really fully explain why I love their songs so much. It's at a subconscious level, I think.

But yup, that's my story. It's sweet to know that there's a place to talk about the band and actually have people listen and contribute.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hey there   Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Sounds like you're a fine addition to the bunch of Gaslight loonies we have here bro, welcome to the boards ; )
Back to top Go down
stuy101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: agreed   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:15 am

I know excatly what you mean when you say you can't explain what The Gaslights music means to you, it just matters!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey there   

Back to top Go down

Hey there
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: