A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gallows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:48 am

not really a fan of hardcore so don't trust me but I liked the "old" gallows better. oh well.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:03 am

Meh. its okay but...
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:07 am

I really like it, sounds completely different to everything else they have done which is good because it would of been hard for Wade to do what Frank did with the band.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:09 am

Hmm they don't sound very 'Gallows like' anymore , they should have started with a new name.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:16 am

Gaslight23 wrote:
I really like it, sounds completely different to everything else they have done which is good because it would of been hard for Wade to do what Frank did with the band.

props to them for actually changing their sound but that track sounds so generic to me, hmmmm
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Holland wrote:
Hmm they don't sound very 'Gallows like' anymore , they should have started with a new name.

yeah its just like oasis without Noel Gallagher. Beady Eye are basically Oasis
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

plugga wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:

props to them for actually changing their sound but that track sounds so generic to me, hmmmm

Yeah I do agree that it sounds like a generic hardcore song
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:39 pm

the song is meh in my opinion... nothing will ever be as good as Grey Britain
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:49 pm

They definitely should have changed their name. Is it good? Eh, I guess, but it's not Gallows. I'm sure most of you hate this band butttt....it's like when Ronnie Radke was replaced by Craig in Escape the Fate. It wasn't (and isn't) Escape the Fate anymore. Falling In Reverse is pretty much picking up where they left off. Sorry, I just love them haha
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Bea wrote:
the song is meh in my opinion... nothing will ever be as good as Grey Britain

Yes I agree nothing will ever beat Grey Britian, which is probably my favourite punk album ever after Sink or Swim, the originality and darkness of that album is why I loved Gallows, I agree that I think they should change their name as it doesn't sound like Gallows anymore, I still like the track but feel it's nothing new in terms of the genre, I hope they don't lose there originality completely
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:19 am

Great band. Or at least it was. Not sure about new singer. What ive heard of the new song it sound more Converge (which is great band also) than Gallows. But ill wait for more songs/new album to judge.
Saw them in 2010 in Finsbury Park, London opening for Rage Against The Machine and it was hands down at least the best opening bands gig ever! They started of with a great cover of God Save The Queen and also did I Fought The Law (and RATM later in the evening did White Riot which really make me buy the first album and became a "fan" of The Clash). Frank really was a great frontman and warmed up the audience really good. Shame that they wasnt later in the evening cause they would have gotten much more audience. They did a festival gig in my country later in the summer but I decided not to go cause I was hoping for club gig for the fall (or I was orking on that weekend)...but they didnt come and then Frank quits. Damn. But maybe I will see them with the new guy...
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:42 am

listened to grey britain after a long time a few days ago, forgot how much I loved it! Now I'm going to regret forever I didn't see them with frank.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:45 pm

I think it's a real shame. It used to be quite a family affair, I doubt it will ever be the same again without Frank.
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:14 pm

New video: http://www.nme.com/nme-video/gallows---mondo-chaos/1288874966001

Well, I listened it once and its not bad. But...it doesn't have that "Gallows feeling/sound". Maybe they are trying to get a way from it or sound different purposeply (sorry my English Cool ). Dont know. Somehow sounded more metal and the new singer just dont have that unique voice that Frank had/have. Thats kinda my first thought after listening the song one time. Lyrics kinda sucked as well...
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:16 pm

The video is a bit poor, song is average by there standards, I just don't think they are only the same level as they were on when they were making music with Frank Sad
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:38 pm

I was a big fan of Gallows when Frank was in the band and also really enjoyed Wade's Black Lungs solo album but the new Gallows song(s) is average and they've lost their unique sound mow.

Plus the lyrics are pretty poor. It was the way Frank articulated his anger so well that made them MATTER.

I've still ordered the new Gallows e.p 7" and I bet they're still awesome live.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 pm

I saw them last night and once before with the other singer when they were on tour with AFI. I liked them better last night. I think the former singer even came out to sing with them. I am totally Gallows ignorant so this was vague. I like to chime in with vaguery sometimes. I have photos of when the other guy came out and will post them. Then you can tell me if it was him.
/ignorant post
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Haha... the original singers brother is still in the band (on guitar and back up vocals). And they look very similar.

But I'm guess one of the singers from another band came out to sing with them. Maybe James from SHARKS. Yep post the photos Smile
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Ok- haven't edited it yet but for the sake of speed, here's one of the pictures.

Definitely know who James is. They're the whole reason I went Smile
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:46 pm

looks like frank to me uhm
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Yep definitely Frank. Great photo!
And very cool you're a Sharks fan too! Love that band!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:46 pm

I don't think I would have known about Sharks if it weren't for this board actually. Thanks to all you guys who mentioned them. Otherwise I'd have missed out on the greatness. They're way too good to be opening. I hope America likes them so they can headline some club shows. I wanna see them play longer than a half hour!

But yeah- I was surprised to see him come out. I didn't know what kind of terms he was on with the rest of Gallows so it was a cool surprise.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:11 pm

I think the gun is really cool.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:49 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I don't think I would have known about Sharks if it weren't for this board actually. Thanks to all you guys who mentioned them. Otherwise I'd have missed out on the greatness. They're way too good to be opening. I hope America likes them so they can headline some club shows. I wanna see them play longer than a half hour!

But yeah- I was surprised to see him come out. I didn't know what kind of terms he was on with the rest of Gallows so it was a cool surprise.

Sweet, the AP tour line up is sick, hope you had a good time. How were Title Fight, I love that band, and I am seeing them here in the UK in a couple of weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 pm

They were great. The lighting was non-existent so my photos are kinda meh. But I liked 'em. Love when the singer starts throwing air punches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gallows   

Back to top Go down

Gallows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: