A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Flogging Molly

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Flogging Molly   Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:09 am

I'm really surprised these guys don't have a topic yet. Sure they are a very different breed of punk than Gaslight -- but they also rock about as hard as anyone else out there and are one of the many examples of why SideOne is the best label. Plus celtic punk is just plan awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

I'm a huge fan. But I hate the new single. Also the left SideOne.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 pm

I LOVE Flogging Molly. I'm going to see them for the fourth time this upcoming Valentine's Day in downtown Atlanta, and the shows are 1) Always sold out, and 2) More intense than any other show of that year. I've really enjoyed that they've grown as a band, but have kept their roots pretty close-knot. However, I agree with CluckyB...the new single really sucks. It sounds nothing like them, and I found myself cringing when I heard the chorus...it just doesn't sound like this individual, intense band anymore....just a pop band with an Irish dude fronting it....

Still. I'll always love those guys, but I'm skeptical about the new album, if it's anywhere close to how the single, "Don't Shut 'Em Down", sounds. :/
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Mcirish wrote:
I completely agree. I love these guys (whoops -- these guys + Bridget), but I'm really hoping that "Don't Shut 'Em Down" is my least favorite track on the album. I really don't like it al all. Also, I'm pretty disappointed that they left both S1D and Ted Hutt behind for this record.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Mcirish wrote:

They did? o_0 Thats news to me. I guess I can understand wanting to do their own label thing -- there probably isn't a whole lot SideOne can continue to offer them they can't do on their own. But not using Ted Hutt is just dumb. Donno how that makes any sense at all.

And yeah, while I don't think the new song completely sucks -- it certainly doesn't sound like Flogging Molly and it would be a huge disappointment if the whole album sounded like that. It isn't promising that they are comparing it to Float, which IMO was their weakest album.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:07 pm

If anyone is interested, I recorded yesterday's SiriusXM broadcast of FM's Cleveland show. I'm not particularly skilled at ripping audio, but it's certainly serviceable.

mediafire.com download.php?6n0hgf6g46x15jl

HOUSE OF BLUES CLEVELAND FEB. 19, 2012
1. Drunken Lullabies
2. Requiem for a Dying Song
3. Speed of Darkness
4. Revolution
5. Life in a Tenement Square
6. Whistles the Wind
7. Saints and Sinners
8. The Likes of You Again
9. Swagger
10. The Power's Out

ACOUSTIC SET
11. The Son Never Shines (On Closed Doors)
12. A Prayer for Me in Silence
13. Us of Lesser Gods

14. Float
15. Oliver Boy (All of Our Boys)
16. Black Friday Rule
17. Rebels of the Sacred Heart
18. Devil's Dance Floor
19. If I Ever Leave This World Alive
20. What's Left of the Flag
21. The Seven Deadly Sins

ENCORE BREAK
22. The Times They Are A-Changin'
23. Salty Dog
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Yeah, I've always been a big fan. Seen them a few times in concert, and I'd have to say they put on a great live show! Tons of energy!

Sadly, I wasn't huge on their last couple albums. But, Drunken Lullabies and Within A Mile of Home are amazing!
Back to top Go down
sickgirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Love, love, love these guys Smile

I haven't seen them live, boo
I did meet all of them at a gas station in the middle of nowhere California. Of course it was around four am and I had been traveling for about twenty four hours, and I looked like it...
The guys were all awesome though, it was super cool talking to them.

If you like these guys you might want to check out a band called The Tossers, they've got some great songs and have actually been around longer than Flogging Molly and DKM, if I remember right
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:43 pm

sickgirl wrote:
Love, love, love these guys Smile

I haven't seen them live, boo
I did meet all of them at a gas station in the middle of nowhere California. Of course it was around four am and I had been traveling for about twenty four hours, and I looked like it...
The guys were all awesome though, it was super cool talking to them.

If you like these guys you might want to check out a band called The Tossers, they've got some great songs and have actually been around longer than Flogging Molly and DKM, if I remember right

You've met them in person?!!! Shocked

I am so jealous. Dave King has to be the coolest guy in the world! Next to Brian Fallon, of course.

And, yeah, they put on an epic show. I actually sprained my shoulder in a mosh pit at one of their concerts. haha Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out The Tossers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flogging Molly   

Back to top Go down

Flogging Molly
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1