A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 forum queries, comments & problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: forum queries, comments & problems   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:07 am

If you have any queries or comments about the forum, or wish to notify admin of problems, then please post in this thread.

Remember that there is an FAQ section at http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/faq.htm

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-05-26
Age : 24
Location : Luxembourg / Spain

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:02 am

ehm... i don't know if this is the place for it (tell me if it isn't), but over at General Chat & Discussions there is a thread started by a so-called "wolverinebootsdan" user, so since there is an anti-spam/boots brigade on this forum, i thought i'd "inform" of this Wink
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:46 am

Bea wrote:
ehm... i don't know if this is the place for it (tell me if it isn't), but over at General Chat & Discussions there is a thread started by a so-called "wolverinebootsdan" user, so since there is an anti-spam/boots brigade on this forum, i thought i'd "inform" of this

thanks; Wolverine just sorted him out; it wasn't pretty

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 807
Join date : 2009-02-17
Age : 26
Location : Drogheda, Ireland

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:37 pm

If you go into your Admin Contol Panel you should be able to set it so new members have to verify their account by going into their email and clicking a link, or the more extreme option of Admins/Mods validating all new acconuts.


Edit:
It should also be possible to require people to enter a Captcha (ie http://blogcasts.de/dwalzen/blog/facebook_captcha.png) to make sure they're real people as such, and not bots.
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 107
Join date : 2013-03-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:55 am

How do I change the forum template? I need to get rid of the white text on black background if possible!
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 107
Join date : 2013-03-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:16 pm

FrankieG wrote:
How do I change the forum template? I need to get rid of the white text on black background if possible!

Any help? Is it not possible?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4155
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:38 pm

FrankieG wrote:
FrankieG wrote:
How do I change the forum template? I need to get rid of the white text on black background if possible!

Any help? Is it not possible?

If I'm understanding right what you are asking- then no something like that isn't possible. Sorry.

Also this topic is really old and was, I'm guessing, forgotten about. This is the newer version of this topic. So for quicker responses I recommend going here

http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t4293-forum-complaints-constructive-criticisms

Ill prob lock this later so this confusion doesn't happen again.

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 34
Location : Leeds, UK

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Why is it that when i want to quote another post in one of mine, i can't type outside of the quote box any more? I.e. it will let me effectively edit what the other person has typed, but i can't type beneath it.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4155
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:22 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
Why is it that when i want to quote another post in one of mine, i can't type outside of the quote box any more? I.e. it will let me effectively edit what the other person has typed, but i can't type beneath it.

Forumotion recently updated their commenting box so that it "auto displays" what your post will look like. there are glitches with it I've noticed. but, anyways, the very last icon on the list ( near the emoticons - looks like a page with writing on it- icon) will allow you to switch back to the old text code version.

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 34
Location : Leeds, UK

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Debonair wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
Why is it that when i want to quote another post in one of mine, i can't type outside of the quote box any more? I.e. it will let me effectively edit what the other person has typed, but i can't type beneath it.

Forumotion recently updated their commenting box so that it "auto displays" what your post will look like. there are glitches with it I've noticed. but, anyways, the very last icon on the list ( near the emoticons - looks like a page with writing on it- icon) will allow you to switch back to the old text code version.
Ah yes, that's done the trick. Thanking you. Odd - it must be a browser-specific bug.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 pm

What is "viglink" and why is it underlining and linking random phrases? It's making me think the person who posted really wants me to go look at something. I assume that's the idea, but why do we have this now?

(Edit: FYI, it went away after I logged in to post this. But anyway, it was happening in the London DVD topic).
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4155
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:36 pm

It's an ad script by forumotion. The Ads are how they make their money and keep it as a free forum service. Can't be turned off. There's probably a way to block it by browser (like An ad blocker plug in would most likely solve it)

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 22
Location : Isla Vista - A Well-Known Den of Sin

PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:49 am

yeah if you get adblock on google chrome it should go away.
I don't see none of that shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: forum queries, comments & problems   

Back to top Go down
 
forum queries, comments & problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» few-problems-with-my-invision-forum
» Forum causing problems to access to webmail personalized
» The Jukebox Forum
» Bank of England warns of problems
» Laffin Assasin has finally made the papers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Forum Updates & News-
Jump to: