A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:44 pm

mine Very Happy
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gaslight-Anthem-Tumbling-Dice-READ-/160511992167
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:51 pm

i love sideonedummy, they tweeted this last night to the record store that I go to:

@side_one_dummy @ZiaRecords are you guys going to order more @gaslight_anthem 7"s from @ada_music so @azlisa can get a copy?

(i'm azlisa, haha!) they're so awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:12 pm

that's cool! One more reason why S1D is the best label ever Very Happy (and they should make t-shirts! Razz)
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:18 pm

haha you guys are fantastic. I understand that with very limited things, the market will have its way with it... as a completist moron I am willing to accept the fact that, should a test pressing of something pop up soon, it would at least be a while before my landlord could successfully evict me for rental payment shortcomings Wink

But with this, it's not limited at all. That's what bothers me, people engaging in false advertising by saying it's rare and limited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:04 pm

my local shop ordered this but didn't receive any...

i'm glad they'll be available online in january, but damn thats a long ways away right now.

oh well....
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:37 pm

rando question:

i downloaded the digital versions from the dropcards website, but itunes won't let me add album artwork. anyone know how to fix that?
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:45 pm

my stupid record store didn't get this in, bummer
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:44 pm

I called out one of the lying sellers on ebay as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: buffalosandman
Subject: Details about item: Shrewsbury_Stars sent a message about GASLIGHT ANTHEM Tumbling Dice RSD '10 SET OF ALL 4 #290505107496
Sent Date: Nov-27-10 15:23:36 PST

Dear buffalosandman,

Why are you posting patently false and information about these records!?!?!? THEY ARE NOT LIMITED AT ALL. Look at the record label's website and they make this abundently clear.

- Shrewsbury_Stars

Here was his/her lame response:

Dear Shrewsbury_Stars,

Sorry,
They are listed on the Record Store Day site.
All randomly distributed for Black Friday.
4 different covers with matching color vinyl.
Thanks for all your help though.

Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 pm

blugel wrote:

i'm glad they'll be available online in january, but damn thats a long ways away right now.

oh well....

record store day is a cool idea, but since it still is run by some "bigwigs," a lot of stores get screwed over.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:19 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
blugel wrote:

oh well....

record store day is a cool idea, but since it still is run by some "bigwigs," a lot of stores get screwed over.

It gets interesting when something is REALLY limited. Enough stores as it is didn't get the copies of this that they hoped to get... did anyone try to get that Hold Steady release during RSD earlier this year? yeeesh, that was intense. I think it was limited to 500 worldwide.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:35 am

acousticbandit wrote:
rando question:

i downloaded the digital versions from the dropcards website, but itunes won't let me add album artwork. anyone know how to fix that?

whenever i need artwork for itunes, i go to amazon, right click copy image, and paste it into the artwork box in itunes.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:39 am

fullcollapse wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
blugel wrote:

oh well....

It gets interesting when something is REALLY limited. Enough stores as it is didn't get the copies of this that they hoped to get... did anyone try to get that Hold Steady release during RSD earlier this year? yeeesh, that was intense. I think it was limited to 500 worldwide.

i thought 600. the record store i worked at/bummed around "ordered" 3 of them just to get one. dont even get me started on other releases. they screwed him over. agh sorry just being retroactively-bitter about my favorite store thats closed.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:45 am

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
blugel wrote:

oh well....

i thought 600. the record store i worked at/bummed around "ordered" 3 of them just to get one. dont even get me started on other releases. they screwed him over. agh sorry just being retroactively-bitter about my favorite store thats closed.

Yeah, 600 sounds more like it. So many stores get shafted on the releases. I know things are limited but I hear of some stores getting several copies of things while others get nothing.
Back to top Go down
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:22 pm

While some people do have these and are selling (starting them) for about $7 on eBay, I think it's inevitable that someone was going to take advantage of the situation. Side One may have had great intentions and believe that by keeping this in print forever they have done fans a favor, but I can't get behind the plan. If it was released with no numbers on it, where are all the copies? And, I think it was someone over on VC that had this point, unless they printed some ridiculous amount all at once and are just holding back, what happens when there are variations in releases (e.g. lighter/darker variations, slight changes in printing, etc. - the exact things that people end up spending ridiculous amounts for on eBay, right...)?

All that aside, the record does look great, and I'm just bitter because I didn't get a copy and haven't heard the RS cover yet.

There is someone selling a set of all 4 records on eBay for $49.99 (plus 4.99 shipping), if anyone's interested. I'm not gonna spend that on it when I already pre-ordered through SRC for about $20 cheaper, but I'd say it's not a bad deal for somebody who has to have it now.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:19 pm

moodydan wrote:
While some people do have these and are selling (starting them) for about $7 on eBay, I think it's inevitable that someone was going to take advantage of the situation. Side One may have had great intentions and believe that by keeping this in print forever they have done fans a favor, but I can't get behind the plan. If it was released with no numbers on it, where are all the copies? And, I think it was someone over on VC that had this point, unless they printed some ridiculous amount all at once and are just holding back, what happens when there are variations in releases (e.g. lighter/darker variations, slight changes in printing, etc. - the exact things that people end up spending ridiculous amounts for on eBay, right...)?

All that aside, the record does look great, and I'm just bitter because I didn't get a copy and haven't heard the RS cover yet.

There is someone selling a set of all 4 records on eBay for $49.99 (plus 4.99 shipping), if anyone's interested. I'm not gonna spend that on it when I already pre-ordered through SRC for about $20 cheaper, but I'd say it's not a bad deal for somebody who has to have it now.

I do agree that "it's not limited, but here's a few now, wait for the rest" is a recipe for disaster. But when it comes to slight variations in batches and whatnot... yeah, I'm an absolute sucker for the word "misprint." Unfortunately. ha. But I can accept that... "this is rare because of a mistake"... what I'm not able to stand currently are the people who are blatantly advertising these as "extremely rare and limited." Give me a misprint and then we'll talk. But at that point, I'm aware that it's my decision to have no self control and overpay for something unique, lmao.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:28 pm

azlisa wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
rando question:

whenever i need artwork for itunes, i go to amazon, right click copy image, and paste it into the artwork box in itunes.

i'm not THAT dense Razz

it just won't let me modify the artwork. i guess the only solution is to burn it to a cd and then reup it.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:05 pm

decided i will not take a single listen to tumbling dice until january when i get this bad boy.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:16 am

loazis wrote:
WTF!

bol.com just updated the delivery status -> "delivery time 4-6 weeks"

What the hell, I don't preorder this 3 months ago to not get it when it is released.

Yeah that was my initial reaction as well.
But I just got a mail from bol.com that the vinyl is coming today!
Did you receive it also?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 pm

I queried with Banquet Records in the UK why mine wasn't here yet and was told that the European release date is 6 December.

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:47 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I queried with Banquet Records in the UK why mine wasn't here yet and was told that the European release date is 6 December.
mine shipped today from the German store where i ordered it... scratch
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:05 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
moodydan wrote:

I do agree that "it's not limited, but here's a few now, wait for the rest" is a recipe for disaster. But when it comes to slight variations in batches and whatnot... yeah, I'm an absolute sucker for the word "misprint." Unfortunately. ha. But I can accept that... "this is rare because of a mistake"... what I'm not able to stand currently are the people who are blatantly advertising these as "extremely rare and limited." Give me a misprint and then we'll talk. But at that point, I'm aware that it's my decision to have no self control and overpay for something unique, lmao.

There actually is a misprint on the lyric sheet for She Loves You. The first line of the chorus is printed as "Would be for better baby would we be for worse" instead of "would WE be for better baby would we be for worse."

I wonder if they'll correct this in future pressings.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:55 pm

I dont understand this release , apart from the avid vinyl collector perspective , i bought She Loves You on itunes the day it was available so i dont want to buy it again but on the other hand i really want to hear Tumbling Dice but it seems that isnt going to be downloadable without the card thing , missed opportunity i think.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Holland wrote:
I dont understand this release , apart from the avid vinyl collector perspective , i bought She Loves You on itunes the day it was available so i dont want to buy it again but on the other hand i really want to hear Tumbling Dice but it seems that isnt going to be downloadable without the card thing , missed opportunity i think.

I bought copies in all four colors. I obviously don't need four download cards. If you would want, I can give you the download code for one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:09 pm

So SideOne Dummy is having a holiday sale and a contest:

"ALSO anyone that purchases a CD or LP during the month of December will be entered in a contest to win a test pressing of The Gaslight Anthem's new "Tumbling Dice" 7"!"

Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:29 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars that would be immense if you could do that and would make me very happy Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)   

Back to top Go down

'She Loves You' vinyl (26 November 2010)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next