A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 rarities album

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shake Shake Senora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 25
Location : the 101 on a california night.

PostSubject: rarities album   Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:54 pm

first time poster!

do you guys think that with the release of one more studio album, we'd be in line for a rarities album? it could be a collection of their favorite covers and the bonus tracks kind of like the killers' sawdust album. would brian release something like this in the next couple of years?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 25
Location : Columbia, Missouri

PostSubject: Re: rarities album   Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 pm

I don't know that there are that many rarities. I think everything recorded for T59S was released. I don't know about Sink or Swim. There's only a couple unreleased AS tracks that I know of. I don't think they have enough stuff to do it with recording new material.

And frankly I thought Sawdust was just a bunch of stuff that shouldn't have been released anyways.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3237
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: rarities album   Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:02 am

simo wrote:
There's only a couple unreleased AS tracks that I know of.

Tell us more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 25
Location : Columbia, Missouri

PostSubject: Re: rarities album   Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Benny said it in some interview. He said they recorded one extra song and a cover but he was afraid to say more because he always accidentally spoils secrets.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3237
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: rarities album   Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:33 pm

simo wrote:
Benny said it in some interview. He said they recorded one extra song and a cover but he was afraid to say more because he always accidentally spoils secrets.

I had thought of that, but you sounded as though you knew something more concrete. I wondered at the time if the extra song was 'She Loves You', but that would still leave the cover unaccounted for. As I understand that no single releases are planned just now, and hence no option for B-Sides, I guess we may not get to hear it for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-01-01
Age : 23
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: rarities album   Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:25 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
simo wrote:
Benny said it in some interview. He said they recorded one extra song and a cover but he was afraid to say more because he always accidentally spoils secrets.

I had thought of that, but you sounded as though you knew something more concrete. I wondered at the time if the extra song was 'She Loves You', but that would still leave the cover unaccounted for. As I understand that no single releases are planned just now, and hence no option for B-Sides, I guess we may not get to hear it for a while.

Didn't we already know about She Loves You when Benny came onto the chat? And surely Benny wouldn't have worded in the way he did if we were to be waiting a long time for it. They must have something planned for the near future, no? Maybe another EP?
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson


Posts : 412
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Palatine, IL

PostSubject: Re: rarities album   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:13 pm

The cover is probably for the under the influence series by suburban home
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 601
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 24
Location : Downstate, NY

PostSubject: Re: rarities album   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:46 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
The cover is probably for the under the influence series by suburban home

valid point. i thought i had read it in an interview for some european mag about the cover as well.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: rarities album   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 pm

simo wrote:
frankly I thought Sawdust was just a bunch of stuff that shouldn't have been released anyways.

I enjoyed the first two tracks on the album, everything else was crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: rarities album   

Back to top Go down
 
rarities album
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Best Rammstein Album EVER?
» Modern Talking - Remix Album @Wav
» Melanie Martinez
» BTCD27 - Thy D??ng Nguyn Khang - Tnh @320K
» NDBD - L? H?ng 12 - M?a Saigon N?ng Cali @320k

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: