A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Replacements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:38 am

Yeah Chicago tickets are a lot pricier now (and up until the Replacements got added I was like 'eh would be fun' but wasn't completely sold) and most of the bands I'd really want to see are also playing Denver (or Fest). Plus Denver will be easier to get to. (actually while it will be more convenient to get to denver itself it looks like the location is a ways outside of denver. shitttt. oh well hopefully I'll find a way to make it all work out =P )
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Me and my friend are going to Chigago. I probably havent still recovered from the shock when I woke up and my other friend posted those news to my Facebook timeline. My friend had one question "Are we going?". Its gonna be also my first trip to USA which I have always dreamed. But still lot to do with, because it aint that easy to be an European and come there...well maybe even not that hard, but you cant just get drunk and book a cheap flight in middle of the night, cause you just feel like it. Thanks Osama!
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 am

http://paulwesterberg.proboards.com/thread/7773/sold-car-mats-rock-roll

This guy is my hero Very Happy! Thats decication man! Replacements were not Nirvana, but they sure got some crazy and decicated fans.
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Two weeks!! Was anybody here at Toronto? If you were and are going to tell something like setlist and stuff, please put some kinda SPOILER ALERT, because I really dont wanna know anything too specific about the show. Havent even watch a single video or review. But what ive read just seems great and I think I will not be dissapointment. They could show up completely drunk, stoned and play Mickey Mouse theme, Kumbaya, couple Motörhead covers and go home and I would still love them.
Do you think any TGA guys will be checking out this? They have their last show at Baltimore in 14th and this is 15 th. Or I would think guy like Dave Hause could be there. He could have even played there, but no. Im pretty satisfied about the line-up, because its the same lineup Paul used in his 93 solotour(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdIsB5FINDg)...except the bassist is of course, the one and only, Tommy Stinson. I cant haaaaaaardly wait! I cant wait!
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Sami....the jealousy reeks strong in me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:58 pm

I looked at the Toronto set list once but haven't watched any of the videos. Can't wait for Sep 15th
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:10 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
The Last Jukebox Romeo...I understand your jealousy Smile. Hopefully they do some UK/Europe gigs. But you never know with them. I dont think Mats even did that much Europe gigs which is shame.
I think this reunion is just great. Tommy said in one interview that Coachella have offered for years "silly money" if they do a reunion...instead they are going to Riotfest, because that really is a festival for musicians(well cant you see it by the lineup Wink ). I dont even remember which band havent done Coachella first when they do these comebacks.Bands like Rage Against The Machine or Refused which have these really political messages and stuff, did the festival. Basically I dont care that they did that and why not. And Im happy that I got to see them and dont think that for example their reunions are in no way one of these "just because of the money" reunions. But then again here comes The Replacements. Maybe the most unpolitical band that really did whatever the fuck they wanted, had some fun by doing it, but barely any money by doing it, influenced shitloads of bands and still after 22 years they say no to "silly money". Thats brilliant. Thats cool. Thats The Replacements.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Sami wrote:
The Last Jukebox Romeo...I understand your jealousy Smile. Hopefully they do some UK/Europe gigs.
Sad I would love them to play some UK/EU dates but yeah, I can't really see it.
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:50 am

[quote="The Last Jukebox Romeo"]
Sami wrote:
The Last Jukebox Romeo...I understand your jealousy Smile. Hopefully they do some UK/Europe gigs.
Quote :
Sad I would love them to play some UK/EU dates but yeah, I can't really see it.
Thats right. But then Paul has been really happy about these shows (and theres strong rumours about Minneapolis hometown gig and I think Stinson is always ready to do more shows) so you never know. I cant see them doing like big summer festival tour, but like small club (or could they fillout some arenas, I dont know?) tour would be cool. Like couple UK dates and then Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. Not that impossible I would think. Well see...
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 am

Please let them play the UK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

shit was insane. 25 songs. 2 covers. life changing.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:25 pm

my cooperating teacher went sanam, she also went to most of pauls solo tour of the east coast in 05 but hadn't seen the replacements since 87. said it was even better than seeing the band beforehand. age does help apparently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Indeed it was insanely good! Never thought Paul would sound so good. Now I just wanna see them again, but in a club if possible. Riotfest was good, but the weather sucked and why that day. There was some songs I miss but you cant really complain about that setlist. And as I thought Dave Minehan and Josh Freese were just perfect replacements, because we cant get the real ones. Im so happy I saw them. It was funny when lot of the folks around me were like middle-aged and somebody even told after Left Of The Dial "man that guy wasnt even born when that song came out" Very Happy. Mats music havent aged at all and they just are the best. Fuck Rolling Stones! U2, just try save the world instead of playing music. The Who could stop allready. Replacements just beats them all! A lot of bands that have come after could also stop, because most of them are just boring stadiumdinosaurs (Green Day, Metallica, even Foo Fighters in a way...). Now to see the house thats on cover of Let It Be. Years ago I made a joke how we are going to visit it. Not a joke anymore...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Do they have plans for more shows? Gotta see them.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:30 pm

simo wrote:
Do they have plans for more shows? Gotta see them.
Not sure if they're planning any other shows (praying for UK though as unlikely as it is) but one little thing I did find is you can download their entire Riot Fest Chicago show here ... http://www.thebarnpresents.com/setlist-stream-download-the-replacements-riot-fest-chicago-91513-15711.html
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Show at Riot Fest Denver was soooo good.

They played the whole show in the orange cowboy hats, plaid shirts and skirts.

punk as fuck.

the set was amazing. great mix of songs and they all sounded really good

then for the encore, Paul came out on the drums, Josh on the bass and Tommy on the guitar. They played Hootenanny and then fucked around for a few minutes playing some riffs, kicking over some drums, etc before walking off stage and flashing the audience a giant middle finger made out a lights. Absolutely hilarious. Easily the highlight of the whole festival
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:52 am

Okay...i think its time this thread is removed because I keep getting emotionally tortured everytime there are new posts about people going to see them and how awesome they are.
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 pm

I have a show on WPRK from 9am-10am and as some of you this past Thursday was the anniversary of Tim, but I was at CMJ so I could not celebrate it on the air, so I am having a belated celebration this coming Thursday. I was thinking of having a panel of replacements fans to discuss the record so if any of you are in Orlando, Winter Park, Winter Garden, Maitland, etc. and you are interested messeage me and we can have a kick ass radio show celebrating a great record!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:04 am

really enjoyed this interview with Colin Meloy of the decemberists talking about the Replacements

Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:52 am

Well they are playing Coachella. That festival sure aint got a good reputation, but at least its nice to see they will play more shows....because they were just too fucking good to only play 3 shows.
Back to top Go down
Aregular_89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:19 pm

When I get to see them I'll probably cry cry cry
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Sat May 03, 2014 8:38 pm

anybody going to that headlining show in St. Paul? Lucero and Hold Steady supporting. i'm trying to think of a show i'd rather see but it's hard.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 pm

I was lucky enough to score two tickets for the St. Paul show. Considering how quickly it sold out, maybe they'll add a second show.
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:08 pm

On their last scheduled show Paul gave at least some hope for us European fans. I would sell everything that I dont own to see them again. At the end it goes like: " were trying this shit for Europe..." and blabla 
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Replacements   

Back to top Go down

The Replacements
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next