A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nick Cave (with or without the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Birthday Party etc...)"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Nick Cave (with or without the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Birthday Party etc...)"    Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:56 am

Hadn't heard of these guys until this thread: http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/interviews-press-f14/hosted-by-the-gaslight-anthem-t2716.htm

but just listened to Henry's Dream. Wow. Its sorta like a harder rocking  Tom Waits. How did I not know about this band until just now?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Nick Cave (with or without the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Birthday Party etc...)"    Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:12 am

Nick Cave is awesome check out Grinderman to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick Cave (with or without the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Birthday Party etc...)"    Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Anyone else think that In the Ghetto could totally be an Arcade Fire song? Arcade Fire have to be fans of Nick Cave.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Nick Cave (with or without the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Birthday Party etc...)"    Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Listen to one of the newer releases (Abbatoir Blues) the chourus on 'there she goes, my beautiful world' is dare say, the best i've ever heard
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Nick Cave (with or without the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Birthday Party etc...)   Fri May 23, 2014 2:16 pm

I've been kinda flogging the Aussie thing here so I figured I'd promote our greatest son, Mr. Nick Cave. If you've not heard/heard of this incredible man, I can't rate him highly enough. Honestly one of the few songwriters in the Bob Dylan/Leonard Cohen level of poetry. As in introduction may I suggest

Into My Arms
The Mercy Seat
Rock of Gibraltar
The Weeping Song
Up Jumped The Devil
Tupelo
Black Hair
City of Refuge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Cave (with or without the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Birthday Party etc...)"    

Back to top Go down

Nick Cave (with or without the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Birthday Party etc...)"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1