A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Anybody here seen Brainscan?
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Killer Joe. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
kissthebottle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Brainscan!! Hahaha I remember watching that when I was little and getting all spooked out!

I really wanna see Safety Not Guaranteed. I have a little crush on Aubrey Plaza, but don't think she's in my Hollywood top 5 crushes. Probably falls right outside
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Madagascar 3...

Yeah, shouldn't have bothered with wasting the bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 am

MattL wrote:
Klown wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
Who's going to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer? The reviews I've read have said it's kind of stinky.

The fact that Tim Burton produced it, give me enough of a reason to avoid it.

Haha, not a Tim Burton fan either?

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS FOR THE FUCKIN WIN cheers cheers cheers ...and the deafening cheers drown out the haters... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:40 am

steph wrote:

i saw "Safety Not Guaranteed" and "Jeff Who Lives At Home" the other day. both were good, "Safety" was really good...i'm still thinking about it, i can't describe it really, just suffice it to say, it's good Smile

Jeff Who Lives At Home was alright...expected more for a Duplass film.

Safety Not Guatantted was brilliant. hands down the best movie I've seen so far this year.

steph wrote:

just saw "The Freebie"...it was good...and devastating.

it's about a couple who are so in love with each other and adore each other, but their sex life is fading, so they think maybe if they both sleep w/ someone else it will bring the spark back to their sex life, and all that entails...

I actually enjoyed this movie a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 pm

steph wrote:
MattL wrote:
Klown wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
Who's going to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer? The reviews I've read have said it's kind of stinky.

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS FOR THE FUCKIN WIN cheers cheers cheers ...and the deafening cheers drown out the haters... cheers cheers cheers

Clap
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:37 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:
MattL wrote:
Klown wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

Clap

High Five Edward Scissorhands is a great movie!
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:12 pm

I watched Mulholland Drive a few days ago, thought that was really good.

Recently I saw The Amazing Spiderman, which was also good. The Five Year Engagement which was ok, could've been a lot better but had a cool cast. And I'm about to watch Goon, not expecting lots from it but hopefully it's enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:21 pm

bringiton wrote:

Recently I saw The Amazing Spiderman, which was also good. The Five Year Engagement which was ok, could've been a lot better but had a cool cast. And I'm about to watch Goon, not expecting lots from it but hopefully it's enjoyable.

Seen the Amazing Spider-Man myself today, thouroughly enjoyed more than the previous Triology. Garfield made a great, more realistic Peter Parker. Though some of the final fight scenes reminded me too much of the Avengers fight scenes. Can't wait for the sequel!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:28 pm

bringiton wrote:

CLEAR EYES FULL HEARTS CAN'T LOSE!!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:42 pm

God Bless America

A good take on the absolute shit that clogs peoples lifes today, from the moronic ramblings of 'Juno' to 'American Idol' and teenagers via Tea Partiers and everything inbetween. But...I should leave it at good. Doesn't know whether to take itself serious, or have that dark edge. If 'Falling Down' had been made today, this would be it. Mixed in with 'Natural Born Killers', 'Kick Ass' and 'Leon'. Mind you, it's difficult at times to take it seriously, when it relies on the media it sets out to hate, including almost backing them up at times in an almost preachy manner...which kind of contradicts it's message. Decent showings from all involved, nicely paced with no real lags in the storyline, even if the ending is pretty much easy to guess from the second it starts.

Plus, c'mon, it involves a baby getting took out by a shotgun...extra points for that Smile

5/10.. The lesser of all the films it steals from, but still worth 100 mins of your time.

Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 pm

plugga wrote:
bringiton wrote:

CLEAR EYES FULL HEARTS CAN'T LOSE!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:09 pm

I saw Moonrise Kingdom this weekend. Loved it. Visually beautiful, very 60's French cinema.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Ted

Ahhh Seth, maybe 20 minutes is how long you should at pitching your ideas for. Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show (yes, I enjoyed it)hell I even enjoyed Comedy Calvacade. Ted however, falls victim to the same downfall that, that shit awful Inbetweeners movie did, an idea suited to a 20 minute TV show. This feels like if it had been compacted to a 20 minute episode, it would have been fine. But it's not, stretched out over far too long, it barely struggles to get a laugh past any of the parts that where in the trailer. Plenty of nods to other MacFarlane outings, but even the injokes, can't raise a smile. Cliched and by the numbers. Probably the usual dumb comedy that will have the fickle masses loving it and praising it as some second coming, which probably sums it up. I'm trying to find a redeeming point of this film...wait...the trailer was good! 2/10, and that 2 was for the trailer.

Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Ted was awful
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:08 am

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Indie Game : The Movie

Bit prentious, bit over-bearing, bit hipster, but a fun movie, and a great insight to the world of the guys making proper games, not this Modern Warfare or FIFA or whatever shite. Whilst a modern film, still has a hark back to an era where games were games, and not just an advert for how cool you can make your graphics. Recommended for all fans of video-games.

8/10

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:25 am

My review, for the moment, shall simply be no more, than YES!!!

11/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm

I watched 'Your Sister's Sister' last night in theaters while everyone was watching Batman.

I really enjoyed it. 8/10.

defiantly worth checking it out.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 pm

did you honestly think that ted was going to be a funny movie? I mean a teddy bear + jokes about sex?? Razz
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:54 am

plugga wrote:
did you honestly think that ted was going to be a funny movie? I mean a teddy bear + jokes about sex?? Razz

The trailer was great, but sadly I had this huge feeling that, that was it. I like MacFarlane and his type of humour, it's something I can turn off, and just let it play, without having to do any thinking. Ted couldn't even do that.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm going to watch The Dark Knight Rises, for the 4th time in the next few days, this is still an 11/10 film for me.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Klown wrote:
I'm going to watch The Dark Knight Rises, for the 4th time in the next few days, this is still an 11/10 film for me.

Just back from watching this, just wasn't for me I guess, really didn't see what all the hype was about. No

Weakest out of the trilogy imo, suffers from serious Godfather III syndrome I think, just too much to live up to maybe
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Philo wrote:
Klown wrote:

Just back from watching this, just wasn't for me I guess, really didn't see what all the hype was about. No

Weakest out of the trilogy imo, suffers from serious Godfather III syndrome I think, just too much to live up to maybe

I've heard a few reactions that fell on the other side of the fence for this one, and that's fair enough. I loved the fact that it took on-board 3 story arcs from comics, and referenced so much. I still get the original chills, from the last 5 minutes, re-watching it. I'm just a huge Batman fan, and this was so many of my favourite images of Batman, put on screen.

My main and probably only real grip from the film, the soundtrack, it was too over-bearing, and drowned out certain dialogue during the film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies   

Back to top Go down

Movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next