A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:21 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
oh gosh....A Bieber Song Twisted Evil ....Then again...I think Benny would walk off the stage and personally hunt down bieber that night.

Aaahhhhh! Benny might hallucinate and think Brian was actually Bieber, then attack him right there on the stage, killing him before Alex R. and Alex L. are able to restrain him. He would of course plead insanity at the trial and be acquitted on all charges.

How is that possible? Brian is too tall and actually has facial hair...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:28 pm

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
oh gosh....A Bieber Song Twisted Evil ....Then again...I think Benny would walk off the stage and personally hunt down bieber that night.

Aaahhhhh! Benny might hallucinate and think Brian was actually Bieber, then attack him right there on the stage, killing him before Alex R. and Alex L. are able to restrain him. He would of course plead insanity at the trial and be acquitted on all charges.

And Brian doesn't sound like an obnoxious little girl either, but in a moment of temporary insanity, Benny's eyes could play some nightmarish tricks on him. Hmm...I wonder if he could use the insanity plea if he really killed Bieber. Will the real Justin Bieber please stand up?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:29 pm

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

And Brian doesn't sound like an obnoxious little girl eithe lol! r, but in a moment of temporary insanity, Benny's eyes could play some nightmarish tricks on him. Hmm...I wonder if he could use the insanity plea if he really killed Bieber. Will the real Justin Bieber please stand up?

Got it, Brian covers the real slim shady lol!

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

And Brian doesn't sound like an obnoxious little girl eithe lol! r, but in a moment of temporary insanity, Benny's eyes could play some nightmarish tricks on him. Hmm...I wonder if he could use the insanity plea if he really killed Bieber. Will the real Justin Bieber please stand up?

Got it, Brian covers the real slim shady lol!

That would be the perfect cover for The Horrible Gs after TGA breaks up (still laughing about that one, Harbortown!)! lol! My ears are starting to bleed just thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Can't wait to see Brian in a new era cap and gold teeth.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Oh my...Look what (you) I started.....
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:45 pm

After the Slim Shady cover comes out, everyone will be wondering what brand of wife beaters Brian is wearing and where he bought his gold chains. If this happens next year, maybe the world is going to end in 2012. Shocked Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:48 pm

If this happens next year, maybe the world is going to end in 2012. Shocked Wink

One could only hope.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
If this happens next year, maybe the world is going to end in 2012. Shocked Wink

One could only hope.

Replace zombies with Randall Flagg and we have a deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:01 pm

JimmyB wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

One could only hope.

Replace zombies with Randall Flagg and we have a deal.

My dad totally looks just like him.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:08 pm

I would like to see Them do some Christmas songs................ IN DECEMBER!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:08 am

ummmmm HEY YA. i fucking love that song, but imagining it more along the lines of "say i won't (recognize)" mhmm sounds good in my head.

^and there must be an awesome christmas song they could do....haha.
Back to top Go down
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:00 pm

steph wrote:

Fairytale of New York by the Pogues would be my pick. I think if they could work something out for the piano bits (Alex R plays!) they could do a fantastic job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:21 pm

steph wrote:
ummmmm HEY YA. i fucking love that song, but imagining it more along the lines of "say i won't (recognize)" mhmm sounds good in my head.

Brian could kill Hey Ya if he covered this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edsbS_SCADE
Back to top Go down
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Also, it's completely unlikely but I'd LOVE to see them take on Twist and Shout xD
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:29 pm

luckysparks wrote:
Also, it's completely unlikely but I'd LOVE to see them take on Twist and Shout xD

Haha! They could perform it in a parade just like Ferris Bueller. Laughing That would be a really fun cover.
Back to top Go down
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:56 pm

A Gaslight parade! It would be marvellous!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Don't fear the Reaper
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:36 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Don't fear the Reaper

I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years, but it could be pretty cool. Now Don't Fear the Reaper is going to be stuck in my head all night. Thanks JimmyB. Wink
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:46 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Don't fear the Reaper

I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years, but it could be pretty cool. Now Don't Fear the Reaper is going to be stuck in my head all night. Thanks JimmyB. Wink
Seriously, how did nobody think of that song? It's such an obvious candidate.

Nice one Jimbo.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:09 am

steph wrote:

Would to hear them cover Darlene Love's 'Christmas (Bby Please Come Home)', just cause its my fave christmas tune haha

How about John Lennon's 'This Is Xmas (The War Is Over)', U2 did a great acoustic version so I'd say Brian could easily add his own touch to it
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:12 am

No Christmas songs allowed unless it's the Kinks.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:21 am

simo wrote:
No Christmas songs allowed unless it's the Kinks.

Never even thought of that, reckon TGA could completley nail that tune!

Also reckon they could do a great version of Slade, can already imagine Brian singing the opening chorus 'Are you hanging up your stocking on the wall . . .' Surprised
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:54 am

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Don't fear the Reaper

I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years, but it could be pretty cool. Now lol! Don't Fear the Reaper is going to be stuck in my head all night. Thanks JimmyB. Wink
Seriously, how did nobody think of that song? It's such an obvious candidate.

Nice one Jimbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRzds1HHkas&feature=related

^ they better play it with more Cowbell though lol!

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
The M
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:50 am

Would love to hear Fallon cover a few Dylan songs. His version of "Don't Think Twice" (which I have on some bootleg or other) is great. I can easily imagine a knockout take of "Shelter from the Storm" or something else off of 'Blood on the Tracks.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   

Back to top Go down

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next