A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:27 pm

loazis wrote:
Wow.

I just played my first vinyl record ever and I'm instantly hooked. I don't want to play my '59 sound cd, I want to put on the vinyl for crying out loud!

*heads over to a webshop*
that's the spirit! welcome to the club pirat
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Bea wrote:

the official Gaslight store has 350 copies has a Christmas present:
http://stores.homestead.com/gaslight/-strse-75/The-Gaslight-Anthem-Tumbling/Detail.bok

I was about to order, but the shipping cost was just as high as the value of the order. I guess I need to find another way then ...

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:16 pm

enola wrote:
Bea wrote:

the official Gaslight store has 350 copies has a Christmas present:
http://stores.homestead.com/gaslight/-strse-75/The-Gaslight-Anthem-Tumbling/Detail.bok

I was about to order, but the shipping cost was just as high as the value of the order. I guess I need to find another way then ...
they will be avalaible in many online stores in January (as you probably know already Razz), the one confirmed so far being shopradiocast.com, so maybe the postage will be cheaper on one of those sites Wink
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:20 pm

loazis wrote:
Wow.

I just played my first vinyl record ever and I'm instantly hooked. I don't want to play my '59 sound cd, I want to put on the vinyl for crying out loud!

cheers

proper records are great to handle, fun to wathc as they spin on the turntable, but a heck of a pain once the crackle, pop and skip business starts (I know, I grew up with them)

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Bea wrote:

they will be avalaible in many online stores in January (as you probably know already Razz), the one confirmed so far being shopradiocast.com, so maybe the postage will be cheaper on one of those sites Wink

I count on that ... and maybe they'll be available in some "real" stores in UK in Jan as well - then I could pick them up there Smile

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:25 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
loazis wrote:
Wow.

cheers

proper records are great to handle, fun to wathc as they spin on the turntable, but a heck of a pain once the crackle, pop and skip business starts (I know, I grew up with them)
alright, i just pictured you standing in front of the turntable watching a record spin as if it was the greatest thing in the world (picture the face of a kid when you give them candy), and it made me laugh jocolor

and btw 559 posts and still a Wooderson... i wanna be a Woody now! (like the cowboy!) Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 pm

Bea wrote:
alright, i just pictured you standing in front of the turntable watching a record spin as if it was the greatest thing in the world (picture the face of a kid when you give them candy), and it made me laugh jocolor

Ha, you think this is funny? Mad

That's what I did, sit on the floor, hold the cover, look at the art and the lyrics, and watch the record spin. With 33s, you can even read the label as it goes round. But then I didn't have all these other modern gadgets to dsitract me, like iphones. Razz

Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:37 pm

That's what I did, sit on the floor, hold the cover, look at the art and the lyrics, and watch the record spin. With 33s, you can even read the label as it goes round. But then I didn't have all these other modern gadgets to dsitract me, like iphones. Razz
i do what you described too (the sit on the floor and all that), but the way a pictured it was you just standing doing nothing else but watching the turntable with a happy face drunken
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Anyone end up grabbing an extra copy the wouldn't mind selling me for a reasonable price? I went to the record store too late.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Just got my Euro version from Banquet today. In addition to the different shape of the packaging, the color is also different. The US version uses blue ink on the woman's face/hair whereas the Euro version uses white ink. The Euro version has the same typo in the lyric sheet.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 pm

shopradiocast.com has some avalaible now
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:10 pm

My 4 U.S copies arrived today, to go with the European version which came last week, so the packageing was a bit different after all, 5 versions of the same 7 " single, now I know im mad.
Still with the Darkness box set thats my christmas sorted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 pm

I don't mind if you sent me one and the Darkness box is ace indeed:D
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:51 pm

brucesboots wrote:
My 4 U.S copies arrived today, to go with the European version which came last week, so the packageing was a bit different after all, 5 versions of the same 7 " single, now I know im mad.

Your not mad, i have all 5 aswel, such cool packaging for the US
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:55 pm

brucesboots wrote:

what website did you buy the US ones from?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:16 pm

azlisa wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

what website did you buy the US ones from?

I had to get them from an ebay store but paid the same amount as from a store
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:19 am

I bought European from Banquet, and U.S x4 from Vintage vinyl, also bought Black Friday Bruce 7" , u2 12"", and Metalica cd for my son, well impressed with them.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:52 am

I have only just realised that the Euro pressing has a different matrix number than the US pressings. I was initially told that "the European pressing is different in so far as it is made at a different pressing plant, although using the same masters and lacquers, so it won't show up as different". That doesn't actually seem to be the case, or could the same laquers have been used to produce two different matrices?

Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 am

I have only just realised that the Euro pressing has a different matrix number than the US pressings. I was initially told that "the European pressing is different in so far as it is made at a different pressing plant, although using the same masters and lacquers, so it won't show up as different". That doesn't actually seem to be the case, or could the same laquers have been used to produce two different matrices?

Well, SideOneDummy has a test pressing on Ebay now for the "European" pressing. Not sure this answers your question but it seems to address why there would be different matrix numbers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaslight-Anthem-She-Loves-You-Tumbling-Dice-7-EURO-TEST-PRESSING-/270862989935?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f10b13a6f#ht_500wt_1204
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:35 pm

There's a sealed green copy up on Ebay for a decent price, ships from Chicago if anyone in the states is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220851653886&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:3160#ht_961wt_1346
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Annnnd then I look on ShopRadioCast and see it for $6.99. -.-

That's embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:

That's embarrassing.

They don't have the light green one though. If you try to select it, the add to cart option disappears. I think that's one of the harder colors to find now, so it was good that you posted the eBay link. Don't be embarrassed! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:22 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:

That's embarrassing.

They don't have the light green one though. If you try to select it, the add to cart option disappears. I think that's one of the harder colors to find now, so it was good that you posted the eBay link. Don't be embarrassed! Smile

Hahaha okay great. xD I wanted to kick myself since I paid $17.85 for one and then I found ShopRadioCast's collection of Gaslight stuff. I'm surprised they sell their merch so cheaply - I just got the New Jersey hoodie earlier since that's the cheapest site that has it ($35 w/o shipping), so now in case I never see my first Gaslight hoodie I at least have this beautiful one to (sort of) compensate.

....I'm becoming a consumer whore again. >.< This new album release is getting me all flustered and excited. Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:

That's embarrassing.

Hahaha okay great. xD I wanted to kick myself since I paid $17.85 for one and then I found ShopRadioCast's collection of Gaslight stuff. I'm surprised they sell their merch so cheaply - I just got the New Jersey hoodie earlier since that's the cheapest site that has it ($35 w/o shipping), so now in case I never see my first Gaslight hoodie I at least have this beautiful one to (sort of) compensate.

....I'm becoming a consumer whore again. >.< This new album release is getting me all flustered and excited. Razz

Aw, I'm bad you got a new hoodie, but I still hope you get your old one back too.

I was just looking at ShopRadioCast today and thinking about placing an order. Handwritten is getting me anxious for new Gaslight stuff too! Razz And they do have good prices, which makes buying even more tempting!
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:

That's embarrassing.

Aw, I'm bad you got a new hoodie, but I still hope you get your old one back too.

I was just looking at ShopRadioCast today and thinking about placing an order. Handwritten is getting me anxious for new Gaslight stuff too! Razz And they do have good prices, which makes buying even more tempting!

I do too. I'm certain I will eventually. lol.

Right?! Their prices ROCK, all the other sites gauge the prices out the wazoo, it's ridiculous. I think I'll just keep myself to their own site and ShopRadioCast if I feel like getting anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   

Back to top Go down

'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Vinyl, CDs & Trading-
Jump to: