A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Vegetarians?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14 pm

ExitEnglish wrote:

speaking of veggie food, burger kings veggie burger is astonishingly delicious

really!? i think they are crap
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-03-27
Location : Santa Barbara/San Jose

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Burger King has veggie burgers? Is this new? While I appreciate the effort, I think I would be scared to try one. Knowig what my uncle who is a butcher and state inspector has told me about the quality of the foods they purchase I'm terrified of the chain's, albeit the whole fast food industry's, safety on the whole.

BTW, I just got around to finally watching Food Inc. The other day and all I have to say is that there should be a law mandating it being shown in schools. It was horrifying in a fascinating way and wouldve easily been enough to convert me to vegetariansim if I weren't already
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2008-07-10
Location : OC via LA.

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:57 am

Didn't read the entire thread (sorry!), but the first post mentioned Ike's place and while I'm not vegetarian, I will vouch for this place. It's delicious, every time I'm in NorCal, I make sure to stop by there. Out of the veggie options, the Gramps is good. But my personal favorites from Ike's have to be the HELLA FAT BASTARD (!!!) and Change. The HFB is so good, I had to take a picture of it last time I was up there while I ate it (dead serious). See:



That is a fried mozzarella stick in the sandwich. FFFFFRIED mozzarella stick. It's delicious. Really.

And I feel I have derailed the thread with my picture of my meaty, fried sandwiches. So I will say that Veggie Grill around SoCal is also pretty delicious. Their sweetheart fries are to die for.

Also, if any of you are in the Los Angeles area, I urge (DEMAND) you to stop by the Frankenstand (I believe it's formally called Franken's). It's a vegan hot dog truck/cart. It has a ghost/spook theme, which I think is fun, personally. I suggest getting the Witch or the Wolf.

Now I'm hungry. Darn it.

PS: With Ike's (for those visiting) - Just avoid peak lunch hours because those waits are impossible. My friends called in orders recently and were told they had to wait two to three hours for their sandwiches, wtf.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-03-27
Location : Santa Barbara/San Jose

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:07 am

efofex wrote:
Didn't read the entire thread (sorry!), but the first post mentioned Ike's place and while I'm not vegetarian, I will vouch for this place. It's delicious, every time I'm in NorCal, I make sure to stop by there. Out of the veggie options, the Gramps is good. But my personal favorites from Ike's have to be the HELLA FAT BASTARD (!!!) and Change. The HFB is so good, I had to take a picture of it last time I was up there while I ate it (dead serious). See:



That is a fried mozzarella stick in the sandwich. FFFFFRIED mozzarella stick. It's delicious. Really.

And I feel I have derailed the thread with my picture of my meaty, fried sandwiches. So I will say that Veggie Grill around SoCal is also pretty delicious. Their sweetheart fries are to die for.

Also, if any of you are in the Los Angeles area, I urge (DEMAND) you to stop by the Frankenstand (I believe it's formally called Franken's). It's a vegan hot dog truck/cart. It has a ghost/spook theme, which I think is fun, personally. I suggest getting the Witch or the Wolf.

Now I'm hungry. Darn it.

PS: With Ike's (for those visiting) - Just avoid peak lunch hours because those waits are impossible. My friends called in orders recently and were told they had to wait two to three hours for their sandwiches, wtf.

That sandwich literally made me nauseous when I looked at it. Although some mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce sounds unbelievably amazing right about now. Yummmm....

But yes, Ike's is notorious for having crazy long waits. It's partly because the bread isn't baked until you order it. They're actually opening one on Stanford's campus this Sunday so I don't have to drive an hour for an Ike's sandwich!! However, it's still soooo worth it!
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2008-07-10
Location : OC via LA.

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:41 am

Little Eden wrote:
efofex wrote:
Didn't read the entire thread (sorry!), but the first post mentioned Ike's place and while I'm not vegetarian, I will vouch for this place. It's delicious, every time I'm in NorCal, I make sure to stop by there. Out of the veggie options, the Gramps is good. But my personal favorites from Ike's have to be the HELLA FAT BASTARD (!!!) and Change. The HFB is so good, I had to take a picture of it last time I was up there while I ate it (dead serious). See:


That is a fried mozzarella stick in the sandwich. FFFFFRIED mozzarella stick. It's delicious. Really.

And I feel I have derailed the thread with my picture of my meaty, fried sandwiches. So I will say that Veggie Grill around SoCal is also pretty delicious. Their sweetheart fries are to die for.

Also, if any of you are in the Los Angeles area, I urge (DEMAND) you to stop by the Frankenstand (I believe it's formally called Franken's). It's a vegan hot dog truck/cart. It has a ghost/spook theme, which I think is fun, personally. I suggest getting the Witch or the Wolf.

Now I'm hungry. Darn it.

PS: With Ike's (for those visiting) - Just avoid peak lunch hours because those waits are impossible. My friends called in orders recently and were told they had to wait two to three hours for their sandwiches, wtf.

That sandwich literally made me nauseous when I looked at it. Although some mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce sounds unbelievably amazing right about now. Yummmm....

But yes, Ike's is notorious for having crazy long waits. It's partly because the bread isn't baked until you order it. They're actually opening one on Stanford's campus this Sunday so I don't have to drive an hour for an Ike's sandwich!! However, it's still soooo worth it!

Hahah, more of the Hella Fat Bastard for me. Yay, obesity! Just kidding. I just like getting it when I'm up there which is maybe once a year? Shall I put the sandwich under a spoiler cut for the faint of heart? Heh.

While not particularly a vegetarian place, Tartine Bakery in SF (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's on Guerrero?) has this delicious quiche with a vegetarian option. The regular has crème fraîche, local eggs, ham, and various herbs. So filling and
perfectly flaky. The vegetarian option has tomatoes instead of ham and is really worth a try.

Cruzer Pizza in Los Feliz has some really rad pizza. They use daiya and it's gluten-free.

And desserts, I've found that BabyCakes in Downtown LA is pretty good, but nothing compares to the Fakery Bakery in Studio City. It has vegan twinkies. Yum!

I'm not even vegetarian. I just love food. I often wonder how/why I'm not 500 lbs.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi there, veggie too...for ermm over 20 years Smile .

Best finds....
'Green Way' veggi cafe chain in Poland, I used to go to the one on Dworcowa Street in Bydgoscz where I lived for a few years, but they are in a few cities...my particular addiction was called Krokiet, a pancake with mushrooms and cabbage and salad.....

'Chop't' in Washington DC near Chinatown. Not veggi but the best salad experience ever, great value and huge portions, nothing like it in the UK I don't think.

Somewhere on North Street in Southville, Bristol is the best greasy spoon cafe for veggi breakfasts. Can't remember the name of it, but it rocks!

Anyone got any London recommendations?



Back to top Go down
undead and buried
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 28
Location : Preston, England

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:45 pm

I'm vegtarian. I live in preston it's a crappy little city in the northwest of England.
I turned veggie pretty much because of Anti-Flag, that was about 4 years ago.
And my favourite food is pizza.....cause it's awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=558550952&
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 28
Location : Portsmouth/Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:33 am

Home made veggie pizza is soooo good.

What do you add for topping? I go for the usual tomato base with cheese and then add pesto, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and corrugate.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:48 am

i love vegan pizza: just leave out the cheese (still good)

i like: garlic, ananas, capers, rocket-salad, onions,
Back to top Go down
undead and buried
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 28
Location : Preston, England

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Extra cheese and mushrooms are pretty much always on my pizzas. I would like to go vegan but not until I can afford to do it properly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=558550952&
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Jalapenos and Pineapples on a pizza...cloud 9
Back to top Go down
breakwhatbreaksyourheart
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-01-05
Location : 38°54'18"N, 77°00'85"W

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:52 pm

im vegan and i love it. i really like boca spicy soy chicken burgers. delicious!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755142136
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:36 pm

hey cool, so we're two vegans here =)


i'll go to my fav restaurant now, and enjoy some delicious vegan tirami-su. yummy =)
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 28
Location : Portsmouth/Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:34 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Jalapenos and Pineapples on a pizza...cloud 9

Pineapples should never go near pizza never. Jalapenos on the other hand yuuum!

My Girlfriend is going away to do a work placement in Bristol on Sunday so Saturday I am attempting to make a yummy veggie pealla and a few other bits so we can have a nice sit down meal before she goes. She isnt a veggie like myself but is pretty excepting and understanding of the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:31 pm

i think pineapples on pizza is awesome.


i always order my pizza without cheese to get it vegan, so i mix it sweet and salty so it still tastes good =)
garlic, pineapple, smoked tofu, capers and rocket salad, that's the perfect mix to me, yummy =)
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 807
Join date : 2009-02-17
Age : 27
Location : Drogheda, Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:37 pm

kieran wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Jalapenos and Pineapples on a pizza...cloud 9

Pineapples should never go near pizza never. Jalapenos on the other hand yuuum!

kieran speaks sense! Jalapenos, some onions, and other stuff I presume we're not supposed to mention in this thread.
Pineapples though? NEVER.
Back to top Go down
breakwhatbreaksyourheart
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-01-05
Location : 38°54'18"N, 77°00'85"W

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:36 pm

i wish we all lived closer to eachother. we could have a vegan/vegetarian gaslight cookout.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755142136
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Daire wrote:
kieran wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Jalapenos and Pineapples on a pizza...cloud 9

Pineapples should never go near pizza never. Jalapenos on the other hand yuuum!

kieran speaks sense! Jalapenos, some onions, and other stuff I presume we're not supposed to mention in this thread.
Pineapples though? NEVER.

you guys are on crack...go get a pizza and give the Jalapenos-Pineapple combo a try. Its AMAZING
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:14 pm

im going thru a tofu craze at the moment...any tips would be wonderful
Back to top Go down
undead and buried
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 28
Location : Preston, England

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 am

I wouldn't mind trying tofu but I have no idea how its cooked/what you do with it =(
And the best pizza is mushroom, peppers, jalapeno's and extra cheese =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=558550952&
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 28
Location : Portsmouth/Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Stir Fry it with some veg and a nice sauce simple but delicious.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 8156
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 28
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:03 pm

http://hipsterfood.tumblr.com/ delicious vegan recipes!
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 677
Join date : 2010-09-26
Location : Pittsburgh/State College

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Not a vegetarian in the slightest, but I found this thread very interesting. Interesting to see what everyone says - and there's quite alot of vegetarians/vegans here!

respect to those of you who live this way, just something i could never do
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-03-27
Location : Santa Barbara/San Jose

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:58 am

I'm glad to see that this thread is still going strong!

I've gotta catch up on it Very Happy
I believe we've done Benny proud lol
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:31 am

JJW319 wrote:
Not a vegetarian in the slightest, but I found this thread very interesting. Interesting to see what everyone says - and there's quite alot of vegetarians/vegans here!

respect to those of you who live this way, just something i could never do

that's cool of you. and i don't want to sound like i'm trying to convert you, but if you did have an real interest in it, there are some simple things you can do, like swapping fake meat in for real meat. or if you really wanted to gross yourself out, watch "earthlings" or "food inc". i haven't watched them, i've just heard enough about them to know i couldn't watch them. i had a friend who gave up meat after watching "food inc"

undead and buried wrote:
I wouldn't mind trying tofu but I have no idea how its cooked/what you do with it =(
And the best pizza is mushroom, peppers, jalapeno's and extra cheese =D

i haven't yet cooked tofu...and i've been vegetarian for ages...i usually just have it in chinese food...and it's only good if they cook it/fry it well and there is a good sauce on it. all i know is, if you don't fry it or do something good with it, it's just gross mushiness.

kieran wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Jalapenos and Pineapples on a pizza...cloud 9

Pineapples should never go near pizza never. Jalapenos on the other hand yuuum!

My Girlfriend is going away to do a work placement in Bristol on Sunday so Saturday I am attempting to make a yummy veggie pealla and a few other bits so we can have a nice sit down meal before she goes. She isnt a veggie like myself but is pretty excepting and understanding of the whole thing.

pineapples and green peppers...and maybe mushrooms. mmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Vegetarians?   

Back to top Go down
 
Vegetarians?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: General Chat & Discussions-
Jump to: