A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sharks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:41 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
How did you manage to get a test pressing? That's really cool

Coffeebreath & Heartcache are really good, becuase they always sell test press packages, so out of 10 test presses, they sold 5 (each came with the grey and red as well), but they were gone within minutes. I have a test press of 'Show of Hands' as well. They will fund my retirement. Smile

That's really good, I hope they do Smile
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 pm

I ordered the red one. Can't wait to get it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks to all of you for purchasing!
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:26 pm

News from SHARKS facebook:

SHARKS
We regret to announce that Cris O'Reilly is no longer in Sharks. We would like to wish him all the best for the future. We will be continuing this year's touring/recording schedule with a temporary replacement, including every date of this year's Warped Tour. We hope to see you there. Thanks.

However reading through the comments it seems a few people are very angry at what has gone on and we haven't been told what actually happened.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
News from SHARKS facebook:

SHARKS
We regret to announce that Cris O'Reilly is no longer in Sharks. We would like to wish him all the best for the future. We will be continuing this year's touring/recording schedule with a temporary replacement, including every date of this year's Warped Tour. We hope to see you there. Thanks.

However reading through the comments it seems a few people are very angry at what has gone on and we haven't been told what actually happened.

bad, bad - Criso is a really nice guy

more from him at http://deafyouth.tumblr.com

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 pm

That sucks, i would play bass for them.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:44 pm

This sucks seems like they have turned their back on their mate and royally fucked him over judging on what has been said still this is the internet so maybe I am reading to much into but still sucks big time that they just dropped him like that.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 pm

kieran wrote:
This sucks seems like they have turned their back on their mate and royally fucked him over judging on what has been said still this is the internet so maybe I am reading to much into but still sucks big time that they just dropped him like that.

Yeah will be interesting to see if the real story actually comes out, but that's what it seems like to me too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 pm

So from what I've been reading on the internet so not sure what is true or not but what i got is that

criso was the one that gave brian from the gaslight anthem the sharks demo, thus Sharks being where they are today...

seems like they backstabbed the guy.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:23 am

Thats pretty much my reading of things to.

It has now also arisen that it was the three other 'founder members' that dropped him not management. I dont like the fact that they used their status as founder members to justify the situation as though it makes it okay because they are founders. Stinks of shit.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 am

My friend Dempsey is now playing bass for them on the Warped Tour, mad. I don't understand where Sharks came from!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:33 pm

kieran wrote:
It has now also arisen that it was the three other 'founder members' that dropped him not management.

well, that's one way of presenting it ...

kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:04 pm

kieran wrote:
It has now also arisen that it was the three other 'founder members' that dropped him not management.

well, that's one way of presenting it ...

True guess we are not going to know the full story for the foreseeable future anyway.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Dammit......I'm dying to know the full story! It's so hard to tell what truly happened/what factors led to Chris's "dismissal" from the band. It at least appears that Chris was not treated very well and that he was screwed over. I hate to speculate too much but in trying to piece everything together, it almost seems as if this decision were somehow related to the band's goals of advancement, rather than a legitimate dismissal based on validity, but I hope this is not the case, as I would lose a great deal of respect for a band attempting to advance their career at the expense of a friend/band member. I want to reiterate that this post is just my view of everything that I've heard so far, trying to "read between the lines" and piece things together. This is definitely not factual and for all I know, my impression could be completely off.
Back to top Go down
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:26 am

http://thatfilmduderyan.com/post/7024333664/sharks-the-great-north-american-adventure
A good read and maybe gives a little more inside ...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:38 am

Sharks fans can also discuss this whole issue on the unofficial Sharks forum at www.sharksmusic.net

Rock bus
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Must admit that this "sacking" doesnt sit very well

Just hope it doesnt ruin a band which has huge potential
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:19 am

Sharks will play a small venue headline gig at The Social in London on 31 August. It'll be their only remaining UK show this year (other than Reading and Leeds).

Tickets at http://www.wegottickets.com/event/125955

For what it's worth, I made my own poster for the gig.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:47 pm

I interviewed Sharks last week and just posted it here today: http://exm.nr/rdrtxy Just in time for Shark Week! tongue

I have to tell you that this forum definitely played a part in influencing me to check them out at all at the Social Distortion show. So thanks Smile

I've got the photos here as well: http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: temp   Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:36 pm

When I saw Sharks last night, support came from Great Cynics. I was really impressed with them and they are a nice bunch.

How was the Sharks gig? Who played bass as Steph wasn't anymore was he? I really wanted to go to the show but had already booked to go see Arcade Fire in Manchester before the show was announced. I did see them at Reading fest at the weekend so all is good, I can't wait for the album. Now gunna listen to this band Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:07 am

Gaslight23 wrote:
When I saw Sharks last night, support came from Great Cynics. I was really impressed with them and they are a nice bunch.

How was the Sharks gig? Who played bass as Steph wasn't anymore was he? I really wanted to go to the show but had already booked to go see Arcade Fire in Manchester before the show was announced. I did see them at Reading fest at the weekend so all is good, I can't wait for the album. Now gunna listen to this band Smile

the gig was great (dark, small basement venue, played the night before by the Mezingers); James was in top form; Adam Lovelock, their original bass player, helped out on bass as a one-off, which was a real treat; as for the next album, they will record it as a three piece, with James playing base in the studio

Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:13 am

Gaslight23 wrote:

the gig was great (dark, small basement venue, played the night before by the Mezingers); James was in top form; Adam Lovelock, their original bass player, helped out on bass as a one-off, which was a real treat; as for the next album, they will record it as a three piece, with James playing base in the studio

That sounds awesome, I love venues like that. Do you have any idea when the album is being released, did they mention that at all?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:18 am

Gaslight23 wrote:

That sounds awesome, I love venues like that. Do you have any idea when the album is being released, did they mention that at all?

no release date was mentioned; I think they have five weeks to record it, so into early October; figure it out from there

Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:21 am

Gaslight23 wrote:

no release date was mentioned; I think they have five weeks to record it, so into early October; figure it out from there

That's cool, something else to look forward to now that Elsie is out Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:36 am

as it happens, the new video is out today, with backstage footage from Sharks' tour with Social Distortion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DffziBCDMX8

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharks   

Back to top Go down

Sharks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: