A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:34 pm

I recently went to a small indie show in Silverlake, CA. While
the bands kept my attention for a good part of the night, I found myself
more interested in the slew of beautiful girls filling the
Silverlake Lounge.

What occupied my mind was how do I go about chatting with these numerous
indie girls? Sure, we obviously all have a shared interest in music,
but we are obviously all listening to the music, which is loud and
making it difficult to talk.

Maybe someone should start a dating website strictly for music
fans? I just can't find a good way to start a conversation at a loud
rock show, but don't get to meet many of these people in my daily
surroundings.

Anyone out there have a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Not much you can do there really. You could always pick out the best looking one and stalk them for a while after the show!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:45 pm

after the show? lots of people go to near bars to take a drink after shows, so that is usually a good place to talk and meet new people who have similar interests Wink
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 pm

In between bands?

I suppose its not that different from a club to be fair. Then again what do I know I cant remember how I met my girlfriend of 2 years so not really much help in these sort of things haha.
Back to top Go down
gib786
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:50 am

Rohypnol?
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 am

first thought the thread said "hitting women at concerts - can it be done?" haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 am

drifter69 wrote:
first thought the thread said "hitting women at concerts - can it be done?" haha
same here xD
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 am

Plant the seed early. Talk to them before the show when it is less crowded and quieter. Then stand close to them during the show and after ask them if they are going to any other shows coming up and maybe meet up with them a second time. Or just make out with a drunk chick and get her number.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:38 am

go with some classy pick-up lines, for example. Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:44 am

PFREEZY wrote:
Plant the seed early.

Sounds like a reciepie for disaster or a lawsuit

I dunno why this is such an issue to be honest just be yourself I always find myself talking to people I dont know at shows so I dunno cant be that hard just act yourself I suppose.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:14 am

gib786 wrote:
Rohypnol?

drifter69 wrote:

J.B.R. wrote:
go with some classy pick-up lines, for example. Does this smell like chloroform to you?

haha loving this thread! trying really hard to hide the giggles while at my desk! :S
seriously though i'd try & chat a bit inbetween bands then see where she's going afterwards so you can talk more. as you said you obviously have the same interests in music & probably more so quite a good place to meet someone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:48 am

my go to is usually to just get drunk.
once im drunk ill start a conversation with absolutely anyone.
Back to top Go down
Perka
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
. Or just make out with a drunk chick and get her number.

haha top notch! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:03 pm

haha thanks for the advice fellas!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Haha, had the same thought when I saw them last week, thinking "all the pretty girls in here are Gaslight fans, so not only are they hot, but they are awesome as well".

Was too occupied by my mancrush on Brian when they came onto the stage though so I kinda dropped the thought there and then.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:03 pm

loazis wrote:
Haha, had the same thought when I saw them last week, thinking "all the pretty girls in here are Gaslight fans, so not only are they hot, but they are awesome as well".

Was too occupied by my mancrush on Brian when they came onto the stage though so I kinda dropped the thought there and then.

Are you me?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:21 pm

massie1903 wrote:
loazis wrote:

Are you me?
Almost, my beard is heavier and I don't wear hoodies though!
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:01 pm

loazis wrote:
massie1903 wrote:
loazis wrote:

Are you me?
Almost, my beard is heavier and I don't wear hoodies though!

My beard is getting better. Hoodies rule. That was the gaslight hoodie i bought. 40 quid! Care, it's the greatest band in the world.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Honestly,

It maybe easier then you think. First, you already have something in common. So that is a plus. You may ease the nerves with some liquid courage and start up a conversation about: 1st time seeing them?, how many times have they seen them?, did they drive far?. If are taller offer them a better view in front of you, or ask them to move because they are blocking your view, making sure to note that you are not serious, lol. Other then that, just be funny, smile, and polite. You'll be surprised how many people will react to you if seem friendly.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:47 pm

At Glasgow i started talking to a girl after I made a joke about my dick. She took it well. Smooth.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 am

ktp wrote:
gib786 wrote:
Rohypnol?

drifter69 wrote:

J.B.R. wrote:

haha loving this thread! trying really hard to hide the giggles while at my desk! :S
seriously though i'd try & chat a bit inbetween bands then see where she's going afterwards so you can talk more. as you said you obviously have the same interests in music & probably more so quite a good place to meet someone!

this thread was definitely good for some laughs.
as someone else mentioned, have a drink or two to loosen you up, always makes it much easier to start a conversation with a random person.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:55 am

haha mancrush! just don't stare. make her laugh and go for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:50 pm

This should go in the Spam thread, OGC.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:52 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
This should go in the Spam thread, OGC.

I agree, unfortunately this thread was created a long time ago, before the Spam thread.
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 pm

I see. I am kinda new here
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?   

Back to top Go down

Hitting on Women at Concerts - Can it be Done?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1