A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Your music! (any and all types are welcome)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Jack wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Jack wrote:
Harbortown, Reach started playing right after 33RPMHero's song (sorry, still don't really know people's real names here :/) and I forgot how amazing that song is. In actuality, this is my music, stylistically speaking, so that doesn't hurt. But it's just a great song.
Haha thanks man. I actually started thinking I should take my own music in that direction, kind of a Lumineers thing. On my way to work today I started working out a new song in my head in that style and I'm really excited about it.

So did you ever get a chance to finish off this new song you were talking about? Everything you do is fantastic but Reach is my favorite. Although Rivers is also out-of-this-world good. I really think you should record a full EP and release it and play as many shows as you can. You got something, man. Such an engaging voice, the old "I'd listen to you sing the phone book" thing.

On a separate note we just wrapped the recording of an EP with our new lineup (we have a bassist and drummer now, and we have additional instrumentation on there as well). So excited to share it with y'all. Hopefully it'll be done before Christmas.
Oh man, uh, I never got around to recording doing any of that. I did, however, record a very rough version of the song straight into my Macbook microphone a while back:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s14K2pIygJVd
I was basically thinking something along the lines of this, but maybe a tiny bit faster and with a bunch of percussion on top.

Excited to hear your new stuff!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm

loazis wrote:

I'll second that. Your sounds is awesome Harbor. Personally, I'd be interested in hearing how you sound when you go all-out vocally, but your music is compelling.
Thanks, man.

I'm a baritone, meaning my vocal range is somewhere between bass (Johnny Cash) and tenor (80s Bon Jovi). I do like to sing in my higher range sometimes, the problem is my microphone doesn't like it when I do that. Perhaps I'll try to demonstrate it to you one of these days.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 5606
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 26
Location : Pennsylvania-The land of the Three Rivers.

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:22 pm

In high school, my barbershop and concert choir had me in the tenor parts, but I can get lower notes, provided in the right range. I'm kinda comfortable in middle B,C, and the lower ones.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Jack wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Jack wrote:
Harbortown, Reach started playing right after 33RPMHero's song (sorry, still don't really know people's real names here :/) and I forgot how amazing that song is. In actuality, this is my music, stylistically speaking, so that doesn't hurt. But it's just a great song.
Haha thanks man. I actually started thinking I should take my own music in that direction, kind of a Lumineers thing. On my way to work today I started working out a new song in my head in that style and I'm really excited about it.

So did you ever get a chance to finish off this new song you were talking about? Everything you do is fantastic but Reach is my favorite. Although Rivers is also out-of-this-world good. I really think you should record a full EP and release it and play as many shows as you can. You got something, man. Such an engaging voice, the old "I'd listen to you sing the phone book" thing.

On a separate note we just wrapped the recording of an EP with our new lineup (we have a bassist and drummer now, and we have additional instrumentation on there as well). So excited to share it with y'all. Hopefully it'll be done before Christmas.
Oh man, uh, I never got around to recording doing any of that. I did, however, record a very rough version of the song straight into my Macbook microphone a while back:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s14K2pIygJVd
I was basically thinking something along the lines of this, but maybe a tiny bit faster and with a bunch of percussion on top.

Excited to hear your new stuff!

I dig it, man. As I was banging on about before, I'd definitely like to hear you continue to sing/write/record.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Jack wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Jack wrote:
Harbortown, Reach started playing right after 33RPMHero's song (sorry, still don't really know people's real names here :/) and I forgot how amazing that song is. In actuality, this is my music, stylistically speaking, so that doesn't hurt. But it's just a great song.
Haha thanks man. I actually started thinking I should take my own music in that direction, kind of a Lumineers thing. On my way to work today I started working out a new song in my head in that style and I'm really excited about it.

So did you ever get a chance to finish off this new song you were talking about? Everything you do is fantastic but Reach is my favorite. Although Rivers is also out-of-this-world good. I really think you should record a full EP and release it and play as many shows as you can. You got something, man. Such an engaging voice, the old "I'd listen to you sing the phone book" thing.

On a separate note we just wrapped the recording of an EP with our new lineup (we have a bassist and drummer now, and we have additional instrumentation on there as well). So excited to share it with y'all. Hopefully it'll be done before Christmas.
Oh man, uh, I never got around to recording doing any of that. I did, however, record a very rough version of the song straight into my Macbook microphone a while back:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s14K2pIygJVd
I was basically thinking something along the lines of this, but maybe a tiny bit faster and with a bunch of percussion on top.

Excited to hear your new stuff!

Aaaaand you did it again.
God damn just get an EP out there, do as much live shows as possible, do a bit of networking and your the next big swedish thing! Very Happy

oh and @jack very interested in this EP Smile
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Hey guys, here it is! My band's new EP. We worked really hard on this and I'd greatly appreciate a listen.

https://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com/album/rose-boulevard
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Chris Riot
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-05-17
Location : Austria

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 am

hey guys!!! Band is fairly new, just put up a lyric Video on YouTube, thought some of you might like it, have a look/listen ;-)



Kind Regards

Chris
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:14 pm

I recorded another original!

https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/try-as-i-might

The recording's really sloppy, both in terms of production and kind of in terms of the vocals too, but I kinda like that. I don't want to be too much of a perfectionist about it because that always leads to me hating the song after a while.
I hope you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
brianpd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:23 pm

My band Secret of the Sound's new album is almost done when finished I'll post more info here. I hope I can get some good feedback from you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://secretofthesound.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:12 am

Here' an in-studio video of one of my band's new songs, The Ghost!

Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 pm

That chorus around 3:00 and the part afterwards, wow. I love the way the song builds up.

However, I feel that given how wonderful your voice sounds in the higher octaves, you should utilize that talent more. Also I think your girl would sound better in lower keys. I think that would be a better fit sonically.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Harbortown wrote:
That chorus around 3:00 and the part afterwards, wow. I love the way the song builds up.

However, I feel that given how wonderful your voice sounds in the higher octaves, you should utilize that talent more. Also I think your girl would sound better in lower keys. I think that would be a better fit sonically.

Why thank you, sir. Yeah, on this new EP I sing more in my upper register than I did on previous stuff. And yes, she has a wonderful lower register. Writing for two voices is a challenge for me sometimes, but I think I'm getting better at it. Being a tenor I really can't go very low at all so I have to work around that. Thanks for listening!
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Harbortown wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/rivers

I dun recorded a new song, fellas. Well, technically it's not new, and I've posted it here before, but I guess this is the final version.

Just listened to this. Better late than never, because this is a great song. I'm always in awe of your vocal tone and control. And envious of your low range.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Hombie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2014-11-16
Location : Bruges

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Chris Riot wrote:
hey guys!!! Band is fairly new, just put up a lyric Video on YouTube, thought some of you might like it, have a look/listen ;-)



Kind Regards

Chris

Very late in replying as I already faved it a good while ago, but that sounds pretty great! And the the presentation of the lyrics is pretty awesome too.

Dunno if I linked this before, if I have I think this specific version is at least newer:
https://soundcloud.com/myo-kun/mostly-alright-rough-demo

And this is definitely new: https://soundcloud.com/myo-kun/tired-bones-demo-v1
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:35 pm

So the whole EP is released today. As always, I'd greatly appreciate giving it a listen. Check it out on BandCamp or any of the Internet streaming/downloading services (iTunes, Spotify, etc.)

https://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com/album/ricketts-wood
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:56 am

I seemed to have missed that completely, Jack! I'm gonna have to listen to that as soon as I have the proper time to invest in giving it a fair go-through.

I've started composing some more pop/rock kinda stuff lately. Lots of 80s influences in terms of a broodier soundscape and reverb guitars. This one's pretty clearly influenced by Gaslight Anthem:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vwsVo110iF

The sound quality is super shitty because it's recorded through the laptop microphone and then Vocaroo compresses it some more. Do give it a listen and tell me what you think though.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 30
Location : England ,Wigan

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:11 pm

I like it!! Love the 80's vibe. Imagining that in a studio recording it could be like Brandon Flowersy, Brucey awesomeness.

Good job sir!!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Thank you so much!

Most of the stuff I write in this style is in Swedish, so you won't understand a word of this, but I'll share this one as well: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RZbKJRfGyU
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:46 am

Harbortown wrote:
I seemed to have missed that completely, Jack! I'm gonna have to listen to that as soon as I have the proper time to invest in giving it a fair go-through.

I've started composing some more pop/rock kinda stuff lately. Lots of 80s influences in terms of a broodier soundscape and reverb guitars. This one's pretty clearly influenced by Gaslight Anthem:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vwsVo110iF

The sound quality is super shitty because it's recorded through the laptop microphone and then Vocaroo compresses it some more. Do give it a listen and tell me what you think though.

Ah, you're so fucking good, you bastard.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Thank you so much, my man <3

I've got another english acoustic song in the works too:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1TmUvKQDeSy
Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:48 pm

https://soundcloud.com/bnchmrks_pampleteer

Todd Farrell and the Benchmarks
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Your voice is the bees knees, man
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Thanks bud Razz
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 27
Location : On the flipside, Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:40 am

You've got a really nice sound in that recording. The snicker at the end cracked me up.

I still occasionally listen to your cover of Crush, by the way. Such a cool voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   

Back to top Go down
 
Your music! (any and all types are welcome)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Misheard Music Lyrics
» What music stereotype are you?
» Seamless Background Music Player
» SCM Music Player Not Working
» The Music Crib!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: